Welcome Back!

redm

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not keen on the 'posted so many mins/hours' ago

For live match threads it was better to see the time posted to get a rough idea of what time during the match it was. Saying everyone posted 2 hours ago takes all that context away when skimming through the thread later on.

Just out of interest, the Member Statistics on the front page say the following. Where does the second figure come from? By the description, I thought it would show the maximum number of members using the forum at any one time, but obviously not.

• Total Members
  • Most Online

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

p055.jpg

I'm still practising and this guy was a wee favourite of mine.

Speaking of whicht030.jpg

Son Of Anarchy
4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

How do you now join the thread where you left it instead of going back to the start all the time?

Press the star at left side of thread title instead of title itself Jammy.

18 minutes ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

Cheers mate - was driving me ****ing nuts 

On 10/10/2017 at 00:05, Drewboy said:

Getting this error in Tapatalk!

B829349D-64DF-4B2E-A09A-4EAF78F16976.pngEdit: Just seen your update!

I'm getting this error on Tapatalk also.

what was the update?

8 hours ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

That pic deserves its own caption contest.

"Shut it Paolo, I'll **** you up"

Not funny, true

11 hours ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

Since we have a nice new shiny forum how about a nice new shiny "no warning points carried over" to celebrate???? :P

I can see my warning points history back to 2012.  

9 hours ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

Thank you. This was driving me mad too. Maybe we need a kickback for dummies user guide. It'd definitely help me. 

Son Of Anarchy
39 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I can see my warning points history back to 2012.  

Likewise and there's a few. New forum new start. I'll hire the plane you get the banner.

Son Of Anarchy
38 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

Thank you. This was driving me mad too. Maybe we need a kickback for dummies user guide. It'd definitely help me. 

I just sat for an hour pressing everything I didn't recognise :)

10 hours ago, kila said:

Not keen on the 'posted so many mins/hours' ago

For live match threads it was better to see the time posted to get a rough idea of what time during the match it was. Saying everyone posted 2 hours ago takes all that context away when skimming through the thread later on.

Yip agree mate

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
10 hours ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

Superb, works a treat. Also, the crappy ads have forced me to use a new browser, and it's better than Chrome, so all is excellent. 

Rudolf's Mate

I'm giving up as it's driving me round the ****ing bend now. All iPhone's in this house can't log into JKB using Safari, Chrome or Firefox. Deleted saved data etc however bizarrely I can log in on iPad via Safari :wtf: 

N Lincs Jambo
16 minutes ago, redm said:

Your iPhone will not defeat us RM. Anyone else having difficulties using same user details on different devices? 

Can log in using Safari on iPhone 6 but not using Tapatalk. I'm getting a Login Failed message. Log in details the same on both.

Yep that makes sense, Tapatalk isn’t currently part of the new set-up. We won’t be looking at it for at least a week or two I’m afraid. There’s still a lot to do behind the scenes first.

The Future's Maroon
12 hours ago, redjambo said:

Just out of interest, the Member Statistics on the front page say the following. Where does the second figure come from? By the description, I thought it would show the maximum number of members using the forum at any one time, but obviously not.

• Total Members
  • Most Online

Forums get a lot of traffic, not only from members, trolls, hibs/other fans or genuine guests....but one of the worst is 'bots' (not real people) and you can get thousands of them on forums at any one time..

1 hour ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

I'm giving up as it's driving me round the ****ing bend now. All iPhone's in this house can't log into JKB using Safari, Chrome or Firefox. Deleted saved data etc however bizarrely I can log in on iPad via Safari :wtf: 

Are any of your devices needing updated? That might have something to do with it? I use iPhone/iPad when on here but always through Chrome as hate Safari and not had any issues myself.

This may also be a silly suggestion, but you are trying to log in using your 'display name' which may be different from your username....I have read a couple others got caught out by that.

Think I'm used to it now.

It would be nice if the text boxes were #F5F5F5 coloured (the same grey as the outside edge of the screen) instead of the ultra day gloss white, but I can live with it.

Good work, and well done to everyone involved in the upgrade.

New stand, new forum.  Seems apt :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

What do the dots under our names / tagline on the left hand side of our posts represent?

7 means you're a PHM :jjyay:

Rudolf's Mate
1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Forums get a lot of traffic, not only from members, trolls, hibs/other fans or genuine guests....but one of the worst is 'bots' (not real people) and you can get thousands of them on forums at any one time..

Are any of your devices needing updated? That might have something to do with it? I use iPhone/iPad when on here but always through Chrome as hate Safari and not had any issues myself.

This may also be a silly suggestion, but you are trying to log in using your 'display name' which may be different from your username....I have read a couple others got caught out by that.

Yeah I used to sign in with my username and it was that I originally tried and failed with. It tells me 'the display name you entered does not belong to any  account'. I then tried the actual display name which states the exact same thing however laptop and iPad lets me login with the display name. If it was just my iPhone I would kinda accept however I tried the Mrs iPhone and she has the same issue :lol:

The Future's Maroon
28 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

test

Lol, I have been like that, can't get the spoiler thing to work, don't understand the search function on smiley things or how to post a gif.

Getting old is my excuse!

Fxxx the SPFL
42 minutes ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

Yeah I used to sign in with my username and it was that I originally tried and failed with. It tells me 'the display name you entered does not belong to any  account'. I then tried the actual display name which states the exact same thing however laptop and iPad lets me login with the display name. If it was just my iPhone I would kinda accept however I tried the Mrs iPhone and she has the same issue :lol:

Hooooooooooooooooooooray i'm back have been trying to log in since Tuesday many thanks admin. it was all my fault couldn't remember how i had entered my display name.

3 hours ago, robbo1874 said:

Bring back the reputation button!

I think it would add something to the board

Bridge of Djoum
17 hours ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

Since we have a nice new shiny forum how about a nice new shiny "no warning points carried over" to celebrate???? :P

I'm a point away from 3 years in Saughton. An amnesty would be nice!

2 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. Interesting, although I have to say in that case that the figure is pretty meaningless.

8 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

I'm a point away from 3 years in Saughton. An amnesty would be nice!

:lol:

2 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Great! Now I know how to post pics.

Not one of the most useful talents needed to survive your imminent stay in Saughton.

9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. Interesting, although I have to say in that case that the figure is pretty meaningless.

There is a story to that stat, I just can't remember what it is at the moment. My brain is mush. 

Archived