Derby going to be a problem ?

davieholt

Think we need to calm the beans here - we do not need to sell anybody!

Bearing in mind that we guaranteed a development fee of ?450k for Paterson, I think it will take a bid well over ?1m for us to sell him.

Another Club will also have to part with serious cash if they want Walker, Djoume and Johnsen.

I think the development fee is closer to 350k than 450k.

Pretty unprofessional if he's named players.

Pure fud of a man

Both of you are correct. His interview was totally disrespectful to Hearts and the players. He called them "the Walker boy" and "the Souttar boy" it was cringeworthy. Hardly a vote of confidence for any of our players that he couldn't even bother learning their first names!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew before game they were looking at Paterson but looks like a few interesting them.

Pretty unprofessional of Maclaren speaking about other teams players TBH.

Seems to be a bit careless in what he says

Kind of like the openness but players have contracts with us.

See what happens

Both of you are correct. His interview was totally disrespectful to Hearts and the players. He called them "the Walker boy" and "the Souttar boy" it was cringeworthy. Hardly a vote of confidence for any of our players that he couldn't even bother learning their first names!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is like me going for to a random game and saying that 'Walker' boy was decent.

Give Derby a bargain on them. ?8m for all four, just because they're a good ol' club out there in a harsh world.

We can use the money to offset the losses from being in the Championship if we sell our best players.

What happened to trying to build a decent team. Good players have to be replaced when sold.

PS= I know you were only joking but point still stands.

The upside of him publicly naming Paterson, is it may alert others. Best chance of getting a decent fee is more than two CL bs interested. Wouldn't even consider selling the others at this point. Certainly not more than one of them at the same time. The other theee would all need to be subject to offers that really are impossible to turn down. Again though, not all at the same time, it would wreck our season.

Fxxx the SPFL

We can use the money to offset the losses from being in the Championship if we sell our best players.

What happened to trying to build a decent team. Good players have to be replaced when sold.

that's what worries me look what happened at Dundee united after selling all there good young talent it's twitchy bum time even with Paterson leaving Liam Smith is a solid full back but we'll miss the goals.

Only in your dreams...(mine too btw)

Could see us getting ?600k for CP but the others are only ?1-2 million at best

?1-2m? Considering Joe Gardner is the level you get for ?1.8, going by Wednesday that would put Johnson in the 6-8m bracket

Decline all offers for anyone other than Paterson in this window. I am confident it would take an insane offer for us to sell any of the other three at this stage of the season.

For those who pooh-pooh the director of football role. Imagine Robbie had been our manager and had just left for MK Dons. There would be a feeling of unrest amongst these players and a better chance of losing those which Levein will ensure stay.

Derby County manager Steve McClaren is interested in Souttar, Walker and Johnsen,as well as Paterson.

But not to worry, we'll get bids of at least ?100k as they're on long contracts.

Johnson has just come good and it might not last   -Cash in-.

That's a great attitude. Young player has 2 good games, but chances are it's just a flash in the pan....flog him now!

Souttar is great but still learning   -cash in

Young player is playing really well and still learning, so presumably will get better as he "learns"....flog him quick before he gets any better!

Johnson has just come good and it might not last   -Cash in-. Souttar is great but still learning   -cash in

And McClaren would be stupid enough to announce this to the press.  Or did he?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

And McClaren would be stupid enough to announce this to the press. Or did he?

Yes he did. The guy is a prick

that's what worries me look what happened at Dundee united after selling all there good young talent it's twitchy bum time even with Paterson leaving Liam Smith is a solid full back but we'll miss the goals.

I wouldn't sell CP this window.

If the maximum fee quoted is 600k that means there is a difference of no more than 250k. I believe CP is worth more than that to us for the second part of the season. In fact I live in hope that with a new HC coming in he may be tempted to hang around a little longer. He will get his opportunity in England in any case if he waits a little longer it could be the difference between EPL and lower Championship.

Goes to show we're obviously doing something right in terms of recruitment, not exactly many other players from our league being linked with moves south ! As mentioned above all are on good deals currently with the exception of Callum, any teams looking at our lads can pay up or pish aff

According to the Herald we can expect bids of at least ?100k for each of them.

That would be about right.

If we can get a decent price, would be delighted to get more funding to help build the new stand and get more players in.

Well what happened was Levein and Cathro left.

That was the key thing.

Derby to put in bids of ?150k for each of them.

Levein to laugh at them and tell them "the Walker boy and the Souttar boy" are not for sale.

Son Of Anarchy

BOGOF. Buy our RB get a world cup LB free ;) any offers for anyone else in this window should be met with "sook ma plooms".

According to the Herald we can expect bids of at least ?100k for each of them.

That would be about right.

Yes - we saw your last troll....

Derby to put in bids of ?150k for each of them.

Doing what Rangers did before they died. Peanuts for young talent.

Splash the English cash or **** off Derby, go and look somewhere else for a bargain.

I wouldn't be too worried. If anyone wants any of our best players they won't be sold on the cheap.

Perhaps a bid over ?450k for Paterson might be enough for us to sell considering that may be what we'll get in compo anyway. Anyone else they'll have to get their chequebook out.

Seymour M Hersh

I think Hearts should make an official complaint about McLaren to the FA. To all intents and purposes he has "tapped up" 3 of our players (I'm leaving CP out as it was known it was him McLaren was up watching and he's out of contract at the end of the year) by mentioning the names of the other under contract players (well partially) to the press. The boy McLaren is a ******* eejit and totally unprofessional and clearly holds Scottish football in utter contempt.

If we got 5-6 million from 4-5 players then that takes all the pressure off the stand build and gives us the finance to keep building the playing squad.

Could be short term loss for long term gain.

It is like me going for to a random game and saying that 'Walker' boy was decent.

I would disagree. He's an experienced manager of a large english club. Etiquette on not discussing contracted players still exists and he is probably well aware of it. Could be viewed as an attempt to unsettle them.

Pretty disappointed with Mclaren tbh. Should know better.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It will take the Whole of the Moon to buy him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

McClarens words. Is this not described as "Tapping", pity he didn't tap Tapping

I would disagree. He's an experienced manager of a large english club. Etiquette on not discussing contracted players still exists and he is probably well aware of it. Could be viewed as an attempt to unsettle them.

Pretty disappointed with Mclaren tbh. Should know better.

Sorry. I was referring to how he referred to them.

You are right. He should my be naming names. That's tapping.

IveSeenTheLight

So you really think we would punt CP now for an extra ?150k, when we are challenging for 2nd and with the SC to come?? 

No way!

I thought the cross border rules mean that players can be bought between Scottish and English club paying a fraction of the development fee

I thought the cross border rules mean that players can be bought between Scottish and English club paying a fraction of the development fee

I think you could be right but don't quote me on that.However having Paterson from January to May is worth more to us than ?150k.

If we got 5-6 million from 4-5 players then that takes all the pressure off the stand build and gives us the finance to keep building the playing squad.

Think not,should Johnson alone progress at his current rate he alone will be worth at least as much himself and it will be the really big boys who will be buying.imo

United certainly was a sobering example of what happens when you sell off a team.  That said, the only reason Johnsen and Kitchen kit up at Tynecastle is in the hopes of getting move to some place like Derby.  And if they get it, I guarantee that some other Americans will have Edinburgh a bit more on their radar for potential moves.  If they come knocking, we have to make them pony up, but if they do we have to sell.

Unfortunately of the five names mentioned, Johnsen and Kitchen are the two players we don't have clear replacements for already in the dugout, and United also shows what can happen if you panic-buy in the wake of a big sale.

United certainly was a sobering example of what happens when you sell off a team.  That said, the only reason Johnsen and Kitchen kit up at Tynecastle is in the hopes of getting move to some place like Derby.  And if they get it, I guarantee that some other Americans will have Edinburgh a bit more on their radar for potential moves.  If they come knocking, we have to make them pony up, but if they do we have to sell.

Unfortunately of the five names mentioned, Johnsen and Kitchen are the two players we don't have clear replacements for already in the dugout, and United also shows what can happen if you panic-buy in the wake of a big sale.

I think this is why we still have Buaben. Levein knows that we could lose a player at any time so we need a replacement who can do a job in every position. I actually think Johnsen was meant more to be the replacement for Sammon but we all know how that has worked out.

A very dangerous short term loss.

These losses are history.  We now have no debt and our last set of accounts showed a profit.

Seymour M Hersh

I think this is why we still have Buaben. Levein knows that we could lose a player at any time so we need a replacement who can do a job in every position. I actually think Johnsen was meant more to be the replacement for Sammon but we all know how that has worked out.

I think the only reason Prince is still here is because he could not agree personal terms with Ross County.

if Walker and Johnson keep up there performances of the last 2 games i honestly feel they would be worth quite a bit more , these guys are still young and there is still plenty to come from them , personally i would not sell any of the 4 - 5 unless derby was going to offer silly money . ffs is not bad enough we may lose Patterson for very little . Derby should be told to GTF .

These losses are history. We now have no debt and our last set of accounts showed a profit.

Think he means we'd be relegation fodder again if we sell all those players

We are needing to get the talent on 3-4 year deals if possible. There's that much money in the game down there if they really want a player they'll splash the cash.

Patterson I think will be away in January if anyone 'really' wants him that badly.

It's the out of contract players like Rossi, Muirhead and Nicholson that we need to get tied up asap

Naming these players is very unprofessional of McLaren - especially given his experience in the game. But it's also a very strange thing to do as it might draw the attention of other teams to these players.

Captain Canada

I could see Muirhead following Neilson to MK Dons. He won't command a big fee in January and would probably at least double his wages. I see Rossi as being another that could go with RN.

Archived