The real reason hearts lost 7-0 to hubs

bathgatejt

I have this information from a good source son of one of the hearts players that day told me the reason we got beat was 8 of the players were at a party night before till 5 or 6 in the morning and were very drunk saying that it must have been totally acceptable behaviour in these days

Seymour M Hersh

The Hibs team of May 2012 must have been on crack going by this logic. :)

It's true the team were mostly pished or at the very least massively hung over.

Dont care. Old history and non important game.

Congratulations on starting a hobo type thread reminding of 40 years ago, only thing they have left on this forum. :facepalm:

Wonder if we can get a cup final thread going on sookmasisterspaps.net

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Even worse time to be doing crack. :(

In all seriousness, it doesn't trouble me either way. It was probably a common occurrence back then. We should make no excuses.

Thats it, I'm e-mailing the Sfa,Sfl,Spl,Fifa,Uefa, Alex salmond, David cameron, Obama, Nelson Mandela, Scooby doo and any other important person to get to the bottom of this. Its a conspiracy, they basterds spiked the hearts player drinks! :11300:

Francis Albert

my old man was at that party in Colinton mains, i thought it was common knowledge

Did they go on to there from Alan Anderson's pub, The Pivot in Infirmary Street? That was the location I heard rumoured.

Hackney Hearts

Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to work out that something odd was happening that day when you look at the traditional tightness of that particular fixture...

1972 0-0

1971 0-0

1970 0-0

1969 0-0

1968 0-1

1967 0-0

1966 3-2

1965 0-1

1964 1-1

AllyjamboDerbyshire

That story certainly went around at the time. Going by the known culture of footballers at that time it was extremely possible. A few of them probably had a fag or two before taking the field too! Eddie Turnbull probably stole a march on Hearts by making sure his team broke the tradition and spent Hogmany drinking orange juice. Things really were so much different back then. A mate of mine told me he'd seen Eddie Thompson, the Hearts' captain, in the club behind the stand, pissed, that Hogmany. I was shocked, and very disappointed, but believed him. Unfortunately, we've had to suffer their hangover :11300: - until 19/05/2012 :10900:

I still remember the state of them when they came onto the park. They were as white as sheets. There was a gasp went up in the crowd. It was that obvious. Like others, I thought everybody knew the story.

Did they go on to there from Alan Anderson's pub, The Pivot in Infirmary Street? That was the location I heard rumoured.

That's what I heard, too.

SmokeyHMFC1994

For people who where ALIVE,tell me about this day,did it hurt more than Hibs fans last may? :verysmug:

gorgie rd eh11

They still go on about a league game 40 years ago. :10600:

Imagine how long the scottish cup final of 19/05/12 is going to last. :cool4:

The Real Maroonblood

For people who where ALIVE,tell me about this day,did it hurt more than Hibs fans last may? :verysmug:

No!

It hurt mate, believe me, it hurt ! :11300: But last May went a long way to healing that pain ! :10900:

Franco Fascione

My Dad had just done a 12 hour Hogmanay nightshift in his maroon taxi then went to bed. On that fateful day when he woke up he thought my Mum was joking about the 7-0 scoreline, he had to phone my Grandad to have it confirmed. He refused to pick up any person wearing a Hibs scarf when he went back on shift!

The joy on his face every time wee Robbo smashed one into the Hibees net will live with me a long time.

Hearts Heritage

It is not as unprofessional as it sounds. The Hearts players were told by a Hibs player that the game was off due to bad weather. Imagine their shock when the game was pronounced on.

Gregory House M.D.

I'm sure I read a Hibs fan saying that they saw the Hearts team the night before the game ad they were all buckled.

my Dad was their cos he was friends with Alan Carruthers sister so don't know about the pub

Remember being totally devastated by this result , the stick from the hobos was soul destroying for an impressionable 10 year old.

Would have been nice to score 8 in the final, but not complaining.Hibs died on May 19th anyway,I can only imagine their pain..

Fxxx the SPFL

I was twelve had to go back to my grannies for my new year meal guess where she lived Balfour St on a number 22 yes they went along gorgie road then with a bus load of smelly tramps I was probably still young enough not to let it effect me too much until later in life, but everything that has happened since then more than makes up for the pain of that day

SmokeyHMFC1994

So H1b5 only beat Hearts 7-0 because our players were pished!!!!!

Jesus the old days eh.

:lol:

alwaysthereinspirit

I have this information from a good source son of one of the hearts players that day told me the reason we got beat was 8 of the players were at a party night before till 5 or 6 in the morning and were very drunk saying that it must have been totally acceptable behaviour in these days

I heard this same rumour many years ago.

Drunk or not, 7-0 is an incredible result.

Trumped by quite some distance when we received the Scottish Cup by hammering them at Hampden.

SmokeyHMFC1994

It hurt mate, believe me, it hurt ! :11300: But last May went a long way to healing that pain ! :10900:

I must be really lucky that I was born in a era where Hearts are completely dominant,I can't even remember 6-2 as I was 6,I don't really hate Hibs as I have no real reason too,last may was a great day for all of us,for older people for the 7-0,but for me just was another nail in that shitty clubs existence.

I love being a Jambo!

:pleasing:

Guest Dipped Flake

what is the point of this thread?? It's more like what you would expect on hibsnet. Honestly who cares if our players were too pissed to see the ball that day. We lost 2 points and got them back the next time we played them.

SmokeyHMFC1994

I was twelve had to go back to my grannies for my new year meal guess where she lived Balfour St on a number 22 yes they went along gorgie road then with a bus load of smelly tramps I was probably still young enough not to let it effect me too much until later in life, but everything that has happened since then more than makes up for the pain of that day

5-1 hurts them more just remember that mate!!

:thumb:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

what is the point of this thread?? It's more like what you would expect on hibsnet. Honestly who cares if our players were too pissed to see the ball that day. We lost 2 points and got them back the next time we played them.

That's my view as well. Pissed or not... Nae excuses. They beat us by seven goals and got their two points. Cool.

I heard someone in the crowd had a laser pen that day. He'd only just invented it stolen it off the man who'd just invented it.

My point earlier...2 Pishy wee hobo inbreds joking on how long they can get a 7-0 post on page 1 for....

Look at the bites....delete this non event of a thread mods plz...

Victor Meldrew

Before my time, so have never really been bothered about it. My time as a Hearts fan has involved 17 and 22 in a row (as well as our recent run) and countless decent humpings.

The only blip was the 6-2 game, but Mark De Vries gave us revenge for that one pretty quickly, and we've beaten them by four goals three times since then.

19th May was just the icing on the cake - the day we squashed any lingering idea that they are our rivals.

gorgie rd eh11

My point earlier...2 Pishy wee hobo inbreds joking on how long they can get a 7-0 post on page 1 for....

Look at the bites....delete this non event of a thread mods plz...

While this is true and happens with 1986/dens park threads as well it's nice to see how "not bothered" they are about being repeatedly shafted by HMFC.

FIVE-one. :bootyshake:

While this is true and happens with 1986/dens park threads as well it's nice to see how "not bothered" they are about being repeatedly shafted by HMFC.

FIVE-one. :bootyshake:

We destroyed their lives to the point of obsessive vengance for all eternity

:verysmug:

It is not as unprofessional as it sounds. The Hearts players were told by a Hibs player that the game was off due to bad weather. Imagine their shock when the game was pronounced on.

Cant remember the weather being bad just feckin cold. It was obvious they had been on the lash as they were yards slower than the Hibs players. It was a very very sore one particularly because we were at home.

many+pints.jpg

So the only thing the Hibs fans have to "taunt" us with is purely as a result of the Hearts players being hung over, rather than them being genuinely better than us!? That just makes them look even more pathetic (if that was possible).

This is where the conspiracy gets deep one of the players went on to be hubs assistant manager few yrs later

maroonlegions

Breaking News on Sky Heart of Midlothian F.C. are the subject of a possible match fixing scandal in the Scottish Cup Final last May against Hibernian according to a Strathclyde Police spokesman. Police have viewed footage of the game and believe Hearts players have been involved in a correct score scam as it should have been ten. More soon.

The real reason Hearts never scored more than 7 that day is??

Near Post Zibby !

Eric ?

No, Alan. Eric was just soooo pished that his brother Alan, an optician, had to stand in for him.

The real reason behind the 7-0 is that Hearts and Hibs got together for a chat and Hibs were offered a 7-0 win if they then agreed that after that they would be little more than a footballing joke in Edinburh. Hibs accepted the offer.

maroon hills remembered

In those days opposing supporters stood next to each other. I got in by the White Park gate. The queues were enormous. When I got in we were already 0-2 down and I was standing next to a group of Hibs supporters who were thoroughly enjoying themselves. When half time came we were 0-5 down and I had had enough so I left.

To be honest I've never had any real aggro re the score until the likes of Ian Murray et al came along. Honestly in these days their was never the nasty aggro that there is now.

I'm surprised that after the final they've still got the brass neck to bring the 0-7 result up.

With regards to them being hungover, I'm not sure who was but there was definitely one player who was out of it!

Breaking News on Sky Heart of Midlothian F.C. are the subject of a possible match fixing scandal in the Scottish Cup Final last May against Hibernian according to a Strathclyde Police spokesman. Police have viewed footage of the game and believe Hearts players have been involved in a correct score scam as it should have been ten. More soon.

The real reason Hearts never scored more than 7 that day is??

Because Paulo was too much of a gentleman to have us completely humiliate them. Much like Rix was in the 4-0 game a while back. As much as I respect Paulo, I will never, ever forgive him for that. We could and should have buried them.

Near Post Zibby !

So the only thing the Hibs fans have to "taunt" us with is purely as a result of the Hearts players being hung over, rather than them being genuinely better than us!? That just makes them look even more pathetic (if that was possible).

Don't be sucked in by this revisionism. That season's Hibs team were a great team and we were poor.

Probably only Cruikshank ( off that day) and Donald Ford would have got into that Hibs team or squad

Near Post Zibby !

Because Paulo was too much of a gentleman to have us completely humiliate them. Much like Rix was in the 4-0 game a while back. As much as I respect Paulo, I will never, ever forgive him for that. We could and should have buried them.

Agreed. I respect Paulo as a human being. But as somebody who stayed for the whole 90 minutes of 7-0, I just wanted us to run up a cricket score.

Archived