***Official Hearts v Partick Thistle Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Looking forward to this one, but nervous as ever. We've got a stronger team than Wednesday, new signings starting to click, playing a bottom six team. I'll take the three points however we can get them, with no injuries or suspensions.

Our form over the last six league games (P is for points). In that time we beat Aberdeen and drew with Hibs in the cup, they beat St Mirren and lost to Dundee United.

Hearts P12 W3 D3 L0 F16 A6 GD10

Partick P8 W2 D2 L2 F4 A5 GD-1

Thought Police

Heard on the radio that they have the best defensive record away from home this season. Let's destroy that stat

Fancy a fairly comfortable victory but not too many goals. Can't see them scoring so I'm going for 2-0. Hopefully we get through the game without picking up anymore injuries or suspensions.

Looking forward to this one, but nervous as ever. We've got a stronger team than Wednesday, new signings starting to click, playing a bottom six team. I'll take the three points however we can get them, with no injuries or suspensions.

Our form over the last six league games (P is for points). In that time we beat Aberdeen and drew with Hibs in the cup, they beat St Mirren and lost to Dundee United.

Hearts P12 W3 D3 L0 F16 A6 GD10

Partick P8 W2 D2 L2 F4 A5 GD-1

Home Win......3 clear goals.

Avoid injuries please!!!

Onwards & upwards

Any win would do for me.

Thistle have conceded remarkably few goals compared to the other clubs outwith the top 3 and, away from home, fewer than anyone. They don't score much though.

Would gladly settle for Hearts 1 Thistle 0, with no fresh injuries/red cards.

A win with no fresh injuries and Dauda and maybe Souttar given more game time for fitness and getting used to the team for tuesday night. 

I'll take on any victory that leaves us with no new injuries/suspensions and a Dauda/Walker with more game time under their belts. 

Looking forward to this. Can see Zanatta, Souttar and Juwon playing the full match.

2-0 Dauda double and a MOM performance from Oshaniwa.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Looking forward to this. Can see Zanatta, Souttar and Juwon playing the full match.

I think we will see a combo of minutes for Walker, Zanatta and Sam. Ditto Dauda, Juanma and Reilly.

Don't want to see Djoum out of the team, but if he needs to sit this one out, prefer he was at full speed for Tuesday. Going for a Hearts win but we may have to be patient.

Partick "park the bus" Thistle.

4 - nil Hearts. Paterson, Juanma & another two from Dauda

Take that to the bank...

Any win would do for me.

Thistle have conceded remarkably few goals compared to the other clubs outwith the top 3 and, away from home, fewer than anyone. They don't score much though.

Would gladly settle for Hearts 1 Thistle 0, with no fresh injuries/red cards.

They lost 2-4 at home to Dundee but apart from that they seem to just lose by the odd goal. Only conceded 28 goals compared to our 24 so not a lot in it on paper.

But then games aren't played on paper.

GorgieRules22

I think we'll win but it will be a tough one in hard conditions again by the looks of it.

I'll go 2-0 Hearts with Juanma getting back in amongst the goals.

Looks very likely that Hibs could have a free weekend with the forecast in Livingston pretty much snow all day tommorow, no chance they'll have undersoil heating turned on.

You know Kickback's suffered a breakdown last night, when today, even i8's predicting a comfortable Hearts victory. ;)

I'll go 2-0 to us.

I'm worried tho as when that happens we lose.  

Would like to see Souttar get another start, Zanatta get a good chunk of the game plus rest Djoum as much as possible. Also hopefully Juanma can get back on the scoresheet. 

2-0. 

chuck berrys hairline

Always seems to be a high scoring games against Thistle at Tynie. 4-2 with goals for Dauda,Juanma,Djoum and Nicholson

Brick Tamland

Think we'll give them a proper shoeing 5-0 and someone will score a hat-trick. I also fancy Livi will beat the shite, thus slashing their false confidence and bravado for next week.

Big day tomorrow - I'm at the Captains Table in the Gorgie Suite with a group of good mates enjoying full matchday hospishedtality for this one.

I fancy us to keep the momentum going and score a good win. The players involved tomorrow will be desperate to stake a claim for a starting slot on Tuesday night.

I really fancy either a 3-0 or a 4-0 win to get the party started.

JamboJohn1874

Should really be a comfortable victory and we have been good against them so far.

4:0

I think it is pretty much a full team to select from, so there should be no excuses this weekend.

Would like to see Zanatta and Souttar get meaningful time on the park and Rossi back to left back again.

highlandjambo3

you we're doing ok up until this bit

highlandjambo3

4 - 0..........tough first goal then a landslide as Pt go down to 10 with a red/penalty to us.......Dauda for 2..............Patterson and Juanma 1 each

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Should really be a comfortable victory and we have been good against them so far.

4:0

I think it is pretty much a full team to select from, so there should be no excuses this weekend.

Would like to see Zanatta and Souttar get meaningful time on the park and Rossi back to left back again.

Third game in 7 days including a derby and a 400 miles round trip.

Perhaps not an excuse but not ideal preparation

3 - 1 Jambos

What did you do that for i8?!

Just get back to predicting a humiliating defeat in the derby replay please!!

Really difficult to predict the team for this game with nearly the whole squad to choose from.

The makeshift defence kept a clean sheet in Dingwall and it will be harsh on any of them to be dropped. 

Augustyn and Rossi could return and Ozturk and Buaben might be fit enough to play or could be rested for Tuesday.

My guess would be:

Alexander

Paterson Augustyn Souttar (or McGhee) Rossi

Cowie Pallardo Djoum Nicholson

Juanma Dauda

Would anyone wrap Paterson in the proverbial cotton wool?

With a defensive nice headache for Robbie, maybe give the big man a rest

GorgieRules22

I think we should start with our strongest team tommorow and hopefully once we have the game won take the likes of Paterson, Djoum or Rossi/Augustyn off.

Hope as well as a win, we put in a really good performance.

Me too.

Get the confidence sky high for the replay.

:fth:

Really difficult to predict the team for this game with nearly the whole squad to choose from.

The makeshift defence kept a clean sheet in Dingwall and it will be harsh on any of them to be dropped. 

Augustyn and Rossi could return and Ozturk and Buaben might be fit enough to play or could be rested for Tuesday.

My guess would be:

Alexander

Paterson Augustyn Souttar (or McGhee) Rossi

Cowie Pallardo Djoum Nicholson

Juanma Dauda

Ozturk is suspended for the replay. If he has a knock I'd be resting him until the Utd game and playing the back 4 who he has in mind for Tuesday to give them game time together.  Paterson Augustyn Souttar Rossi    - my back 4 for Tuesday as well

I would rest Djoum tomorrow and keep him fresh for Fester. I'd also save Bauben if he isn't 100% as I think we need both of them on Tuesday. Start Walker to give him more game time and possibly give Zanatta a start in a home game we should win.

Strongest team possible. We need the points to screw the nut on Aberdeen. When you take the game in hand and the 2 we still need to play against the dons, there's not much in it.

Plus if Aberdeen drop points and we keep up momentum who knows...no fat striker singing yet.

Jambof3tornado

1st goal very important. If we get it we can draw them out. If they somehow get it I can see a frustrating time ahead.

My team in a 2-0 win would be

Alexander

Paterson Augustyn Rossi Juwon

Nicholson Djoum Pallardo Zanatta

Juanma Dauda

Walker off bench

Big game this.....2-0 with the goals coming second half.

A win and 3rd is looking our to throw away and we can keep some pressure on Aberdeen....and dare I say it Celtic.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Bet365 currently has us at 5/6, good chance to recover my losses from last week?

(I never usually bet on Hearts at all but we've had some mental prices this season.)

Have to respect every oponent and the atmosphere will probably lift Partick.

Would settle for 2-0 but hope we can do better.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Don't think the laddie would be happy Clerry. Type that will run through brick walls for you

The People's Chimp

I'd like to see a back four of pap, rossi, ozturk and dr funk, darioland to get a start with walker, rest nicholson for tuesday and play the diving wan-ma up top with dauda. 

Archived