Derby going to be a problem ?

davieholt

Who could fail to have been impressed by Johnsen, Djoum, Walker, Souttar, last night?

But I suppose that is our business model.

If bigger teams want our players we are relatively powerless to stop that happening.

We'd be better joining a British league. Edinburgh is a world-class city but can't compete financially with the Rotherhams, MK Dons or Wigans. Funny old world.

Looking at the Derby forums, they seem to want a RB and ST in particular, which would suggest Paterson and Johnsen are the main targets.

Can't imagine Johnsen going too soon but would expect them to chuck in a bid for Paterson as should other teams in January.

Thought Police

Not under pressure to sell any of them except Paterson. Most on deals for the next couple of years. Souttar for example will only rise in value.

I knew before game they were looking at Paterson but looks like a few interesting them.

Pretty unprofessional of Maclaren speaking about other teams players TBH.

OK

?600K for Paterson

?5Million for Johnsen

?4Million for Walker 

?4 Million for Soutter

?13.6m will do nicely. Bye lads.

Think we need to calm the beans here - we do not need to sell anybody!

Bearing in mind that we guaranteed a development fee of ?450k for Paterson, I think it will take a bid well over ?1m for us to sell him.  

Another Club will also have to part with serious cash if they want Walker, Djoume and Johnsen.

OK

?600K for Paterson

?5Million for Johnsen

?4Million for Walker 

?4 Million for Soutter

Mate we are guaranteed ?450k if we keep him until the end of the season - try ?1.6m

OK

?600K for Paterson

?5Million for Johnsen

?4Million for Walker 

?4 Million for Soutter

Only in your dreams...(mine too btw)

Could see us getting ?600k for CP but the others are only ?1-2 million at best 

Felt Souttar didnt have much to do defensively last night but his distribution was poor, I am guessing they'll watch more than last night however.

Losing Walker would be a real blow, when he is at his best players of that ability are hard to come by without spending a fair bit. I have previously heard that his knee is goosed to the extent he would struggle to pass a medical but don't know if true. We do seem to struggle to get a run of games out of him

They better be prepared to pay some hard,hard cash then.They can [Mod Edit] off if they think they can run around like wee kids at a pick your own.Even the attitude,rhyming off the players names and unsettling them in the process.Lack of respect imo.Johnson is just through the door aswell.Tapping up players in plain sight.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Sell them all at top dollar pay off the new stand, invest in the academy and build a new team

The new head coach will probably want to bring in a few of his new ideas anyway

Every player has their price and thankfully we do not need to sell.

So come up with the gelt or bolt ya slavering erse, McLaren.

We may not have to sell but the players themselves may want to leave and we probably won't stand in their way. Also we have a stand to pay for.

Only if we continue with the Scottish Football small time mentality.

In England these players would fetch double the price you quote, so the bidding can start as high as that please.

A bidding war would be nice so we could do with more than one team wanting to sign him in the January window rather than on a pre-contract. I think we already have that. Could fetch us decent money as with Sow.

Conor sammon swap with Johnny Russell and a million pound please

We can't afford a million pounds.............

So you really think we would punt CP now for an extra ?150k, when we are challenging for 2nd and with the SC to come?? 

No way!

Briankeenan51

Just shows how good our players are that teams in england want them shows how far we have come from couple of years ago but wouldnt sell them unless we get good price and yes im a levein fan

Briankeenan51

And before someone asks why i said im a levein fan is due to that he gets best of players but thats not only my opion is generally a fact and he was best captain i seen for the jts

So one of my mates was talking to a derby ST holder today. He thinks it's Paterson and the figure he is talking about is way over 600k. Could all be bullshit but they do need a right back and might take the view better to secure him now than wait till summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the sort of cash we should get for the four players mention would secure our place and be known as the place to come if you feel that a stepping stone is required in your career. lets hope the director of football has a few more of them lined up. Johnson has just come good and it might not last   -Cash in-. Souttar is great but still learning   -cash in-  Patterson is going anyway   -cash in-    Walker will be the hardest to replace but if players know we're all for enhancing their chances of big pay-days then it's all to the good of Heart of Midlothian  

Mate we are guaranteed ?450k if we keep him until the end of the season - try ?1.6m

OK.

Job Lot.

?18M & we throw in Djoum

The Apprentice

There was reports after the Hamilton game last week saying Derby had people up watching Perry Kitchen. Either that report was wrong or they fancy both Kitchen and Paterson.

Felt Souttar didnt have much to do defensively last night but his distribution was poor, I am guessing they'll watch more than last night however.

Losing Walker would be a real blow, when he is at his best players of that ability are hard to come by without spending a fair bit. I have previously heard that his knee is goosed to the extent he would struggle to pass a medical but don't know if true. We do seem to struggle to get a run of games out of him

You obviously missed his flashy footwork and skinning a few of them whilst running past them like nobody was there? 

Pretty unprofessional if he's named players.

I think he was talking generally. Didnt name any sevco players at all.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Worrying but just the way things are these days. I don't mind losing anyone if the price is right. I have faith CL will find more like them in the future.

Tokyo Drifter

Paterson they're certainly interested in, possibly Walker. But I'd be surprised if they moved for Souttar or Johnsen. More likely Kitchen (and hasn't be been linked with them already?) or Djoum, if he carries on playing like he did last night.

Craig Gordons Gloves

2m for each of them or if he wants all 4 then we should knock off a half mill and get 7.5m in.

On last nights performance I can see them wanting Souttar. Was a class act.

That skill to beat the 3 men when he was out wide as well!

On last nights performance I can see them wanting Souttar. Was a class act.

That skill to beat the 3 men when he was out wide as well!

Looked like a dad joining in with the under 5s.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Don't panic. They will have them watched at Ross County and realise they are shite as preidentified by the Kickback scouting system, usually following an away game

First step in getting our club into the English League system

Sign the rest in the summer then move Derby lock stock and barrel to Edinburgh and off we got to the EPL riches

Paterson is the only one ready to make the step up to a faster more physical level and a move to to the likes of Derby would be a great one for him, setting him up for life. Great hopes for Walker and Souttar in due course and both, if under contract, could be worth significant funds if the timing is right and the buyer interested enough. Too early to tell on Johnsen yet but consistent performances over a sustained period of time along the lines of last night and we ay have a player there. 

Bazzas right boot

Don't panic. They will have them watched at Ross County and realise they are shite as preidentified by the Kickback scouting system, usually following an away game

ha ha, anybody that got beat of hibs as well, shite, don't bother.

Anyway, we need to get some contracts tied up, make  sure we don't lose a whole team in the next 6 months.

The problem with young, improving players is that they will get lots of interest, great if we sell for top dollar, not great if we want to build a team.

Aberdeen have managed to stay 2nd, because they have older players that have already tried their  hand down south, they haven't turned many players over. in 3/4 years.

We have, and if we get good money it's ok as we can re invest, but we must get a spine and be able to add to it, or we won't improve.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

ha ha, anybody that got beat of hibs as well, shite, don't bother.

Anyway, we need to get some contracts tied up, make  sure we don't lose a whole team in the next 6 months.

The problem with young, improving players is that they will get lots of interest, great if we sell for top dollar, not great if we want to build a team.

Aberdeen have managed to stay 2nd, because they have older players that have already tried their  hand down south, they haven't turned many players over. in 3/4 years.

We have, and if we get good money it's ok as we can re invest, but we must get a spine and be able to add to it, or we won't improve.

Tosh :spoton:

Except Aberdeen have had a free ride

Give Derby a bargain on them. ?8m for all four, just because they're a good ol' club out there in a harsh world.

Archived