Time to BAN the sun and bbc from Tynie

JAYEL

This week proves these Monkeys are at it with their stories about Hearts.

They should be instantly banned from Tynecastle.

southside1874

Have you heard the BBC Scotland advert that says Hearts fans are comedians??

throw in another couple of outlets as well.

some of the media behaviour recently has been deplorable. completely devoid of responsibility... fairness a thing of the past.

the current media ban was imposed by the club for a valid reason. some sections of the media can't be trusted to behave responsibly and represent best practices. the reaction to the ban has been spiteful and vitriolic.

disclaimer (because it's necessary... there are many dumb people pervading this forum) - the above in no way attempts to place blame on the media for the things that happen at the club. no attempt either to deflect blame away from the club.

Some of what they reported was true like.

It was. But, I could rattle off a number of things. If I rattle of enough, then I will get one one or two things right.

Do what I do, Ban the Sun from your mind, or change to a different comic.

The BBC is more worrying to me. Here we have a national media outlet that is paid for by the tax-payer (who has no choice) and should be reporting FACTS. It is worrying that this institution is lowering itself to the gutter-level of the tabloids.

Pointless banning them imo they will still rake up and repeat old news and exaggerate current developments.

Take eveything they spout with a pinch of salt and then ignore the xenophobic bigots.

p.s don't buy their crap rags.

Do you honestly believe they just pluck these stories out of thin air? There's no smoke without fire and the media will keep reporting on the circus as long as things keep dragging on.

The fans need to wake up and realise where the club is heading.

Malcolm Tucker

Do you honestly believe they just pluck these stories out of thin air? There's no smoke without fire and the media will keep reporting on the circus as long as things keep dragging on.

Heading to the top mate.

:verysmug:

fabienleclerq

Do what I do, Ban the Sun from your mind, or change to a different comic. :lol:

The BBC is more worrying to me. Here we have a national media outlet that is paid for by the tax-payer (who has no choice) and should be reporting FACTS. It is worrying that this institution is lowering itself to the gutter-level of the tabloids.

The fact the bbc ignores the old firm chanting shiote every week while it's on the radio/tv is worrying.

As above the media arent to blame for wages being late but are more than happy to make stuff up rather than report facts on say.....Rangers, but then they have more fans reading said comic.

Aye, great idea.

This media ban has done wonders for us already.

:Vlad-Stupid:

I appreciate you work in the media, but please explain what benefit we have had from them?

Arthur Morgan

This.

Where exactly is the club heading then?

I got bored with people getting their knickers in a twist about the media by the end of October 2005 at the latest. Still, venting your spleen at the media as if they somehow had anything to do with the problems at Tynecastle means you don't actually have to address the root cause of the problems. Some Kickbackers appear to rack up most of their posts doing this.

It's still boring.

:down:

i'm fairly sure the OP would have wished to separate the issue he started a thread about from the issue of the goings on at the club.

it was always going to be an exercise in futility to do so... and so it is beginning to prove.

i'm just staggered at who's included among those who have conjoined the two issues. staggered.

kingantti1874

I appreciate you work in the media, but please explain what benefit we have had from them?

I agree, sorry brothers your a good guy on here and it's not personal but generally as a rule the media, especially in this country, are a bunch of lying shit stirring sensationalist *******s... They make their money by talking complete shite and go in the huff when someone calls them on it... It's unbelievable

The few, who report on the facts are worth their weight in gold, none work at the sun or the been it would seem...

Saying that, a large part (-all ) of this is hearts fault - not communication with the media is one thing, not filling the void by communicating directly is utter stupidity... We clearly have issues and pretending otherwise doesn't help

Teuchterjambo

When the club won't speak, the Media will make up stories - hardly surprising it is the way it is and if the club don't have their say the press will go into overdrive on speculation.

The club's total failure to speak out on all this is making it worse - anyone who can't see that is on cloud cuckoo.

After a ten day or so ban of the media, i am still a Hearts fan.....i thought the BBC etc said we the fans needed them.

A question was asked earlier but is so far unanswered.......what good have the media done for Hearts and its supporters in the last few years?

southside1874

The Editor of the Scottish Sun is about to be arrested in connection with Vlads phone being tapped. A source confirmed today he was informed by an insider at the Scottish Sunwhistling.gif

The Editor of the Scottish Sun is about to be arrested in connection with Vlads phone being tapped. A source confirmed today he was informed by an insider at the Scottish Sunwhistling.gif

:)

They can write what they want but they should not be made welcome at Tynecastle

Have you heard the BBC Scotland advert that says Hearts fans are comedians??

::troll:::'>

If these stories turn out to be false, and I'm yet to be convinced, we should ban and sue.

Malcolm Tucker

Aye, great idea.

This media ban has done wonders for us already.

:Vlad-Stupid:

You would say that having TAKEN YOUR SHILLING.

Journo scum.

I got bored with people getting their knickers in a twist about the media by the end of October 2005 at the latest. Still, venting your spleen at the media as if they somehow had anything to do with the problems at Tynecastle means you don't actually have to address the root cause of the problems. Some Kickbackers appear to rack up most of their posts doing this.

It's still boring.

:down:

Having a go at some of the utter bullpoo that the media come away with does not equate with accepting the root cause problems at Tynecastle!

To state that is misrepresenting those of us who are sick to the back teeth with the double standards of the media and have been since well before 2005!

It is disingenuous and just as boring!

Gregory House M.D.

You would say that having TAKEN YOUR SHILLING.

Journo scum.

stunner20.gif

Gregory House M.D.

Oh HGW.

Will you ever win?

Oh Borthers.

I'm well aware it was a joke.

southside1874

I agree, sorry brothers your a good guy on here and it's not personal but generally as a rule the media, especially in this country, are a bunch of lying shit stirring sensationalist *******s... They make their money by talking complete shite and go in the huff when someone calls them on it... It's unbelievable

The few, who report on the facts are worth their weight in gold, none work at the sun or the been it would seem...

Saying that, a large part (-all ) of this is Hearts fault - not communication with the media is one thing, not filling the void by communicating directly is utter stupidity... We clearly have issues and pretending otherwise doesn't help

The media in this country are shocking. The only half decent paper is the Herald. I don't agree with the communication problem at Hearts but I don't think Hearts create the communication problem. As we have experienced over the last few days, a lot of these stories should have waited for conclusions before being reported on and none of them have been reported on in a good way or even an understanding way. I agree with Vlad regarding the communication because even when we did communicate with the media, it was twisted to suit the reporters agenda.

I would like to see honest reporting from the Scottish media but its never going to happen as Scottish society has too many strange divisions that can't seem to be bridged by a common interest that (only my opinion) was created to prevent Scotland becoming independent. The divide and conquer card has been played on us hook line and sinker and is still working to this day. You don't really get high profile foreigners coming to Scotland because they can't be bothered with the nonsense.

Hearts not paying players. I read someone writing that "it doesn't happen in this country, this is not Turkey or some Eastern European country" WTF is that about? My opinion is that we have players not trying and showing no improvement. They get paid good money and are sitting about picking up wages for nothing and Vlad is not making it easy for them because their efforts do not make it easy for him or his management team. They are not folk on a wage but picking up ?200k a year for little or no effort and in any other vocation they would be emptied long ago. This is bad for any team spirit and TBH its bad for their careers. The media ban may lead them to breach their contract by speaking to a reporter about their wages. It won't stop the reporter trying though.

Never realised Nile Ranger had so many relatives

(he's blaming the media for his ills too)

southside1874

I miss hearing our manager's thoughts on the radio after a game.

I enjoy reading about our club in the papers. In fact I want our manager and players to be interviewed more than anyone else because I enjoy their thoughts.

I think that press conferences are a valuable way of questioning things at a club.

I don't think we'll ever get decent coverage of the problems at the club if the media are banned.

Media bans are counter-productive and punish the fans and well meaning members of the media while riling the dicks who write crap about us to write worse and more damaging crap about us.

Banning the media, aside from a genuine and deep grievance a la The Sun on Merseyside, are ******* stupid.

What are the problems at the club though? Do you not think the media make a simple thing into a big problem? The same problems at Hearts can be found in any organisations. Folk feeling that they are not wanted happens in all walks of life. Sergio was interviewed on tv and when asked about Brines, gave his honest answer and said "he would take a lie detector test" It was reported as he wanted Brines to take a lie detector test. It was actually reported that he said Brines should take the test!!! Our source of information is through the Hearts website and that is good enough for me. Its there in print for all to see and can't be misconstrued.

I wonder how much the circulation of either the Scottish Sun or the Daily Record has dropped since our media ban?

I suspect the answer is around 0.

That'll teach them.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Couldn't give a shit about The Sun. Anyone who takes that thing seriously needs to sort themselves out.

Absolute disaster for Chris McLaughlin at the BBC though. He's had a shocker. Fair to say I'll be taking everything he ever says from now on with a pinch of roasted bawsack.

Thunderstruck

Looking forward to waking up tomorrow to hear that the Sun and BBC Scotland have retracted their stories and apologised to Mr Romanov, the Hearts support and, most importantly, JKB for causing unnecessary turmoil.

That will be just after half a dozen Miss World hopefuls deliver my breakfast in bed.

No smoke without fire?

Tell that to Chris Jefferies. :stare:

Fozzyonthefence

Why ban BBC? What did they report that has so far been proven to be incorrect?

Have the players been paid yet? No (and still no explanation why - think we all know the real reason for the media ban, don't we - feck all to do with Sergio's problems with the SFA).

Was there due to be a winding up order issued against HMFC today (well, yesterday now)? Yes.

Have some of the players been asked to find new clubs? Well, we don't really know yet do we because there has been a media ban but no doubt the truth will out soon.

BTW - SSN also now reporting that the the Hearts players were due to make an official complaint but this has been withdrawn. Should we also ban Sky for daing to suggest that the players were unhappy?

All aboard the easily offended bus or, alternatively, just grow a pair. And if you get your knickers in such a twist about what The Sun says, do what most sensible people do - don't read it, whether the paper version or online.

Fozzyonthefence

Looking forward to waking up tomorrow to hear that the Sun and BBC Scotland have retracted their stories and apologised to Mr Romanov, the Hearts support and, most importantly, JKB for causing unnecessary turmoil.

That will be just after half a dozen Miss World hopefuls deliver my breakfast in bed.

Apologise for what exactly? What in particular has been reported that you have a problem with? Are you ITK?

kennyblack'sshot

Apologise for what exactly? What in particular has been reported that you have a problem with? Are you ITK?

In the last few days alone:

"...are believed to..."

"...is said to have..."

"...according to an unamed source..."

"...ashen-faced David Southern..."

"...Templeton offered to Rangers for 500,000..."

"...winding up order..."

"...The Sun understands..."

"...players revolt..."

"...season ban for Sergio..."

"...taking case to UEFA and FIFA..."

"...Romanov losing interest..."

"...Alex Smith says..."

"...Fraser Wishart says..."

"...Paul Hartley says..."

"...strike..."

"...walkout...."

"...fear for Hearts..."

"...fire sale..."

"...players for sale..."

"...council bias..."

Meanwhile, Rangers are allowed to quietly go bust in the background.

I wonder how much the circulation of either the Scottish Sun or the Daily Record has dropped since our media ban?

I suspect the answer is around 0.

That'll teach them.

I for one occassionaly bought the Sun, not buying it again though due to their hatred of the club being made very obvious the last couple of weeks by them making up nonsense about us every few days.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Why ban BBC? What did they report that has so far been proven to be incorrect?

Have the players been paid yet? No (and still no explanation why - think we all know the real reason for the media ban, don't we - feck all to do with Sergio's problems with the SFA).

Was there due to be a winding up order issued against HMFC today (well, yesterday now)? Yes.

Have some of the players been asked to find new clubs? Well, we don't really know yet do we because there has been a media ban but no doubt the truth will out soon.

BTW - SSN also now reporting that the the Hearts players were due to make an official complaint but this has been withdrawn. Should we also ban Sky for daing to suggest that the players were unhappy?

All aboard the easily offended bus or, alternatively, just grow a pair. And if you get your knickers in such a twist about what The Sun says, do what most sensible people do - don't read it, whether the paper version or online.

Hasn't the media ban now been lifted as HMFC said it would be?

In the last few days alone:

"...are believed to..."

"...is said to have..."

"...according to an unamed source..."

"...ashen-faced David Southern..."

"...Templeton offered to Rangers for 500,000..."

"...winding up order..."

"...The Sun understands..."

"...players revolt..."

"...season ban for Sergio..."

"...taking case to UEFA and FIFA..."

"...Romanov losing interest..."

"...Alex Smith says..."

"...Fraser Wishart says..."

"...Paul Hartley says..."

"...strike..."

"...walkout...."

"...fear for Hearts..."

"...fire sale..."

"...players for sale..."

"...council bias..."

Meanwhile, Rangers are allowed to quietly go bust in the background.

The media ban has stayed in effect and The Sun newspaper seem adamant that yesterday's story on a fire sale is true.

Prepare for groundhog day guys!

I read someone writing that "it doesn't happen in this country, this is not Turkey or some Eastern European country" WTF is that about?

Re: this bit, a friend of mIne from Poland said to me a while back that it's not uncommon there to not be paid for work that you do. Some employer (like hers) just rant and say how rubbish they are and you've not done the job properly, not worth what we're paying you and they don't pay your wage. Obviously said employee leaves the job but they have had a few months free labour.

Maybe they think that's what Vlad is up to!

Archived