Can we put it to bed now?

Bauld

No. Winning the second division last time we did didn't come close, nor would it if we did it again. Winning the real Championship would do it.

I see where you are coming from, but this would be a title win with both Rangers and Hibs in the same division, I agree, not as good as the cup wins of 1998 and 2012, but a fantastic achievement all the same, and incomparable to winning the first division in 1980

Fozzyonthefence

Because of the financial situation, McCoist is unsackable. However, since he is such a Rangers legend he could do the honourable thing and walk away. Oh no, I forgot about that one, so that's not an option either or will Sally do walking away?

Guest oldcastlerock2012

:spoton:

We are only 7 games in and we have already had it bad with injuries and suspensions. I'd prefer us to go a while without picking up any more but we've proved we can cope so far.

I think I'd only worry if we got long-term injuries to Gomis, Bauben or Wilson, simply because replacements of their quality are hard to find and they are playing so well. Maybe Pallardo could deputise for Gomis and Holt for Bauben but while McGhee/Mackay and Wilson would be fine in defence, I'd worry about Mackay/McGhee and Ozturk just now.

Good points from UnbelievableJeff and Gizmo on previous page.

Too many supporters still believe the past history/stature of Rangers is enough for them to get by on.

Football doesn't work like that. What they have is a big group of average-ness trying to live up to their past standards.

Rangers were successful because of a number of things and one being was having plenty cash.

Still a bit early for me. I have no doubt we are the best team in the league, & that Rangers are rank, but like we seen last night, it's a funny old game.

The team needs to stay focused and win each game as it comes.

MrWinningSmith

The seethe with The Rangers fans is strong. A few of them were on Facebook last night with the "wait until half way through the sews sin when half the squad is injured" chat.

But but but! Hibs bet Rangers 3-1. Apparently that extra goal they scored against them makes them better than us.

The league is theirs for the taking . :facepalm:

Absolute Roasters.

There's still a long, long way to go, this may well be the poorest Rangers team in living memory but they are still capable of beating nearly every other team in the league. Fat Sally certainly isn't helping their cause, his team selections are bordering on the ridiculous but they have a few of their better players out injured at the moment and they will improve and push us hard over the season.

I agree with the OP that they are not the force they used to be and feel that we are the better team. Both teams will drop points over the course of the season, although we have a very good side it is still a young team and we will make mistakes. I believe that Robbies extra training and professional attitude will stand us in good stead as the season goes on, but still think this will go right down to the wire.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

QotS is massive now. We win that, any points dropped by Rangers and or Hibs become huge.

Two game cushion now, let's not chuck it away first opportunity we get.

HHGH

Think its even more important because the chances are that rangers and hibs will win this weekend, so last nights result will have been worthless. It wont be easy for us on Saturday, need to be right up for this one and foucsed from 1st whistle to the last. Hopefully another win in our amazing start to the season.

It's natural that football fans will react to a particular result, and sometimes it's hard to not get carried away a wee bit. That's the fun of being a fan.

What gives me a bit of confidence is Messrs Neilson and Levein. I don't think either of them will be getting carried away. They probably watched last night and thought Rangers were bouf, Hibs were a bit more organised than before but still a bit bouf, and that the JTs are 6 points clear on top - a situatioon to be pleased with after 7 games. It's a cliche, but you really do get the feeling that Robbie's taking it 'one game at a time'.

Rangers will come at us. This league is far from over. I'll discount them when it's mathematically impossible or when they go into administration.

What is apparent from two viewings is how damaged they are. Look at what Ally and their struggles have done to previously good footballers.

Wallace, Templeton, Black, Daly, Boyd etc. either they've came out from war lesser men or Ally is just misusing them. On the two showings their only players are Law and McLeod.

They cannot recover until Ally goes. They cannot afford to sack him, but he may walk. If he stays the duration then I'm happy to say we are champions.

It's only September and far too early to say the league's ours. I was also at Dens in 86. If we have the same cushion over the Huns going into the last game of the season as we do now I will relax. Forget last night, forget everything that's happened this season - think only about winning on Saturday.

Boyd, Miller, Daly are done.

McCulloch done

Moshni pish

McGregor pish

Peralta pish

You omitted the key, pishest, figure of the lot. Him off of Question of Sport.

They can put him on gardening leave a la Butcher. They could afford that and I think they will have to because he's been utterly found out.

Gardening leave costs as much as laying the guy off, albeit spread in monthly instalments.

The remaining amount of McCoist's contract would show up as a liability in the financial statements so, in terms of insolvency/administration, they're ducked if they do & ducked if they don't.

I'm sure that any attempt to relieve McCoist of his duties (by sacking or garden leave) would trigger back payment of the amounts he so very nobly deferred.

Is it possible Ally leaves to tend Tel's garden and Tel takes over the Ibrox hot seat while Hibs continue to pay his wages?

The terms of Butcher's garden leave most likely say that he'll continue to be paid only if he doesn't take up another post. I'm sure Hibs would love it if Rangers made an approach as it would take Butcher off their payroll.

18Jambo_dave74

I agree with those saying that its far too early to discount Rangers but what last night should show to everyone, if it was needed, is that we have absolutely nothing to fear from that mob.

I keep hearing that Rangers have players that have been there, done it etc and know how to win titles. Assuming that we are talking SPL titles then I can only really think of McCulloch, Boyd and Miller - all of whom are a shadow of the players that won those titles (especially McCulloch at centre half).

If we look at some of their players including some that started last night:

Steve Simonsen; Bilel Moshni; Darren McGregor; Stevie Smith; Richard Foster; Kyle Hutton; Dean Shiels and Arnold Peralta. I don't believe any of them would get a game for us and some of them really are pretty poor players.

Their 'better' players are the likes of Lee Wallace; Nicky Law; Ian Black; Lewis MacLeod; David Templeton; Kenny Miller and Kris Boyd. Again, I'm not sure how many of them would get in our side and most of them are playing poorly possibly with the exception of MacLeod. I'd certainly rather have Gomis and Buaben over Black and Law.

I have no doubt Rangers will go on a winning run at some point but if we continue to do what we have been, then the title is there for us to win. I have absolute faith in Neilson and Levein to keep things going and to not allow the players to get carried away.

Having been at Dens in 86 I reckon I'll wait til we are mathematically promoted before cracking open the champagne.

Spot on, I never want that to happen again.

We still have a dodgy central defence....

:orly?: so who's conceded more goals than us in the championship this season..............oh yeah..........EVERYONE!

Can we now end the rangers love in?

All those who think "Rangers will win the league because they are rangers"

Rangers are rank as ****. They will win more games than they lose but we are stronger in every part of the pitch.

Boyd, Miller, Daly are done.

McCulloch done

Moshni pish

McGregor pish

Peralta pish

Its a myth that has died and it died 2 years ago. People need to let go of what is now the past. They are nothing but ordinary until such a time as they recieve heavy investment but it is now too late for this season.

w

Archived