Aberdeen v Kairat Almaty

Watt-Zeefuik

Due to a lack of live TV coverage in the UK this tie has sold out and well done to the Aberdeen fans for doing so.

Their opponents have had a nightmare trip to reach Scotland with travel delays and two changes of plane as they did not come by private plane but on scheduled flights.

PresidentGrant

Extremely poor that this isn't on TV. Massive game for Aberdeen being shunned in favour of Southampton who are essentially already through and West Ham who are showing the typical English contempt for the competition by not taking any first teamers to Romania.

Not that I have ever looked at a sheep and felt a tingle but I am definitely wishing Aberdeen the best tonight and hope they progress.

juanjojambo

Would be good for Scottish football if Aberdeen get through tonight. We need to get our co efficienty up and fast .

juanjojambo

Would be good for Scottish football if Aberdeen get through tonight. We need to get our co efficienty up and fast .

loveofthegame

Think you can watch it on ATV for ?5.99 if you're really keen on watching it.

Never desperate enough to pay the Sheep ?6.

Watt-Zeefuik

Yes, and the more from teams not from Glasgow, the better.

I would like to see them doing well. Also the longer they are in Europe the bigger strain on their squad

Seymour M Hersh

Extremely poor that this isn't on TV. Massive game for Aberdeen being shunned in favour of Southampton who are essentially already through and West Ham who are showing the typical English contempt for the competition by not taking any first teamers to Romania.

To be fair to WHU the league starts this weekend. They shouldn't even be in the competition imo. In via "FairPlay" ffs.

Seymour M Hersh

Mixed feelings tbh. Part of me wants them humped as I don't like them but then if they're in the league sections it'll definitely effect their premiership form.

Only away ties are shown at this stage of European ties. Aberdeen were on tv last week when west ham and Southampton were not. It's nothing against Aberdeen or Scottish football. Even the home Celtic games wasnt on tv ffs.

Felix Lighter

Chic Young interviewing the Kairat Almaty press officer.

Says to the guy, 'We've decided to conduct the interview in English because your English is better than my...er,the language that you speak'.

Fud.

Quite happy to cheer Aberdeen on tonight. Kairat's travel nightmare induced me to put an impulsive Aberdeen -1 bet on to make my radio listening interesting...

Watt-Zeefuik

Aberdeen starting Flood and Rooney on the bench.  I must know even less about their side than I thought.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

How ironic if the Sheep get the coefficient for us to come back and displace them, would find that enjoyable

Not often I'd say this but a bit jealous of the Sheep tonight tbh. Cant wait until we have a full house and European night again at Tynecastle.

They can be a bit stuck in the past at times but would still like to see them win tonight. Happy to cheer on any Scottish team bar the Weegies and Hibs!

Nookie Bear

Only away ties are shown at this stage of European ties. Aberdeen were on tv last week when west ham and Southampton were not. It's nothing against Aberdeen or Scottish football. Even the home Celtic games wasnt on tv ffs.

The Southampton game was on TV.

It's pretty poor that it's not on tbh, considering they felt a bunch of pre-season kicks outs were worthy of attention

hoping that Aberdeen can turn it round if only to keep them occupied elsewhere and not focus on the league read they were shattered after the last game 

Watt-Zeefuik

Think this everytime I watch a stream from there, but what a hodgepodge of a stadium Pittodrie is.

Dalstonjambo

What channel was it on last week?

West Ham 2-1 down (4-3 agg) at HT.

Just shows the Inverness result was not as bad as some people think.  ICT lost 1 - nil on over 2 legs

Dalstonjambo

Premier Sports I think.

Thanks. I know its not you who was, but to the person who was saying it was on tv, I think the point people are making is this should have been on bbc sport which is free or bt sport which most people pay for already.

Paying another ?6 for it is ridiculous and BBC should be doing a deal with BT to hoover up any scottish teams in Europe bt don't want to show.

Archived