Adidas kit deal

JAMMY1980

Won't be Adidas, won't be Warrior/New Balance.

The shirt sponsor will be more interesting than who makes the strips. It's our best chance in years to maximise revenue from this and will be fascinating to see what kind of firm we can attract (plus for what money).

How do you know it won't be Adidas/warrior/new balance??

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you know it won't be Adidas/warrior/new balance??

The new celtic strip is new balance, maybe suggests a move into Scottish football?

Given that this years kit met with universal approval the only way is down for the next kit supplier.

Added to that there will be the return of a sponsor so more angst will show from amongst the support.

Will the shade meet the exacting standards set by the fans as they seem to have their heart set on this particular shade of Maroon ?

Can the sponsor adapt their logo etc to fit into the colour scheme ?

Will the money received for sponsorship of the strip and from the kit supplier itself meet with approval ?

Will the extras such as T shirts, jackets etc meet with approval ?

A tough sell from the new supplier and sponsor awaits methinks.

Winston Ingram

Given that this years kit met with universal approval the only way is down for the next kit supplier.

Added to that there will be the return of a sponsor so more angst will show from amongst the support.

Will the shade meet the exacting standards set by the fans as they seem to have their heart set on this particular shade of Maroon ?

Can the sponsor adapt their logo etc to fit into the colour scheme ?

Will the money received for sponsorship of the strip and from the kit supplier itself meet with approval ?

Will the extras such as T shirts, jackets etc meet with approval ?

A tough sell from the new supplier and sponsor awaits methinks.

Not sure about that. There have been stock shortages/issues with Adidas all along have there not? Can't say I get that bothered about who makes the strips, they change too regularly to get attached! 

Mind our third kit next season will be a very big seller, who won't buy a kit with the family name on it? Could be 6,000 sales on the third kit alone.

I also think as the home top will revert back to our usual badge then the actual kit may not change too much, it really depends on the sponsor plastered over the front , if it is like the wonga logo that must put people buying the top.

Diadora Van Basten

I think the test for any kit is how good will it look on Ozturk!

I would be very surprised it any kit looks as good on him as Adidas.

Whoever the new kit deal is given to we should definitely let the fans design the 3rd strip!

I'll be asking the Mods to ban me from here during that process, this place would be CARNAGE, folk can't even agree the time of day.

Umbro - Tailored By range again please...a la that famous day in May! The design, shade of maroon and material quality was perfection...as goes for the training wear etc.

Sondico like the big cousins

Please, nothing with any tie up with a company associated with Sports Direct, we will be losing money on the deal.  :(

And nothing Italian or tight design.  First 9 pounds of weight loss was pretty easy.  Next stone and a half not so.

New balance, warrior and Asics are all linked and have been for years, I can't see why when warrior are trying to raise brand awareness in the uk that they would suddenly change the shirt branding to new balance.

I forgot all about this one til you mentioned Asics

hmc.jpg

I'll be asking the Mods to ban me from here during that process, this place would be CARNAGE, folk can't even agree the time of day.

All designs could be emailed to one site either the hearts page or the foundation then they could narrow it down to a choice of 3 and then let fans vote.

Errea

They specialize in the kits that the new 3rd kit for next season will be like (FoH names woven into strip) and have tried for the Hearts contract before Adidas got it. 

Also makes more money for the club as I believe the way the kit deal is structured with Errea means clubs make a higher margin on gear sold. Errea gear has come on leaps and bounds since last time we had them, they do some really good stuff now.

Often wondered who it is at Hearts that makes the final call on these design related things. Do they ever ask fans for their input at all?

Often wondered who it is at Hearts that makes the final call on these design related things. Do they ever ask fans for their input at all?

The idea of fans input has been taken on board by FoH.

The idea of fans input has been taken on board by FoH.

Great news. Bet there'd be no shortage of enthusiastic input on that subject.

aitcheeayartees

Wouldn't mind a return to this type of design myself.

27965dc38746be706e83d105f34602ed.jpg

Gets my backing! Adidas is the top brand in my opinion!

alwaysthereinspirit

Whoever the new kit deal is given to we should definitely let the fans design the 3rd

As long as my name is in a very prominent location on the shirt I don't care who designs it. :)

BangkokHearts

Thought umbro made our best kits with the exception of 2009/10 shiny nonsense. Everton's kit this year is class

Agreed. I would be happy with the same style as the Everton home and away. Very nice.

Loved asics. That blue and black inter style shirt was one of the best away strips we ever had. Would be great to have it back.

Can anyone explain this, Tranmere have Carbrini for the home shirt and Fila for the away!!!! I'm guessing they are the same company just different branding but am unaware of a team having different supplier names on the shirt before.

Anyone seen this previously?

I think the fans got a vote in Vlad's second season?....

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Can anyone explain this, Tranmere have Carbrini for the home shirt and Fila for the away!!!! I'm guessing they are the same company just different branding but am unaware of a team having different supplier names on the shirt before.

St Mitten had the same set up a season or two ago. Might still do.

I think in order to maximise sales (and I know its pressure on parents etc etc, but we need to continue to make money, and I know it depends on the club getting enough in!):

Home shirt - minimal branding, basic, plain, darker maroon, white collar and cuffs. No flashes, nothing gimmicky, no surprises.

Away - give fans the vote on some old and new away designs. Reverse of home, candy stripe, inter style, and some new designs

3rd - already done, to include fans names

I just think it will ensure maximum sales across all shirts, like I say IF we can keep up with demand.

I do know that Carbrini are owned outright by... Sports Direct

There are quite often licensing deals and the like and although this particular one is fairly unusual, it may be the case that SD had the rights to take half a Fila contract or something similar and used it to increase brand awareness. Or maybe someone even sold half their kit deal to raise cash.

This season's Hibs kit deal is with Just Sport who license Nike Teamwear stuff. However, some of Hibs' training kit is branded Avec, which is wholly owned by Just Sport. 

I haven't cleared up much, I know- politics

I do know that Carbrini are owned outright by... Sports Direct

There are quite often licensing deals and the like and although this particular one is fairly unusual, it may be the case that SD had the rights to take half a Fila contract or something similar and used it to increase brand awareness. Or maybe someone even sold half their kit deal to raise cash.

This season's Hibs kit deal is with Just Sport who license Nike Teamwear stuff. However, some of Hibs' training kit is branded Avec, which is wholly owned by Just Sport.

I haven't cleared up much, I know- politics

Carbrini are owned by JD Sports, not Sports Direct.

The irony of this statement is that whilst on the whole you are completely correct, the annual 'kit design' threads are absolutely brilliant with classics designed everytime. With the exception of this season, most of the kits you see designed on here are far better than anything the club come up with.

Will be sad to see adidas kits go, is great to see HMFC wearing kits from my favourite sportswear make and think they have all been class. But if the club gets more cash, then fair enough

Hopefully this turns into the 'mock up kit' thread. Probably my favourite thread of the year. Some of the efforts have been outstanding.

With the whole FOH thing these days, it would be nice to think our ideas on strips were being taken into account.

Sorry to disappoint but it's 100% definitely not Adidas, Nike or Umbro.

I've heard Warrior too, but I'm probably wrong. Sondico too...

:lol:

Prostar as well?

Go down the Southampton route and make them ourselves. No branding.

Did Rangers not do this in the past to good effect? I think they sourced everything and sold 2 packages (1 for the main sponsor - the 2nd for a sports manufacturer)

They reduced costs to produce kit and maximised profit. 

The People's Chimp

New balance, warrior and Asics are all linked and have been for years, I can't see why when warrior are trying to raise brand awareness in the uk that they would suddenly change the shirt branding to new balance.

I think the point is that NB are dropping the warrior brand, as it is a terrible brand. 

As long as it's nothing scaffy like carbrini, that should be the main consideration. 

Did Rangers not do this in the past to good effect? I think they sourced everything and sold 2 packages (1 for the main sponsor - the 2nd for a sports manufacturer)

They reduced costs to produce kit and maximised profit.

I think they produced their own kit, and sold the 'brand name' to Diadora.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Liverpool might be Warrior's biggest name, but despite the poor efforts for them they've made decent kits for Stoke, Porto and Sevilla.  A kit similar to a few of those and we'd probably be on to a winner.

This season's kit is the best we've had, so like others have said we'll likely be disappointed when comparing the new one to the current one.  Most of our kits in recent years have been pretty good, tbh.

Archived