Clocks going back

terrible_groaning_noise

terrible_groaning_noise

Hate the dark nights,I'd rather hang on to every ray of light a bit longer in the evening and it would come a bit quicker rather then March 29th next year! In this age of hi-vis clothing and farmers able to light up a field the size of Tynie is there still a need, what's your preference?

Makes very little difference to my life. I'm not going to do anything during that hour of sunlight other than travel to or from work anyway. Makes no difference if it's slightly lighter travelling to work or slightly lighter coming home from work.

First time the clocks go back with the wee guy around, hope it doesn't mess him too much. 6am I can deal with, 5am though...:muggy:

Dagger Is Back

Hate the dark nights. Really gets me down and from Sunday it's a case of calendar watching until March 2015.

Extra hour in bed before the drinking session commences. :jjyay:

It does get really tedious after a while. I work 2 shifts at my work. Ones a 5 o'clock finish and the other is half 6. Either way, it's going to be pitch black when I finish for the next few months.

I just don't get it. Why do we bother?

Why don't we just slightly adjust business hours to suit. And mention of farmers is ridiculous. A farmer doesn't work to the clock.

First time the clocks go back with the wee guy around, hope it doesn't mess him too much. 6am I can deal with, 5am though...:muggy:

Same boat but she's already up at 5 as it is...4am...

:sob:

Hopefully the UK & Europe follows the USA lead and change to putting the clocks back 1st Sunday in November and forward on the 1st Sunday in March. Will give us 4 extra weeks of BST and will noticeably reduce the feel of winter gloom at the start of the year.

So for me that means that the game on Sunday will start at 3.15am too long to stay up, too early to get up, so will have to miss the live game.

Craig Gordons Gloves

So for me that means that the game on Sunday will start at 3.15am too long to stay up, too early to get up, so will have to miss the live game.

Does it not make the game an hour closer to your time? So it'll be 12.15 in Scotland and 5.15am on the west coast of Canada? It'll be 7.15am in the Midwest which is perfect for me.

It awesome!

When the alarm goes off in the morning and its still pitch dark that you feel its still the middle of the night.

Shower, breakfast and out the door and its STILL dark.

Drive to work IN THE DARK

Sun barely gets above the horizon and its bloody freezing

Leave work IN THE DARK

Drive Home IN THE DARK

Curtains shut in the house as soon as you get in

CRAP!

Changing the clock doesn't really do anything or make any difference come mid December!

Hate Winter!

HATE!!!!

What I don't get is that the clocks go back at the end of Oct about 6/7 weeks before the shortest day .... but don't change back again until end March about 12/13 weeks after the shortest day. If end Oct is seen as the threshold for changing.... why isn't end Feb seen as the equivalent for changing back?

Raging!

I get "sads" as this time of the year. Gazing out the window at work at 4:45pm and it's pitch black is depressing in November/December time.

What I don't get is that the clocks go back at the end of Oct about 6/7 weeks before the shortest day .... but don't change back again until end March about 12/13 weeks after the shortest day. If end Oct is seen as the threshold for changing.... why isn't end Feb seen as the equivalent for changing back?

Raging!

Is it not more to do with lunar equinoxes?

I get "sads" as this time of the year. Gazing out the window at work at 4:45pm and it's pitch black is depressing in November/December time.

Pain in the butt having to change all my clocks and watch.

JamboInSouthsea

Means the ice hockey starts an hour earlier for the two weeks til North America puts its clocks back too.

I'm all for it :2thumbsup:

The Future's Maroon

Hopefully the UK & Europe follows the USA lead and change to putting the clocks back 1st Sunday in November and forward on the 1st Sunday in March. Will give us 4 extra weeks of BST and will noticeably reduce the feel of winter gloom at the start of the year.

Not usually my style, but would it not also help the environment...less electricity/heating used in homes, businesses (even street lights), save on petrol/diesel as you use more fuel with heating/lights on?

I could have just made a total James Hunt of myself with those comments, but I think I'm right.

Means the ice hockey starts an hour earlier for the two weeks til North America puts its clocks back too.

I'm all for it :2thumbsup:

:pleasing:

I remember when people used to be all excited at the thought of the extra hour in bed and nothing more was said about it.

Folk in my office are moaning about this this morning. I don't give a **** to be honest

Neither could I.

Its only an hour.

Does it not make the game an hour closer to your time? So it'll be 12.15 in Scotland and 5.15am on the west coast of Canada? It'll be 7.15am in the Midwest which is perfect for me.

Absolutely correct, I done that complicated math and got it wrong I was hoping nobody had noticed :bucktooth:

maroonlegions

Think i will leave my alarm clock and then let if go off then give it the two fingers, knowing that i still have that hour, just because i can.

:evil:

Craig Gordons Gloves

Absolutely correct, I done that complicated math and got it wrong I was hoping nobody had noticed :bucktooth:

You had me worried for a bit that I would have to get up at 5.15!

The Real Maroonblood

Get the other half to deal with the baby.

Prince Buaben
Think i will leave my alarm clock and then let if go off then give it the two fingers, knowing that i still have that hour, just because i can.

:evil:

Hope it's not a phone alarm as it should have corrected itself at 2am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This couldn't have come at a better time. I'm working till 2am tonight, but you're free to go once everything is done so even if I was working later my shift length wouldn't be affected by the change.

All it does is gives me an extra hour in bed before it's derby time.

Archived