PCP finance experiences

IronJambo

I'm changing cars in September and not sure if I should lease or just buy on PCP.

I've done PCP in the past but never seen it through to the end. You have the final payment of ?x, which is the gmfv. For those of you that've been through it have you found there's a decent deposit left in the car at the end or has it been a case of it being worth nothing to you?

If I lease I'll be paying around a ?1k deposit but would be putting ?5k down to buy to keep the finance payments the same level. Unless it looks like I'll still have that ?5k (ideally more) left in the car then I can't really see sense in buying.

Any expert opinions?

Love PCP

never see it to the end though, always get a new car- mainly because I always vastly exceed the mileage allowance and if you take another deal they just scratch it.........

I always minimise deposit

kingantti1874

I bought my a6 for ?14500 at the end of the PCP, kept it for another 18 months and sold it for ?16000.. shows where the value is for the dealer

Got a PCP car at the moment. ?200 a month and ?200 deposit with free services over 3 years. Can't really go wrong with that.

Jambof3tornado

You tend to find when trading in your pcp that there's enough deposit to make your payments just slightly higher on the new car!!

Got a PCP car at the moment. ?200 a month and ?200 deposit with free services over 3 years. Can't really go wrong with that.

What kind of car if you don't mind me asking. Thinking of doing something like this and that price is my budget. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You tend to find when trading in your pcp that there's enough deposit to make your payments just slightly higher on the new car!!

Hahahaha with that in mind I might just be sticking with a personal lease!

What kind of car if you don't mind me asking. Thinking of doing something like this and that price is my budget. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Top of the range SEAT Toledo (the bigger version of a Leon with a bigger boot for the bairn). On 0% finance PCP aswell.

Skoda are also (or were) doing 0% finance PCP so you could get a nice Octavia, Yeti or Fabia.

Dean Winchester

Got a Fiesta and Polo both on 2nd terms.

Polo went down a fair bit between the 1st and the 2nd term. Fiesta ended up going up. This was both using the equity left over as the "deposit" on the new deal.

What kind of values are we talking for leasing as I was considering seeing out the Fiesta PCP and going for a lease instead. Currently paying about ?210 a month but wouldn't mind paying more if it meant a decent jump in size/model.

Got a Fiesta and Polo both on 2nd terms.

Polo went down a fair bit between the 1st and the 2nd term. Fiesta ended up going up. This was both using the equity left over as the "deposit" on the new deal.

What kind of values are we talking for leasing as I was considering seeing out the Fiesta PCP and going for a lease instead. Currently paying about ?210 a month but wouldn't mind paying more if it meant a decent jump in size/model.

I've been quoted just under ?300pm for a Skoda Kodiaq S EL, 1.4 150ps petrol DSG auto. Has loads of kit on it and is a bit of a beast. Pretty much a ?30k car.

Archived