***Official Hearts v Ross County Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, GlasgoJambo said:

You could well be right. To a degree the lack of creativity has been highlighted since and including that great season, (hence all the Scott Allan threads). Confidence and playing well as a team are huge factors too. As was Osman Sow.

:thumbsup: Funny you should mention Scott Allan, watched him play a pass last night, that I have'nt seen from us in I do'nt know you long, Oh for big Osman in this team!!

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Pie-Heid said:

- "Purely commenting on the BBC online commentary" - I'm sure the BBC online commentary was as impartial as could be expected from such a bastion of impartiality and good honest reporting.

-"as previously posted" - well excuse me for taking your post entirely out of context then.

- "It is a statistical fact"I bow to your empirical knowledge of statistics (I'm not worthy!)

- "Was not at the game today". Well at least you were nice and warm no doubt, that's nice

-"that has nil to do with the point"- Remind me of what your point was

- "The hospitality at Murrayfield was more attractive than what we have been dishing up." I'm sure it is...if you like having your ring buffed by Farquhar or one of his investment banker chums after a couple of cocktails.

Oh my god its the JKB polis lets all kack our pants then !!

1.as raised by a previous poster obviously he can read as well.

Apology accepted

3.Correct you are not.

4.What has warmth to do with anything.

5.waste of time

6.You obviously prefer to stick pies in any part of your body available, watch them spicy ones might nip a bit.

Your oh so subtle use of green, is noted, you are pretty pathetic but crack on ( probably very appropriate):thumbsup:

You can look at it many ways.

Isma scores that tap in then it's a very good day. I'd be convinced we'd have went on to win comfortably.

Or his miss sums up our lack of efficiency in key moments, or lack of quality. 

Todays the kind of days even good Hearts teams had but because we are on a poor run and lack goals it's not seen as an off day.  I think today proved what a difference it makes having a stronger midfield than of late.

The movement was excellent and we got forward from that area with more punch.

It's not a criticism of the laddie Cochrane because he's a good player and could have a big future, but find someone of stature to play there and we'll be even more of a threat.

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Oh my god its the JKB polis lets all kack our pants then !!

1.as raised by a previous poster obviously he can read as well.

Apology accepted

3.Correct you are not.

4.What has warmth to do with anything.

5.waste of time

6.You obviously prefer to stick pies in any part of your body available, watch them spicy ones might nip a bit.

Your oh so subtle use of green, is noted, you are pretty pathetic but crack on ( probably very appropriate):thumbsup:

Hugs to Farqhar, once he's done with you.xx

Just now, Pie-Heid said:

Hugs to Farqhar, once he's done with you.xx

Kisses from you thats lovely, but not necessary ,I am sure you can find Farquhar in the phone book if you could spell his name right. Heard he loves pies !! 

38 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

The EEN is reporting an issue with the floodlights? Cant say i noticed myself. Game wise better than last week but we are just so pedestrian at times. No urgency and the lack of pace is killing us. Feel for Isma, there is a player in there but he was honking today. How sticking starts before Lafferty is beyond me.

Noticed at half time that the Wheatfield Roseburn floodlight wasn't on.  Was surprised that it didn't really seem to be missed.

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Kisses from you thats lovely, but not necessary ,I am sure you can find Farquhar in the phone book if you could spell his name right. Heard he loves pies !! 

Ha, you fell in to my trap. So you do know him then. Your his wife then now.

Just now, Pie-Heid said:

Just now, Pie-Heid said:

Seriously are you really this immature. Lucky its not a school night so you can stay up and talk to an adult

Away and play with your lego, and build yourself a pie.

Just now, merrymac said:

Seriously are you really this immature. Lucky its not a school night so you can stay up and talk to an adult

Away and play with your lego, and build yourself a pie.

Are you for real? Butt hurt much you bud?

Seymour M Hersh
20 minutes ago, merrymac said:

:thumbsup: Funny you should mention Scott Allan, watched him play a pass last night, that I have'nt seen from us in I do'nt know you long, Oh for big Osman in this team!!

So one pass in 90 minutes makes him a world beater? 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

So one pass in 90 minutes makes him a world beater? 

He only played for 15 minutes.

We need creativity, only saying

Just now, merrymac said:

He only played for 15 minutes.

We need creativity, only saying

They mentioned this on radio Scotland?

6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

0-0 at home to Ross County - ROSS COUNTY !! - and our top striker is stuck on the bench until he is allowed a cameo at the end. 

We we deserve more guts from the management. We may not always win but we sure as hell should be playing on the front foot and forcing the issue the longer the game goes on. 

I seriously wonder how you can post that.

Lafferty has been ill this week and was only just cleared to come in contact with the rest of the team

We were on the front foot for almost the entire game - I'll say it again, 23 shots, 10 on target.  Quite simply put, you can't do that if you're not on the front foot.

Front foot had SFA to do with it; it was lack of composure with some of those chances that was the problem.

7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I seriously wonder how you can post that.

Lafferty has been ill this week and was only just cleared to come in contact with the rest of the team

We were on the front foot for almost the entire game - I'll say it again, 23 shots, 10 on target.  Quite simply put, you can't do that if you're not on the front foot.

Front foot had SFA to do with it; it was lack of composure with some of those chances that was the problem.

Simple question: why was Lafferty on the bench? If we had just come out and said he was unfit to play them nobody would question it. 

Anyway, If we’re dominating a game but struggling to make the breakthrough, then we put our best striker on to really turn the screw. That’s what the bigger teams do to turn one point into three. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Simple question: why was Lafferty on the bench? If we had just come out and said he was unfit to play them nobody would question it. 

Anyway, If we’re dominating a game but struggling to make the breakthrough, then we put our best striker on to really turn the screw. That’s what the bigger teams do to turn one point into three. 

levein said lafferty had been ill all week and although lafferty felt a bit better and was on the bench he hoped that we didn't need to use him 

that sounds like he wasn't really fit and was only there as a bit of an emergency - that's probably why he came on so late

whether he should have been on the bench in the first place is debatable - sounded like a less important player would have been deemed unfit and left out the squad

so it sounds like he did say it and you either missed it or interpretated it differently

lots of other things to be genuinely moaning about

I thought we played really well yesterday, apart from the first five minutes that they got in behind us and hit the post, we controlled the rest of the game. If we'd  finished better and got a bit of luck with shots from outside the box, it could have easily been a 4 or 5 nil. I was impressed with the movement of the players out of possession, one of Isma or Walker would be dropping into a space so the defenders had an option to play the ball short and direct into the final third instead of a high ball to no-one. If that option was shut down, we played the ball wide and ran at their full backs, having that bit of movement meant there was always a route forward into the final third. The passing was slick, there looked like there was urgency in the build-up play, if we play like that for the rest of the season, we'll be pushing for Europe. Finishing cost us 2 points yesterday but there was plenty to be pleased about.

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

levein said lafferty had been ill all week and although lafferty felt a bit better and was on the bench he hoped that we didn't need to use him 

that sounds like he wasn't really fit and was only there as a bit of an emergency - that's probably why he came on so late

whether he should have been on the bench in the first place is debatable - sounded like a less important player would have been deemed unfit and left out the squad

so it sounds like he did say it and you either missed it or interpretated it differently

lots of other things to be genuinely moaning about

Fair enough, I always get frustrated if a guy is unfit to play but takes up a spot on the bench. 

jambos are go!

How Bauben does not play every week is beyond me. Class player wh played seversl great passes. One down the right wastruly exceptional.

The Apprentice
10 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

How Bauben does not play every week is beyond me. Class player wh played seversl great passes. One down the right wastruly exceptional.

Buaben was fine yesterday at CB as Ross County were not interested in attacking so he had little to do defensively. His distribution was good but again because there was very little pressure on him when in possession. He doesn’t get that time in midfield and would struggle against a more attack minded team when playing CB.

In Directors’ Box:

Michael O’Neill sat next to Stephen Frail - 4 rows behind Ann Budge.

Behind them, Darren Jackson sat next to Gary Locke and Kevin Kyle.

Also in attendance, Neil McCann and his assistant (who was also back again after Partick)

So many empty seats, lot less than last week.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 17:13, Hendricks said:

Utter dross. Clearly the worst Hearts team since 1981.

And another one.

Archived