Is there anything they actually don't copy?

i8hibsh

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, been here before said:

I was around in in 80s and it was always a twirly to us.

Only because its the only one really caught on film back when it was done regularly. Used to see them week in week out.

At the bigger games it was quite a sight but some lesser games it hardly got going like today.

2 hours ago, jambokev said:

I remember being in amongst that .....great atmosphere !..."That isn't a blizzard,that is the Hearts support !"

I was there somewhere in the shed at the back. We beat Celtic that day! 

Sort of related currently in Hamburg been in both the St Pauli and HSV shops today. Didn't buy a thing as a former punk quite like St Pauli but their links with ra sellick extend to selling sellick scarves in their shop petty I know. HSV fans have links to Rangers so bought zilch there too equally petty.

St Pauli seem to have a new line in merchandising with you'll never walk alone on it so they're not proud or original either. HHGH.

52 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

At the bigger games it was quite a sight but some lesser games it hardly got going like today.

I was there somewhere in the shed at the back. We beat Celtic that day! 

Me too, standing just next to the shed, near the pie stand.  I remember watching the game later on Sportscene, young lads dancing on the roof of the pie stand when Robbo scored the free kick iirc.  Brilliant atmosphere!

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Pa Kujabi?

Indeed. We aren’t allowed to mention that game anymore though. Apparently that’s the reason our recent derby form is so shit.

:unsure:

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, EH11 said:

Me too, standing just next to the shed, near the pie stand.  I remember watching the game later on Sportscene, young lads dancing on the roof of the pie stand when Robbo scored the free kick iirc.  Brilliant atmosphere!

It was a great period where we didn't really fear the OF especially at Tynecastle. The derbies only went one way as well. If only we could rediscover that confidence that came naturally to us back then and see the crowd respond to that as it did in the 80s.

7 hours ago, TheStig said:

Who cares at least they attempt to make some noise. Same can't be said for our fans and our pathetic 3 songs.

OMS

Hobos still revel in 86 as thay had nothing else and still do

Yet one of there few anthems has in it ''we hate done Dundee'' which they sing every week

Never  quite got that

5 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

yip. allot without scarfs as well- I die a little inside.

nb- I look cool doing the twirly. :fonzie:

I rarely wear a scarf, havent for a good few years and am in no way at all young!! 

8 hours ago, Darren said:

Which we copied from Motherwell.

Don't know how much credit Motherwell can take for it. Pretty much every club in England with 4 letter initials sings it.

6 hours ago, Bozi said:

The helicopter? Helicopter?

Think you mean the twirly mate 

Don't think I have ever heard someone call it a helicopter 

You get a ban if you do the helicopter in a stadium full of women and children...

there were songs that  multiples of clubs supporters sang in Scotland in the past. But  the theme of dropping songs because 'they', whoever they are, sing a version is pretty depressing. Frowning on copying what other fans have done just seems like some sort of bizarre snobbery, especially when Tynecastle lacks any real atmosphere.

I read a while back someone saying the South Morocco song  was a Hibs song because their reference would be to 1973 (the greatest game in history) and that it wasn't right to be singing it. Depressing.

As regards Hearts fans, I can't even remember the last time I heard when the Hearts go marching in at Tynecastle.

Some  fans get credit for songs they pinch

They had Cowden fans singing there dirty and there smelly song on Gary Lineker  Beeb show yonks ago like they were the first

I remember singing you are my Jamtarts in the 80,s next time i heard it well yrs later was celtic singing it about HL

Its swings and round abouts a lot of the time

Hibs  have no shame, even feed the glaswegians was doing the rounds prior  to them jumping on

"Fan culture."

Why can't we just (a) get on with the game; (b) get on with watching the game?

been here before

They dont have a several hundred page thread about our new stand.

...ahhh right hold on a minute...

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

Correct.  Many of them refusing to wash until they do 10-in-a-row.

So that's what they've been singing !

We're no' gonna wash until we get 10 in a row,10 in a row.

Campaign to re-ignite the twirly/helicopter/blizzard starts now.

I’m gonna go twirling down the street to work. :yas:

Archived