Nicholson

RenfrewHearts

RenfrewHearts

ffs he refused to sign just like CP . There's more chance of him being tied up in Daniel street brothel .

He wasn't saying that before the injury. Do you know what's changed or are you guessing?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seymour M Hersh

ffs  he refused to sign just like CP . There's more chance of him being tied up in Daniel street brothel .

He's leaving tonight on a plane.

cardboardcutout

There's not a player in any of our squads that cathro/McPhee/levein will not have an opinion on already! Nicholson will have been contacted by numerous suitors and all he has to do is sign for a couple of years with us and move next summer! The fact that he hasn't suggests he won't and will move, money talks bullshit hobbles ask Paterson !

maroonnicky63

There's not a player in any of our squads that cathro/McPhee/levein will not have an opinion on already! Nicholson will have been contacted by numerous suitors and all he has to do is sign for a couple of years with us and move next summer! The fact that he hasn't suggests he won't and will move, money talks bullshit hobbles ask Paterson !

you just don't get it do you , as you say bullshit but it's from your end.Someone put on here a while ago and it is spot on the young guys who come through the academy are paid way less than what some would call the more experienced players and thats the way it is. I said on here ages ago when Paterson went to discuss his contract the offer was way short on what some of the other players were on and when you see what Paterson gives in a game , believe it or not its just the way the club sees it for some reason, that's why you wont get any of the young ones who make the first team and shine will not be signing an extension unless things change but I know some will come on here and say what you said '' bullshit'' ok then

maroonnicky63

ffs  he refused to sign just like CP . There's more chance of him being tied up in Daniel street brothel .

where's daneil street??

Bazzas right boot

Very unlikely I would say

I remember levein saying that Sam was the best young talent he has seen

Aye, since the century 2000 days.

you just don't get it do you , as you say bullshit but it's from your end.Someone put on here a while ago and it is spot on the young guys who come through the academy are paid way less than what some would call the more experienced players and thats the way it is. I said on here ages ago when Paterson went to discuss his contract the offer was way short on what some of the other players were on and when you see what Paterson gives in a game , believe it or not its just the way the club sees it for some reason, that's why you wont get any of the young ones who make the first team and shine will not be signing an extension unless things change but I know some will come on here and say what you said '' bullshit'' ok then

If what you say is true it appears contrary to the model Ann Budge talks about

There's quite a few things that don't always add up to what they have said , but cast your memory back to what they offered Holt  IT looks like They have done much of the same with CP and SN and I think this why they will not sign it's not coincidence surely knowing full well that a few others are on plenty more .

There's quite a few things that don't always add up to what they have said , but cast your memory back to what they offered Holt IT looks like They have done much of the same with CP and SN and I think this why they will not sign it's not coincidence surely knowing full well that a few others are on plenty more .

Emerging from the Academy to become a first team regular doesn't mean you become one if highest earners by default though.

It's a worry though as we appear unlikely to max value on Paterson and Nicholson whilst at the same time we've got problems with Oshinawa and Sammon on contracts that will cost us to break.

maroonnicky63

yes I can see why you think that but you just need to look at what is going on when our young players refuse to sign contracts , it's not just Paterson and Nicholson you can go back to Jason Holt ( like him or not) and as far as I am lead to believe Walker only signed because he was injured at the time and IMO the only young player who will sign an extension any time soon is Liam Smith as he is still on a youth contract.All we do is get experienced players in and becuase we pay nothing for them we pay them way more than our own home grown talent 

Madness for me but perhaps there is a reason for it that we don't know about

Emerging from the Academy to become a first team regular doesn't mean you become one if highest earners by default though.

It's a worry though as we appear unlikely to max value on Paterson and Nicholson whilst at the same time we've got problems with Oshinawa and Sammon on contracts that will cost us to break.

I get what your saying and it is a worry , however it really get's to me that going on what was happening before both CP and SM got injured that both looked like going down the same route as Holt and that to me is saying something is not quite right , OK people can have there own opinions but given that Holty and SN are known Jambos and been in the academy for years I really don't see why they would want Hearts to get very little for them , I mean lets be honest and a know there's a few on here did not rate Holt and still don't but to only get 65k for him is just ludicrous , it makes you wonder were they going to let SN go for similar as they don't want to stand in a players way .  Osh and Sammon a would rather just not go there .

RenfrewHearts

Offering Paterson and Nicholson considerably less than dross like Oshaniwa and Sammon is horrendous. We need a total review of our wage structure if our highest earners are our worst players. Obviously this is all speculation but it seems to be common knowledge that Sammon and Osh are high earners.

I get what your saying and it is a worry , however it really get's to me that going on what was happening before both CP and SM got injured that both looked like going down the same route as Holt and that to me is saying something is not quite right , OK people can have there own opinions but given that Holty and SN are known Jambos and been in the academy for years I really don't see why they would want Hearts to get very little for them , I mean lets be honest and a know there's a few on here did not rate Holt and still don't but to only get 65k for him is just ludicrous , it makes you wonder were they going to let SN go for similar as they don't want to stand in a players way .  Osh and Sammon a would rather just not go there .

Holt again!! For what it's worth I was a Holt fan but his position was nothing like Paterson's as he was told there would be no guaranteed starting place while Paterson has had one, is a full International and declined a new contract. The club also declined a smaller bid than their value that they recently placed at around 1 million to get him in January. Now who knows. I hope sam stays. I even named my wee dog after him but I would say he has achieved less than I thought he would by the time he got injured. I would be very surprised if the club did not try to keep him.

Osh and Sammon wise I think most people on here agree with you.

Holt again!! For what it's worth I was a Holt fan but his position was nothing like Paterson's as he was told there would be no guaranteed starting place while Paterson has had one, is a full International and declined a new contract. The club also declined a smaller bid than their value that they recently placed at around 1 million to get him in January. Now who knows. I hope sam stays. I even named my wee dog after him but I would say he has achieved less than I thought he would by the time he got injured. I would be very surprised if the club did not try to keep him.

Osh and Sammon wise I think most people on here agree with you.

It's one thing saying Patterson is going for no less than 1 mill but if that is what they value him at a think it's pretty obvious in what they offered him it was no where near to what it should of been bearing in mind they have put a valuation on him of 1million and that is why he has rejected all offers so far knowing he can get far more else where  , I  think much of the same has happened with Sam which happened with Holt , At the end of the day they will not keep signing new contracts knowing full well that plenty others are getting far more ,   I hope Sam stays as well I hope Patterson stays but in my opinion there is something just not quite right . it's only my opinion but I don't think it is coincidence they are refusing to sign new contracts .

A lot of speculation on here, as usual turned by some into a bitch at Hearts/Levein/Budge, that we're not paying certain players enough and paying too much to others. Does anyone know the specifics of the wage bill and exactly how much each player is on? Doubt it. No matter how well we're being run we're not going to match the wages available in England or with the OF. I'd love to keep our best players but the club comes first, they have a policy and limit on wages so we don't end up back where we've just dragged ourselves from, we can do without half baked arguments about xyz getting huge amounts and so and so getting buttons when no-one really knows.

When is the next meeting of the Jason Holt fan club and will there be signed pictures available?

TB will pm you with the details :2thumbsup:

If he signs for a couple of years with us, he's only going to be able to move next summer if a club is willing to pay whatever transfer fee we decide we're after at that time. So he may not be able to move at all, and if he is, the choice of clubs he'd be able to move to would probably be greatly restricted. In addition to that, he'd probably get poorer personal terms. If he moves on a free, he can sign for any club that's willing to pay the relevant development fee and that he can agree personal terms with.

So obviously, if he fancies a change of scenery next summer, he'd be far better off not signing a new deal with us.

Should have been TBS! Apologies to Tom Brown, Tim Bresnan etc

sarcasm don't be silly it does not suit you or others .

maroonnicky63

A lot of speculation on here, as usual turned by some into a bitch at Hearts/Levein/Budge, that we're not paying certain players enough and paying too much to others. Does anyone know the specifics of the wage bill and exactly how much each player is on? Doubt it. No matter how well we're being run we're not going to match the wages available in England or with the OF. I'd love to keep our best players but the club comes first, they have a policy and limit on wages so we don't end up back where we've just dragged ourselves from, we can do without half baked arguments about xyz getting huge amounts and so and so getting buttons when no-one really knows.

So why would you think our young players are not signing contracts, we are losing out on this big time . We are bringing players through the academy and they are going to other teams for tuppence, this has been mentioned before and it needs to get sorted

sarcasm don't be silly it does not suit you or others .

I thought it was accurate and funny. Maybe lighten up a bit. :thumbsup:

So why would you think our young players are not signing contracts, we are losing out on this big time . We are bringing players through the academy and they are going to other teams for tuppence, this has been mentioned before and it needs to get sorted

Sorted by what means? Pay the same as clubs in England or try to match the gruesome twosome? We can't afford that, we tried that before and you know how it ended. As for the 'young' players we've lost out on are there any who've moved to clubs we can compete with financially? I can only think of two who've left and are regularly playing at the same level or above (I'm sure I'll be corrected by somebody), Adam King moved south and is on money we can't get close to and Jason Holt (featured in only a third of games this season), again earning more at Ibrox than we would be able or willing to pay him. Getting big transfer fees for our guys only come around once in a blue moon, Craig Gordon's fee was exceptional, if the players are moving to clubs below us then we'll not get a big fee for them.

My wife (ST holder) knows a couple of Sams good friends.

Seemingly happy to tell anyone who listens that he is off.

Good. Someone else will need to watching his bobbing around style. Presumably Ibrox in the summer

He'll be no loss whatsoever. But it highlights an issue regarding realisable value

Will he change his mind do you think?

Konrad von Carstein

So, this Koffee Pot pish....people are making this a thing? 

:cornette:

profound apologies for the use of the worst emoji on here...some mugs would not be able to post without it...good reason for the mods to cut it loose.

Shame.

Good. Someone else will need to watching his bobbing around style. Presumably Ibrox in the summer

He'll be no loss whatsoever. But it highlights an issue regarding realisable value

Absolutely no chance.

Will he change his mind do you think?

From what I hear absolutely not.

I would like Sam to stay another season and see if he can fulfill his undoubted potential but his lack of consistency lets him down

I thought it was accurate and funny. Maybe lighten up a bit. :thumbsup:

Ta! Folk having a wee rib at tbs for his Holt man-love seemed ok to me but each to their own :mickey:

From what I hear absolutely not.

I would like Sam to stay another season and see if he can fulfill his undoubted potential but his lack of consistency lets him down

Fair enough

Yeah I'd like him to stay too!

Did he give a reason why he wants to leave and/or where he wants to go?

loveofthegame

Very disappointing, I rate Sam a lot higher than many seem to on here. A player with a bit of "x factor". Really hope Cathro manages to change his mind.

Fair enough

Yeah I'd like him to stay too!

Did he give a reason why he wants to leave and/or where he wants to go?

He doesn't want to leave but the money being offered 'dan saff' is far too much to ignore.  He met his next team in a Newcastle hotel in December then took a trip down to their facilities.  There's no doubt he's gutted to leave, he has a really good base up here and will be leaving loads of friends and family, BUT that's the life of a footballer.  He'll be giving his all for the club he's supported all his life, and the fickle Hearts fans need to show him some support in his final run of matches.  He doesn't want to go but knows if he's to move up the football ladder then he needs to go while a good offer is there at the right time for him.

He doesn't want to leave but the money being offered 'dan saff' is far too much to ignore. He met his next team in a Newcastle hotel in December then took a trip down to their facilities. There's no doubt he's gutted to leave, he has a really good base up here and will be leaving loads of friends and family, BUT that's the life of a footballer. He'll be giving his all for the club he's supported all his life, and the fickle Hearts fans need to show him some support in his final run of matches. He doesn't want to go but knows if he's to move up the football ladder then he needs to go while a good offer is there at the right time for him.

If that's true then I hope he goes this month and we get a bit of cash for him.

RenfrewHearts

He doesn't want to leave but the money being offered 'dan saff' is far too much to ignore. He met his next team in a Newcastle hotel in December then took a trip down to their facilities. There's no doubt he's gutted to leave, he has a really good base up here and will be leaving loads of friends and family, BUT that's the life of a footballer. He'll be giving his all for the club he's supported all his life, and the fickle Hearts fans need to show him some support in his final run of matches. He doesn't want to go but knows if he's to move up the football ladder then he needs to go while a good offer is there at the right time for him.

Sad to hear that but it makes sense. Seems like a great young lad and I look forward to seeing him back in the team before he goes. Just a shame we never got a full season of Sam at his best. Cracking player and has all the attributes to be a success down south if he believes in himself.

Maiden Gorgie

He doesn't want to leave but the money being offered 'dan saff' is far too much to ignore.  He met his next team in a Newcastle hotel in December then took a trip down to their facilities.  There's no doubt he's gutted to leave, he has a really good base up here and will be leaving loads of friends and family, BUT that's the life of a footballer.  He'll be giving his all for the club he's supported all his life, and the fickle Hearts fans need to show him some support in his final run of matches.  He doesn't want to go but knows if he's to move up the football ladder then he needs to go while a good offer is there at the right time for him.

Thing is, he isn't even a consistent performer at Hearts. I think he is a good player but nowhere near where he could be. Could be moving too early IMO. Then again, I obviously don't know what is happening behind the scenes at Tynecastle. He has been here for years and maybe thinks it is time to move on.

I would be disappointed to see him go but would wish him all the best.

Some people dont seem to understand modern football, tbh. Just because our club announce a "plan" doesnt mean that our young players are going to act any differently to pretty much every other player for every other club.

It does seem to have become a bit of a pattern that once an academy player establishes themselves in our first team, they then want away at the earliest opportunity. Hopefully it's simply that they can earn more money elsewhere (and we have to live within our means) but you do worry slightly that there may be something wrong with the way we manage them. Paterson couldn't wait to leave, seemingly, and it seems Nicholson may be the same.

It does seem to have become a bit of a pattern that once an academy player establishes themselves in our first team, they then want away at the earliest opportunity. Hopefully it's simply that they can earn more money elsewhere (and we have to live within our means) but you do worry slightly that there may be something wrong with the way we manage them. Paterson couldn't wait to leave, seemingly, and it seems Nicholson may be the same.

Pure and simple MONEY. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever, just the world we live in today. When Hearts become more secure I'm sure we will be able to offer our young stars improved contracts at earlier stages and then realise good returns for our investment.

If his contract runs down to the summer and leaves for free are we entitled to a development fee?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

loveofthegame

If his contract runs down to the summer and leaves for free are we entitled to a development fee?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I guess so but won't be much. CP is a full international with far more appearances and is only rated at ?300-400k for development fee. Assuming Sam would be considerably less.

Sounds like he has a Ryan Fraser style deal lined up.

Archived