Adidas kit deal

JAMMY1980

Hope it's someone with decent training kit.

Is umbro not owned by Mike Ashley?

No, Sports Direct used to have a large shareholding in Umbro but sold that to Nike. Nike have since sold Umbro to Iconix Brands, a US investment company. There was a suggestion that they may lease the brand name in the UK to SD but I don't think that ever happened.

I'd be happy if we went back to Umbro. They've done some really nice kits recently, particularly in South America (albeit under license, I believe).

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The People's Chimp

Lets be honest, this cringey FOH 3rd/fans tribute kit was probably only ever going to be made by one of the low end manufacturers. 

As an aside it would be great if the retail operation could be brought in house  - regardless of the kit manufacturer - and we saw all the profits. 

Lets be honest, this cringey FOH 3rd/fans tribute kit was probably only ever going to be made by one of the low end manufacturers.

As an aside it would be great if the retail operation could be brought in house - regardless of the kit manufacturer - and we saw all the profits.

Not necessarily, a few decent sized kit manufacturers have done similar tribute shirts in the past.

Agree with your second point. Given how well the new regime have organised everything else so far, I think they'd do a far better job of the retail operation than the present company do.

mEzcgaT.gif

Pretty damn nice, eh? Universitario have, in my opinion, had the most consistently nice kits of any team over the past 5 or 6 seasons or so.

It will be readily available because there will be far less demand for it!

I don't think so. I think it will be a good kit and well received. :)

airdriejambo3

Thought umbro made our best kits with the exception of 2009/10 shiny nonsense. Everton's kit this year is class

wow shiny kit flashback, i think i need to go and have a nice seat and a soothing cuppa, I cant get the thought of it out my head now aahhh

No, Sports Direct used to have a large shareholding in Umbro but sold that to Nike. Nike have since sold Umbro to Iconix Brands, a US investment company. There was a suggestion that they may lease the brand name in the UK to SD but I don't think that ever happened.

I'd be happy if we went back to Umbro. They've done some really nice kits recently, particularly in South America (albeit under license, I believe).

Thanks for that.

The various licences are where it starts getting confusing.

Gutted about losing adidas but this ordering kits ever x month pish was irritating.

Really don't want umbro although suspect its a done deal. 

Puma, Warrior or Hummel interest me... Stay the **** away from nike though

Quite like spurs under armour don't know about quality of the cut though

I got an under armour kit for Omiya Ardija and it's decent quality if a bit thin feeling. I like the jersey even though it's a bit bright!

http://www.sskamo.co.jp/campaign/j2014-omiya.html

Anyway back on subject - I'd be happy with Umbro, Puma or Nike as long as they try and keep it simple. Away and Third can have all the silly designs they like but keep the home top as plain as possible please!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

These templates would do me nicely :) (apologies if I've posted these before).

Umbro-Universitario-2014-90th-Away-Kit%2Universitario-90th-Anniversary-Jersey.jp

That would be a cracking strip. Think I'll be disappointed if it doesn't look like that now. :lol:

Buzz Killington

Always liked Adidas strips but wouldn't mind Umbro again.

I'm more concerned about the sponsor on the front!

Pretty damn nice, eh? Universitario have, in my opinion, had the most consistently nice kits of any team over the past 5 or 6 seasons or so.

"Heart & Soul" -  looks like our Peruvian sister club.

10527510_10152618033900701_2815257360937

"Heart & Soul" -  looks like our Peruvian sister club.

10527510_10152618033900701_2815257360937

Bit of an ageing squad. More akin to the huns' current line-up!

Bit of an ageing squad. More akin to the huns' current line-up!

They're the local mafia bosses. Score 20 every week because everyone is too scared to tackle them.

Has warrior actually been rumoured anywhere?

As far as this threads concerned it seems as though it's been dropped in randomly by someone and everyone's taking it serious. Unless I've missed something.

Has warrior actually been rumoured anywhere?

As far as this threads concerned it seems as though it's been dropped in randomly by someone and everyone's taking it serious. Unless I've missed something.

That's my take on it.

That's my take on it.

19/5HMFC12 was the first to mention Warrior and even then he only mentioned the name. Think everyone's panicking because of it. :lol:

Our new female owner, it could be Dorothy Perkins or Primark. Maybe if we are lucky, a natty M & S number or even posher, and local, Jenners?

I'm at an age that I don't buy the tops anymore (this year being the exception of course), so my main concern is we make lots of money from whoever supplies the kit.

Having said that, I do have my staff card at the ready, should we go down the M&S route. 20% discount, not to be sniffed at ;-)

Maroon Sailor

These templates would do me nicely :)  (apologies if I've posted these before).

Umbro-Universitario-2014-90th-Away-Kit%2Universitario-90th-Anniversary-Jersey.jp

Like the late 70's retro look about this.

My favourite kit - had both home and away full kits when I was a kid.

Be great to see this next time we go with Umbro

Said if on a previos thread.

Stay as far away from Puma as possible.

They are more of a team wear brand but I like Joma kits.

Often than not simple and minimal design. Nice collars on them too.

If i had to rank my preferences

1) Adidas

2) Umbro

3) Joma

Just my opinion based on kits etc but its what i'd hope for.

Carl Weathers

These templates would do me nicely :) (apologies if I've posted these before).

If we got those it would surpass this season's IMO. Outstanding.

If we got those it would surpass this season's IMO. Outstanding.

It could be the photo, but darker on the maroon, please.

Don't mind on the make so much as the cut and design. This years is such a great top due to its simplicity and fit. I really liked the umbro 2012 top and have the version with no sponsor on it. The option for this would be welcome as a lot of folk don't want to promote whatever brand. Might not please the actual sponsor though!

Keep it simple and it will sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maroon tinted glasses 2

I don't care who our new shirt supplier is (if changing from Adidas) as long as the shirt looks decent and has the Hearts badge on it then they will sell and thats the main thing. I also don't understand people's opposition to brands like warrior, yes there are some bad strips out there but if you look at kits like the one they done for Odds BK (the maroon away kit) there are some decent ones. Just can't post the picture.

I don't care who our new shirt supplier is (if changing from Adidas) as long as the shirt looks decent and has the Hearts badge on it then they will sell and thats the main thing. I also don't understand people's opposition to brands like warrior, yes there are some bad strips out there but if you look at kits like the one they done for Odds BK (the maroon away kit) there are some decent ones. Just can't post the picture.

The reason for some posters opposition to Warrior is obvious though they won't come out and tell the truth for fear of being ridiculed.

The reason for some posters opposition to Warrior is obvious though they won't come out and tell the truth for fear of being ridiculed.

Ok, I will.

It's because they make utterly shite kits!!!!

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

The People's Chimp

Because the shirts look shite? 

Maroon Sailor

I'll take whichever brand gives us the most money.

Cheers.

My name will be on a kit next season - better be good quality !

Adidas is the pinnacle, anything else will be a step down,its just a question of how far down the ladder we go...................

Sorry to disappoint but it's 100% definitely not Adidas, Nike or Umbro.

I've heard Warrior too, but I'm probably wrong. Sondico too...

jimmy the jambo

I hope it stays with adidas,the amount of stuff that I've bought from adidas that's maroon related.

If someone is in the know,a wee heads up would be good & we can manopolise the maroon stuff they sell.

Maroon Sailor

You've disappointed me - any of the first three mentioned would do me

At least it's not Puma

Whoever it is, it better not be one of those figure hugging tight ones (like Under Armour - Spurs).

A lot of fans that don't have great torsos will not buy it.

Holyrood_Hearts

We'll surely get better than Sondico!

If your right, that leaves Macron, Puma, Under Armour, Warrior, Joma, Diadora & Errea?

New balance have bought over warrior so it would be new balance...

At least we won't have the stock issues of this year...

Shanks said no

A few days ago the wife was wittering on about the Adidas contract being cancelled / ending, no more tops being made and all efforts were now being focused on making the new one. She saw it on facebook so I just ignored it. Given that Budge is switched on about what the fans want I wouldn't be surprised if the deal was already done.

Winston Ingram

Won't be Adidas, won't be Warrior/New Balance. 

The shirt sponsor will be more interesting than who makes the strips. It's our best chance in years to maximise revenue from this and will be fascinating to see what kind of firm we can attract (plus for what money). 

Archived