El Hassnaoui ready to go

Clerry Jambo

Generic Username

?Everybody?s happy to have lots of strikers here,? he said. ?You need that. You saw that last season when we had a lot of injuries. I was out a long time. Osman was out for three months and Speedy [Dale Carrick], like me, was out for most of the season. You need a lot of competition to keep the training level as high as possible. I?m happy with that.?

Exactly the sort of attitude you'd want and expect. Spent a lot of last season defending him, as did many others, I really do think he'll have a big part to play this season.

You could see come glimpses of his ability towards the end of last season. His reverse pass for Sow in the Cowdenbeath drubbing was a thing of beauty. Expect him to push on and prove to be a big player this season.

Riccarton3

Need to see how's it pans out for him. He may have ability but he needs to make sure he's on the same wavelength as his team mates. There were flicks and passes last season that were aimed at nobody in particular. It wasn't pretty.Thinking you are better than you are may be his problem.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Big things - top six????? Medals or else!!!!!

Ive heard enough talk in the papers from him.

Its time for him to start performing on a regular basis for us.

He is going to get in a full pre season this year so no excuses.

Expecting big things from him this league campaign.

?Everybody?s happy to have lots of strikers here,? he said. ?You need that. You saw that last season when we had a lot of injuries. I was out a long time. Osman was out for three months and Speedy [Dale Carrick], like me, was out for most of the season. You need a lot of competition to keep the training level as high as possible. I?m happy with that.?

Exactly the sort of attitude you'd want and expect. Spent a lot of last season defending him, as did many others, I really do think he'll have a big part to play this season.

I'm certainly a big fan. Took him a while to even break into the team and when he finally did, he was thrown into starting a few games through force rather than choice. Unfortunately on those occasions, he didn't look totally ready.

Seemed more prepared when we seen his cameos at the end of the season but even then, I'm still convinced he will be a big player.

El Hassnaoui ready to go

Where ? Am I right in saying we have to keep him because he has a contract. Management have been very tough with other more popular players I sincerely hope he has got something to offer.

colinmaroon

Need to see how's it pans out for him. He may have ability but he needs to make sure he's on the same wavelength as his team mates. There were flicks and passes last season that were aimed at nobody in particular. It wasn't pretty.Thinking you are better than you are may be his problem.

I remember talking to Alex Macdonald when he was manager at Hearts and he was very strong on the need for the "gifted" players to play their passes and, if their teammates did't see it, it was not the ball player's fault.

It's like gifted "wingers" also.  Sometimes they can tear a team apart and, at other times, they can look dreadful.

You have to believe and keep trying to unlock defences.  If El Hass didn't feel like that, he probably would have laid the ball off and wouldn't have played that delightful reverse pass.

Cambo_Jambo

El Hassnaoui ready to go

Where ? Am I right in saying we have to keep him because he has a contract. Management have been very tough with other more popular players I sincerely hope he has got something to offer.

I, for one, hope that we only select our players based on popularity and not the judgement of professionals emplyed by the club to descern value in their roles as professionals.

In fact, if we could please play a team including Robo, Rudi and Taylor Swift, I'd be much more comfortable as it is clear due to goals, raport with fans and record slaes that they are very popular.

Seriously though, players get released from clubs all the time. Even when they are generally well liked by fans. I don't get why people get so worried about a player with obvious talent and a possible sell on value that had a badly stunted year being kept.

Always willing to give someone 2nd season leeway.  I saw enough good touches to suggest he could be decent for us.  Time will tell.

Riccarton3

I remember talking to Alex Macdonald when he was manager at Hearts and he was very strong on the need for the "gifted" players to play their passes and, if their teammates did't see it, it was not the ball player's fault.

It's like gifted "wingers" also. Sometimes they can tear a team apart and, at other times, they can look drieadful.

You have to believe and keep trying to unlock defences. If El Hass didn't feel like that, he probably would have laid the ball off and wouldn't have played that delightful reverse pass.

Not looking to put the lad down. Nothing would please me more to see him kick on. The context of the reverse pass was v a punch drunk cowdenbeath at 9-0, nice as it was.

The whole package is ability allied to temperament and there were some odd moments last year , for a new player, of petulance that were just ridiculous. It's a team game.

He had a through on goal chance against hibs at easter road to make it 0-1 hearts if he'd had scored that he'd be held in much higher regard than he seems to be..I really hope there's a player in there I think there could be

Riccarton3

Would genuinely like to hear about these odd moments of petulance.

Throws the ball away cos he's not taking a penalty. The bigger picture is we score, whoever takes it. Don't expect it helped the penalty taker. Kind of behaviour you might expect in a schoolboy game.

Throws the ball away cos he's not taking a penalty. The bigger picture is we score, whoever takes it. Don't expect it helped the penalty taker. Kind of behaviour you might expect in a schoolboy game.

one incident caused by us not having a pre-arranged agreed penalty taker

what other instances?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It's a shame but this thread will only go one way. :(

I hope he does well. I suspect he will.

Generic Username

That's one. He got absolutely hounded by Gomis, acting as captain for the day, after the penalty was scored.

What were the other odd moments of petulance?

are ***** really arguing about him leaving and letting the manager pick the team, when all he has said is that he is "Ready to go (for the season ahead)"

What the actual ****?

Riccarton3

one incident caused by us not having a pre-arranged agreed penalty taker

what other instances?

No other instances I can think of. I've attempted to exaggerate and not got away with it.

No other instances I can think of. I've attempted to exaggerate and not got away with it.

cool!

Wasn't pretty at the time Tbf

Riccarton3

cool!

Wasn't pretty at the time Tbf

He is going to be one of the most interesting players to watch this year, no doubt.

loveofthegame

Haha, outstanding honesty.

He shows glimpses of being capable. If he 100% this season and finds another who can read his game then he may well be a great find. I hope he comes good for us.

His attitude going by this article is excellent.

loveofthegame

I've been a bit meh on El Hass so far but he definitely improved towards the end of the season and there were glimpses of a real player at times.

As much as folk on here hate the expression, I'm in the "jury's still out" camp, but really hope he kicks on and becomes the player RN/CL clearly think he is capable of becoming.

The Apprentice

I hope he can kick on this season. I don't think there's any doubt the management team rate him, so it's all about him staying fit and showing his worth to the team.

He obviously has confidence in his own ability which is good to see. Hopefully he backs that up with some good performances. He'll be an interesting one to watch next season I reckon.

Captain America

There were flashes of the player he could be last season.

He wasn't bad last season just wasn't one of our top performers.

If played in the right role then he could be a very important player for us.

It may or may not work out for the boy, but his play against rangers showed that he can offer something that not many players have got. He was popping up all over the pitch, dragging markers out of position, creating space and allowing team mates to double up on defenders. He showed a level of intelligence that isn't common in scottish football. Other than that his moments of quality were few and far between, but he was clearly only even half way fit by the end of the season.

the geezer

Ive heard enough talk in the papers from him.

Its time for him to start performing on a regular basis for us.

He is going to get in a full pre season this year so no excuses.

Expecting big things from him this league campaign.

This

Big things - top six????? Medals or else!!!!!

I suspect it's a blanket line that the management have told all the players. Every interview with management or players have all cited top 6 as the target for a successful season. I think they have told the players to say that so as not to build up expectations too much. If every player came out and stated we will win the league, only for Hearts to, say, finish 3rd and get to a couple of semi finals, everyone would view it as a poor season given the pre season comments. I think top 6 is a good starter to build on to set expectations, and anything else is a bonus.

Tasavallan

It's like gifted "wingers" also.  Sometimes they can tear a team apart and, at other times, they can look dreadful.

You have to believe and keep trying to unlock defences.  If El Hass didn't feel like that, he probably would have laid the ball off and wouldn't have played that delightful reverse pass.

Maybe I am in a company of one, but I always thought that Michael Stewart's brain worked too far ahead of his teammates and he ended up frustrated when his passes into space did not come off. 

Jambo-Jimbo

Well one thing El Hass, has done is to split the support, you either love him or hate him.

What a lot of folk aren't thinking about is that he came to us injured and was just getting fit when he was crocked in the Rangers game and that put him out for 3 months, only come the end of the season did we see anything of him on a regular basis. 

Now anybody who has played the game and I don't mean a kick about with a few mates down at the local park, will know that if you start the season injured and then just when your starting to get fit you get injured again, well it can pretty much ruin your entire season, look at Carrick for example, one injury after another.

Folk also going on about his wee flicks and the likes, well it's up to his team mates to learn how he plays and read the game accordingly.

Those of us lucky enough to remember Bobby Prentice & John Colquhoun, well if those guys skinned defenders and crossed the ball into an empty box, whose fault is that, the winger or the attackers for not reading the game and knowing what the winger is going to do, that understanding only comes with more game time together.

I agree this is a big season for El Hass and personally I think there is a player in there, just how good a player he is, will be seen this season.

jack D and coke

I neither love him not hate him but he's done very little to suggest he's anymore than slightly above average. This was Scotland's 2nd tier after all. I'm sure I could've pulled off his pass against a deflated Cowdenbeath.

This is a new season though and I really hope he's had a great pre-season and is about to show us why the management team have this faith in him.

Until then I won't get too excited.

Well one thing El Hass, has done is to split the support, you either love him or hate him.

What a lot of folk aren't thinking about is that he came to us injured and was just getting fit when he was crocked in the Rangers game and that put him out for 3 months, only come the end of the season did we see anything of him on a regular basis.

Now anybody who has played the game and I don't mean a kick about with a few mates down at the local park, will know that if you start the season injured and then just when your starting to get fit you get injured again, well it can pretty much ruin your entire season, look at Carrick for example, one injury after another.

Folk also going on about his wee flicks and the likes, well it's up to his team mates to learn how he plays and read the game accordingly.

Those of us lucky enough to remember Bobby Prentice & John Colquhoun, well if those guys skinned defenders and crossed the ball into an empty box, whose fault is that, the winger or the attackers for not reading the game and knowing what the winger is going to do, that understanding only comes with more game time together.

I agree this is a big season for El Hass and personally I think there is a player in there, just how good a player he is, will be seen this season.

Aye the smart people among us know he is a good player and showed enough glimpses last season of what he can become. The slavering idiots think he is pish.

frank skinner

I still think Mr Levein was sold a pup.

He'll need to do more than tuck away a pen against a pub team for me.

Well one thing El Hass, has done is to split the support, you either love him or hate him.

What a lot of folk aren't thinking about is that he came to us injured and was just getting fit when he was crocked in the Rangers game and that put him out for 3 months, only come the end of the season did we see anything of him on a regular basis.

Now anybody who has played the game and I don't mean a kick about with a few mates down at the local park, will know that if you start the season injured and then just when your starting to get fit you get injured again, well it can pretty much ruin your entire season, look at Carrick for example, one injury after another.

Folk also going on about his wee flicks and the likes, well it's up to his team mates to learn how he plays and read the game accordingly.

Those of us lucky enough to remember Bobby Prentice & John Colquhoun, well if those guys skinned defenders and crossed the ball into an empty box, whose fault is that, the winger or the attackers for not reading the game and knowing what the winger is going to do, that understanding only comes with more game time together.

I agree this is a big season for El Hass and personally I think there is a player in there, just how good a player he is, will be seen this season.

I don't love him or hate him.

The Comedian

Ability is the hard bit and he has it. He'll now be fit and get's involved too.

I reckon he'll come good this season. 

Clerry Jambo

Hopefully El Hass will be our "number 10", running from midfield and playing the "killer pass" and also hitting the "onion bag"

Enough cliche's lads!!

Player makes positive and interesting comments about the coming season.

This thread happens.

Standard.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Why don't we run an official El Has thread? Basically we all commit to one word - decent or shit - and then we'll see at the end of the season who's right and who's been embarrassed.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Why don't we run an official El Has thread? Basically we all commit to one word - decent or shit - and then we'll see at the end of the season who's right and who's been embarrassed.

We could then change the name in the thread title each season depending on who is the new pantomime villain. We should have done this seasons ago with a Miko thread, moving through Suso and Taouil, and now on to El Glassnaoui.

Jambo-Jimbo

I neither love him not hate him but he's done very little to suggest he's anymore than slightly above average. This was Scotland's 2nd tier after all. I'm sure I could've pulled off his pass against a deflated Cowdenbeath.

This is a new season though and I really hope he's had a great pre-season and is about to show us why the management team have this faith in him.

Until then I won't get too excited.

Sow scored against teams in Scotland's 2nd tier as well, but do any of us know if he'll be any good in a higher division against faster better defenders.

One thing for sure is that all the players no matter who they are, will need to be quicker than last season as they won't get the same time on the ball this season.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

As I've said, a lot of Hearts fans will be absolutely raging if he has a good season. A lot of folk willing him to fail.

As I've said, a lot of Hearts fans will be absolutely raging if he has a good season. A lot of folk willing him to fail.

Why would anyone be raging if he has a good season?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The old "I won't celebrate when he scores" method, eh? Been a while since that reared its head on here. Who was it last time again? Kingston? Nade? Obua? I forget.

If only Winston was still around to tell us how good or bad he is? 

Can't make my mind up until i have heard it from the top.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If only Winston was still around to tell us how good or bad he is?

Can't make my mind up until i have heard it from the top.

NSIS? :lol:

What with him having posted quite a lot on this thread Mr Smithy.

scott herbertson

Maybe I am in a company of one, but I always thought that Michael Stewart's brain worked too far ahead of his teammates and he ended up on his bum when his passes into space did not come off. 

Fixed that for you 

Fr what its worth I thought Micheal Stewart had great potential but he couldn't align his thinking to either his teammates' or the plan to beat the opposition - got too caught up in the game and didn't use his intelligence enough*.

*Also fell on his bum a lot

NSIS? :lol:

What with him having posted quite a lot on this thread Mr Smithy.

NSIS???

I thought he was banned?

Archived