Monthly job thread

hampdenhero

hampdenhero

Fellow kickbackers, I'm in need of a change of job. Sick of retail managment!

Anyone know of any openings?

Help!

Guest jonesy

Sorry I can't help with the query in the OP, but I'm also looking for a new challenge.

Also, when changing career, and dropping down a few rungs of the ladder, what's the best way to pre-empt the 'overqualified' line from recruiters?

My work is about to start recruiting. I work at BASF. We are a small factory on the isle of Lewis, and we are looking for production operators. The starting wage is ok, but with it being a part of BASF, obviously there are plenty of opportunities. I've been there just over 4 years now, and i am now a senior supervisor.

i suppose relocating is out of the question?

Sorry I can't help with the query in the OP, but I'm also looking for a new challenge.

Also, when changing career, and dropping down a few rungs of the ladder, what's the best way to pre-empt the 'overqualified' line from recruiters?

I think all you can do is convince them that you really want the move into their industry and if there's a drop in salary show them you can see the bigger picture.

I'm not sure I'd recommend it but last time an interviewer asked me why I wanted to drop 5 figures and work for them I was very honest and told them I hated the industry I was in and really wanted into theirs for sanity and the vast array of opportunity it presented. When invited to ask any questions I asked her if there was any reason she could think of why I wouldn't get the job.

scottish_chicP

Stilll looking for a PA job in Edinburgh or West Lothian. Please get me out of here :sob:

My work is about to start recruiting. I work at BASF. We are a small factory on the isle of Lewis, and we are looking for production operators. The starting wage is ok, but with it being a part of BASF, obviously there are plenty of opportunities. I've been there just over 4 years now, and i am now a senior supervisor.

i suppose relocating is out of the question?

Totally off on a tangent here but I had a fantastic junket to the BASF HQ in Ludwigshafen in Germany a few years back, they pretty much owned the whole town.

The BASF rep in Scotland at the time was a guy called Alan Morton and I'm sure I saw him on Million Pound Drop last week and he's now based in Lewis :wow:

(might not have been him)

winningways

Fellow kickbackers, I'm in need of a change of job. Sick of retail managment!

Anyone know of any openings?

Help!

Retail management is tough, the market is changing considerably with online growth forcing retailers to cut costs, make redundancies giving increasing pressures in the business? Still a good living to be made out of the retail industry however if your heart isn't in your role you should make the change.

RealMaroonCF

Firmware, software, systems and microwave engineers always wanted at my place. Senior to principles. Decent dosh, great working hours. Defence stuff.

Anyone interested give me a blast.

Need pipefitters Superjack?

i think there MIGHT be a vacancy coming up in the engineering department soon, as they will be going onto a different shift pattern. Out of the 4 guys in engineering, there is 1 sparky, 2 fitters and 1 pipe fitter. In saying that, they tend to cover all areas, apart from some sparky work that is. If you asked 2 years ago, we were crying out for pipe fitters due to the amount of work being done during the expansion of the factory. Even better, there are ANOTHER 2 jambos in the factory, with one poor wee hibby

• 1 month later...

5 weeks left on my contract. Anyone knows of any PA/Admin/secretary roles let me know please!

If you're desperate, there are always teaching secretary jobs going at Edinburgh Uni, though as soon as I get the chance, one of the vacancies will be my current job.....

scottish_chicP

If you're desperate, there are always teaching secretary jobs going at Edinburgh Uni, though as soon as I get the chance, one of the vacancies will be my current job.....

Where I'm based and without a car the uni is a bit of a pain travel wise. There are a few legal PA jobs going which is what I do just now but wanted to move on. Might just have to bite the bullet and go for one!

The Future's Maroon

I am also on the hunt for a new job, qualified Glazier..(rather not if I had too), fully experienced administrator with tax experience....pretty much shovel shit to be honest right now?

Archived