Rangers not happy with Alloa

graygo

I hear that the gers are raging at the wasps for reducing the size of their pitch for the uglies visit on Saturday.

Seem to remember Souness did this for a European tie a few years back.

More karma for the blue arse cheek.

BTW, totally within the rules to do this.

I hear that the gers are raging at the wasps for reducing the size of their pitch for the uglies visit on Saturday.

Seem to remember Souness did this for a European tie a few years back.

More karma for the blue arse cheek.

BTW, totally within the rules to do this.

You're 100% correct Rangers/Souness did do it for a European tie, in fact several iirc.

Hope they get pumped.

You're 100% correct Rangers/Souness did do it for a European tie, in fact several iirc.

Hope they get pumped.

Dynamo Kiev rings a bell.

I think there is a lot of unfair criticism towards their pitch. I train regularly on it and whilst it is not the best surface in the world it is acceptable and certainly shouldn't used as an excuse. The main problem with that ground is the floodlights are very poor and makes it very difficult to see the ball at times.

Jambof3tornado

I think there is a lot of unfair criticism towards their pitch. I train regularly on it and whilst it is not the best surface in the world it is acceptable and certainly shouldn't used as an excuse. The main problem with that ground is the floodlights are very poor and makes it very difficult to see the ball at times.

Its overused and requires replacing.

I P Knightley

Dynamo Kiev rings a bell.

I think you're right. He let the train on it with the side lines as wide as permissible and, once they'd cleared off, got the groundsman out to take a couple of metres off each side. I remember his interview saying they'd done nothing wrong.

:rofl:

Warburton responded: ?The Kiev game was 30 years ago. It?s a completely different era.?

And, on Alloa?s move to make their pitch tighter, the Gers boss added: ?I?m bemused you can change the pitch?s dimension midway through the season. Can you imagine mid-season the goals get five feet wider or four feet higher? I sure I?m not alone in these sentiments.?

Yes you are Mark.

:rofl:  :rofl:

Surely "Super Rangers" can deal with any situation

team bottom of the league

might them with their options / be less one dimensional

Classy thing to say would be -

Alloa are within their rights to do this, it's a difficult place to go, but I'm confident that Rangers have the quality to get a result.

But of course the Sevco persecution complex kicks in...

Captain Price

I seem to recall Rangers doing something similar when they played Dundee United in the cup a year or two ago.

Hope they get pumped.

Different team though :smuggy:

Alloa are within their rights to do this, it's a difficult place to go, but I'm confident that Rangers have the quality to get a result.

I can't believe I'm saying this but they are almost getting as bad as Celtic when it comes to the persecution complex. That takes some doing.

Teams will not down to the OF the way they used to and it's refreshing to see. Hope Alloa beat that bunch of scumbags.

I seem to recall Rangers doing something similar when they played Dundee United in the cup a year or two ago.

Exactly, they did. :lol:

Didn't Rangers do this against Dundee United in the cup a season or two ago?

The club that died did yes,but maybe those who run the new club haven't had time to red up on the rules

So if it was jumpers for goalposts on a public park would this give Alloa an advantage? Ok to sign players you cannot afford but please don't tamper with the white lines.

The club that died did yes,but maybe those who run the new club haven't had time to red up on the rules

I'm positive they done this while they were in the 3rd division. I remember watching the game on TV and the pitch had been severely narrowed.

That's basically what Peter Houston said when Alloa did the same against Falkirk.

PH and his Falkirk side just got on with the job and won the game.

Mind you could see the old markings quite clearly and they had shaved a ?ood bit of the original pitch.

Warburton will never cope being back in the big league.

He bites far too much.

This.

If he's cracking up over Alloa narrowing a pitch slightly he'll have a full on meltdown before an OF game when the horde starts expecting them to win thing again. :laugh:

Well done Alloa.  As it's within the rules it makes sense, for any club, to do whatever they can to get some form of 'advantage'. 

They seem very easily upset.

All this does is highlight their own fragility and self doubt.

Hubz will be delighted to find that unsettling them is so simple.

Seems a fair enough comment drastically moving pitch dimensions, especially for an artificial pitch.

But what if you had a real soggy part on a grass pitch a yard or so wide? Not bring pitch in and postpone the game?

His comments re Scotland being a laughing stock notably on having artificial pitches are more serious.

We are a northern European country with weather challenges; limited TV money: many clubs having to become community clubs due to a relatively small country having 2 'super' clubs dominating resources based on sectarianism and bigotry as well as success.

And even still Rangers needed to cheat the rest of Scottish football, with the support of the football authorities.

There is no doubt what the biggest embarrassment is in Scottish football.

And its not astroturf pitches or making an arse of a cup draw.

They seem very easily upset.

All this does is highlight their own fragility and self doubt.

Hubz will be delighted to find that unsettling them is so simple.

Spot on.

01087e8c73059c807bc4ce6a2548af06.jpg

This is what he's moaning about. [emoji4]

Maybe Glasgow Warriors enquired if they could play a couple of matches there & the groundsman got the "in goal" area on the wrong side of the park

alwaysthereinspirit

Same old Alloa. Always cheating.

I've always has a soft spot for Alloa. Well at least since I opened this thread.

BRAVEHEART1874

An Englishman in the game 5 mins in Scotland telling us what the rules should be next he will be wanting a British league ;)

i wish jj was my dad

Like almost everyone who becomes manager of Rangers or Celtic, Warburton is turning into a bit of a prick.

FTFY

Not only did Rangers do this against the Arabs, they did it in a cup match where Ibrox was supposed to be acting as a neutral venue.  Hampden was being readied for the Commonwealth Games, and Celtic Park was already set to hold the final.  They actually had the gall to alter their pitch to their own needs when it wasn't even a home match.

Their hypocrisy really seems to know no bounds.

I P Knightley

I've always has a soft spot for Alloa. Well at least since I opened this thread.

I've had a soft spot for them since they made life difficult for Ally McCoist's team in blue last season. What a club! If I were to have a second club, I think it would be Alloa. Apart from the bit about wasps; hate wasps.

I've had a soft spot for them since they made life difficult for Ally McCoist's team in blue last season. What a club! If I were to have a second club, I think it would be Alloa. Apart from the bit about wasps; hate wasps.

great moment last season when we were arriving at Falkirk for tv game to find Rangers had dropped points v Alloa

great moment last season when we were arriving at Falkirk for tv game to find Rangers had dropped points v Alloa

The media thought that was the big chance for Rangers to put some pressure on, cutting us lead to 1. Instead we moved 6 clear, then 9 the week later.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

They must be seething every time they have to play on our small pitch at Tynecastle.

Don't you mean both times?

:)

Archived