Hearts should announce season objectives

Kim490

Is the start of the league campaign pretty soon and it's about time someone from the club gave us a ball park of this seasons expectations. I know clubs are normally pretty coy about this kind of thing, however Hearts supporters contribute massively to our club and with that brings extra responsibility from our club.

There is clearly disharmony at this time amongst the support over the way the footballing side is being managed, so the club could help pull is all together by giving us direction here. Our owner has been public on lots of good stuff, she therfore must not shy away from commenting on what the goals are for the crucial football side.

The 3rd biggest club in the country must have expections of success and failure.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make a rod for their own back? Probably not a good idea. Not sure what purpose doing such a thing would serve in a positive sense.

Dr. Bapswent

Is the start of the league campaign pretty soon and it's about time someone from the club gave us a ball park of this seasons expectations. I know clubs are normally pretty coy about this kind of thing, however Hearts supporters contribute massively to our club and with that brings extra responsibility from our club.

There is clearly disharmony at this time amongst the support over the way the footballing side is being managed, so the club could help pull is all together by giving us direction here. Our owner has been public on lots of good stuff, she therfore must not shy away from commenting on what the goals are for the crucial football side.

The 3rd biggest club in the country must have expections of success and failure.

God no.

Ryan Jarman

'Here fans, have this stick. If we fail to live up to our own proclaimed standard please beat us with it.' 

Not going to happen. 

KineticBeat

'Here fans, have this stick. If we fail to live up to our own proclaimed standard please beat us with it.' 

Not going to happen. 

Jack Kelly's Hands

I would imagine that we want to do pretty similar to last season in the league and go further in both cups. It would be a bit pointless releasing a statement.

gorgieheart

Aye, because all clubs do this dont they  ? 

Yes, we the fans , have put money into the club, will continue to put money into the club...however , was it ever mentioned that for our cash we would get to know everything that's happening/planned, both on and off the pitch  ?

Answer is no !

The money saved the club, continues to stabilise the club... doesnt mean you get a quarterly report im afraid !

Fxxx the SPFL

Aim for twelfth anything better is a bonus, seriously i think the best we will be is third or fourth the ugly sisters are spending far more than us.

Aim for twelfth anything better is a bonus, seriously i think the best we will be is third or fourth the ugly sisters are spending far more than us.

If we finish fourth, then that would be a poor season.

Did Levein not say something along the lines of we will be better this season?

Define better

Therein lies the problem.

There's only one objective in football and that's to win.

What are you expecting from Hearts? A manifesto that'll give you a wet dream?

Jack Kelly's Hands

Nah, finishing in the bottom 6 would be a poor season.

We_are_the_Hearts

Nah, finishing in the bottom 6 would be a poor season.

Unless you are Paul Hartley

Define better

Therein lies the problem.

Better could mean a lot. It could mean higher league position, it could mean a better style of play, or perhaps better cup runs.

Only Craig, Robbie and Ann will probably know what they define as better.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Wipe out Kickback might be a good starting point

Edit: tongue in cheek

We_are_the_Hearts

Hearts to win the Scottish Cup and Robbie to come out the tunnel with a Dheano can sook my banger T-shirt on.

Unless you are Paul Hartley

Yep, apparently finishing bottom six with possibly the best striking partnership in the league is seen as quite an achievement.

Charlie-Brown

Finishing 4th is exactly what we should expect given our statisticsl history in the SPL...anything better is a good season anything worse is a poorer season.

Would finishing 4th or 5th with poor quality of football on show be acceptable if we won a cup?

Buffalo Bill

We finished fourth in 95/96, played some great football and got to the cup final.

We finished 5th in 2011/12 and won the cup.

Two of my favourite seasons, something like that again would be great.

We finished fourth in 95/96, played some great football and got to the cup final.

One of my favourite seasons, something like that again would be great.

The league is significantly weaker now.

A cup final, however, preferably a cup win, would certainly make up for it, but of our cup runs are as poor as they have been in the last few years, then that coupled with our early European exit, would make fourth play disappointing.

Would finishing 4th or 5th with poor quality of football on show be acceptable if we won a cup?

Because the objective is to win things maybe?

My word this actually takes the biscuit this thread......I'd imagine the statement would be win as many games as we can....end of statement.

Because the objective is to win things maybe?

It would be acceptable to me. Was just asking the question though.

It would be acceptable to me. Was just asking the question though.

Ah ok, cool.

Sorry, read a 'How' at the start of your post for some reason!

Charlie-Brown

If 4th is a poor season for Hearts then you either haven't supported Hearts very long or have expectations that often don't match with reality.

A cup final, however, preferably a cup win, would certainly make up for it, but of our cup runs are as poor as they have been in the last few years, then that coupled with our early European exit, would make fourth play disappointing.

We weren't trying to massively overhaul our stadium at the time either though, to be fair man. I'd be a bit meh about finishing fourth, but if we also managed to build that bloody stand and do the Wheatfield work at the same time, I'd not be exactly furious.

alwaysthereinspirit

Hearts goal every season should be to win every game. You don't say that though. This season that would have meant winning the league and three cups.

Stating that prior to the season starting would be suicide. We could finish 2nd and have lost three cup finals and it would have been seen as a lost season. No thanks. We don't need season objectives before a ball is kicked.

FarmerTweedy

FFS. Is there a half price sale on at the stupid ideas shop just now?

tokyowalnut

Where has the over sense of entitlement come from? OK, people put money in through FOH, but it doesn't give us the right demand answers to every single detail of the club.

The payment is optional.

In my lifetime (34) coming 3rd twice in a row, having consistent cup runs and doing well in Europe is pretty rare. Appreciate the standard of Scottish Football is quite low, but look where we are doing our shopping, hardly have superstars and known names flocking to us.

If 4th is a poor season for Hearts then you either haven't supported Hearts very long or have expectations that often don't match with reality.

This.

Fourth is par this year. (The Zombies have bought a few good players and the SFA like them, Aberdeen did better than us last year).

Like everyone Im hoping for better, but I am not expecting it and I won't be outraged to be fourth. That's ridiculous.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I fear the Europe thing is going to be this years Hibs thing. Really what hope did we have of getting past Round 3 in Europe. The Hibs thing I get, because they won it, and we could have won it, but Europe, nah, a waste of time and energy, unless you have a cracking squad i.e 2 players for every position. Our rebuild is nowhere near that yet. We are into year 3 and quite honestly I thought this would be our first year back and not anywhere near as strong as we are.

For me its no worse than 4th but the cup efforts have to be way much better, given the luck of the draw of course. Last year it was criminal to knock Aberdeen out and then lose to Hibs, the Celtic loss was a bit of a non event, a lame exit, though from a technical viewpoint it was quite a high quality game. Celtic did have to produce quality to win the game.

This.

Fourth is par this year. (The Zombies have bought a few good players and the SFA like them, Aberdeen did better than us last year).

Like everyone Im hoping for better, but I am not expecting it and I won't be outraged to be fourth. That's ridiculous.

Aberdeens European results will determine their season if they got as far as the group stage then I'd expect us to finish above them. I'm not entirely sure how strong rangers are I suspect they'll start well but there's some old legs in the that squad and it's a long hard season.

Aberdeens European results will determine their season if they got as far as the group stage then I'd expect us to finish above them. I'm not entirely sure how strong rangers are I suspect they'll start well but there's some old legs in the that squad and it's a long hard season.

I completely agree. Two under par is not impossible by any means. My personal feeling is we might finish ahead of one, but not both, if we play well consistently. Don't know which one.

We could finish anywhere from 2nd to 8th depending on how we play.

3rd or higher would be positive. Below 4th poor to terrible. I'd say fourth is average - not good or bad particularly.

I think we are one signing and a tactical mindset shift away from a good season.

Buffalo Bill

Early cup exits are a huge disappointment, I agree, and we've been honking in the cups since we lost to St Mirren at Hampden in 2013 (shudder).

My hope for this season is a better, more exciting, pressing, ambitious call-it-what-you-will football, something to get us geared up for games. The new forwards we've brought in are an encouraging sign but I still think we need something else in midfield.

The cups will take care of themselves if we have the right attitude.

Howdy Doody Jambo

It's not Football Manager your after

We are not talking about seasons past with different teams/opposition/players, we are talking about this season coming.

We_are_the_Hearts

4th is not a poor season. 4th however is not improvement. If we were 4th there would need to be signs that the team is capable of improving

sairyinthat

Absolutely Great idea let's give everybody a target to beat us to death with,where the hell did that daft idea come from.

Literally nothing to gain from this. Say your objective is to win the league, which it is, and you get ridiculous press and look stupid even if you finish 2nd.

Say top 4 and the fans claim you're unambitious.

We should be aiming to win every game. We won't obviously, and we'll all judge the season on what happens anyway

A totally pointless thread.............but just in case the answer is no.

Hearts should not pander to silly little statements made by fans.

Did we not state our 'season objective' the last two years?

Top two in the Championship in 2014/15

Top six in 2015/16

Archived