Time to BAN the sun and bbc from Tynie

JAYEL

This week proves these Monkeys are at it with their stories about Hearts.

They should be instantly banned from Tynecastle.

I wouldn't ban any newspapers or TV stations. Let them report what they want and ignore them.

If Hearts really want to stick it up these people then go win a cup.

Do you honestly believe they just pluck these stories out of thin air? There's no smoke without fire and the media will keep reporting on the circus as long as things keep dragging on.

The fans need to wake up and realise where the club is heading.

These sorts of statements are either plain daft or hoboistic.

The clubs not heading in any direction. It was goosed when Romanov bought it and it's goosed now. There's nowhere for it to g and there's no way back. Debts have been beyond redemption since before Robinson sold out. Get used to it if your a Hearts fan, get lost if you're a hobbit.

I'm not for banning things and have said all along that the media black-out was wrong.

As a great conductor once said (something like) "I've never read the Sun though I once trod in some" - nevertheless they should be free to cover Hearts.

BBC Scotland football coverage could be so much better (and some of that is the fault of the satellite companies controlling the pathetic home movies that are sold to us as "highlights"). Banning them is not going to improve things. I generally listen to Radio Scotland before and after every game; despite their OF obsession, having Hearts-free airwaves would make a poor product worse.

scots civil war

in the cold light of day.....would you like to sit at a so called press conference with the weedgie media?

how can you even be in the same room as those ***** who spout their propaganda on their shitty rags all the time

the club has nothing to lose

I miss hearing our manager's thoughts on the radio after a game.

I enjoy reading about our club in the papers. In fact I want our manager and players to be interviewed more than anyone else because I enjoy their thoughts.

I think that press conferences are a valuable way of questioning things at a club.

I don't think we'll ever get decent coverage of the problems at the club if the media are banned.

Media bans are counter-productive and punish the fans and well meaning members of the media while riling the dicks who write crap about us to write worse and more damaging crap about us.

Banning the media, aside from a genuine and deep grievance a la The Sun on Merseyside, are ******* stupid.

Pretty much agree with all the above - just one slight change.:rolleyes:

The media will continue to print sensationalist drivel about HMFC because that's the only way they're going to sell newspapers in the west of Scotland - does anyone in the Weege want a balanced, fair, accurate (ergo , dull) story about HMFC (or any other non OF club for that matter ) ? OF fans aren't interested in any other clubs so the press have to create the interest (create the news too ?)

I don't agree with the media ban - it makes Vlad look even more stupid than he does already (before the latest frenzy ) - and that is saying something.

I'm all in favour of the Fergie approach - journos who print lies and deliberatley try to stir the sheet get banned. For ever.

Two examples : guy from the Guardian was banned (Jim Whyte , I believe) and a guy from the Daily Mail who was called a James Hunt to his face by Fergie (for which White was banned for reporting those details). I also hear that Fergie has told one high profile journo that he is on the edge for deliberately fabricating stories about a particular player agitating for a move. Those stories ceased very quickly.

HMFC & Vlad need to be much more subtle about their approach. But, Vlad being Vlad , it ain't ever gonna happen.

Anyone who buys The Sun is a thick arsehole.

This.

Terrible cheap newspaper.

If you want a "proper" read (not just sport stuff) buy the Guardian.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

HMFC & Vlad need to be much more subtle about their approach. But, Vlad being Vlad , it ain't ever gonna happen.

To be perfectly honest, I'd prefer that they worried less about who to ban and more about encouraging sensible, informed coverage. These most recent stories about HMFC have been rumbling for a few days now - what exactly have HMFC said on the record about them? Are they ever going to say anything clear and concise or are they just going to keep quiet and let the papers roll? Which would be better for all of us supporters?

Every now and again we get statements from Romanov which might as well be in Spanish for all the ******* sense they make. Journos who write nonsense about Hearts deserve what's coming but the way our club operates encourages nonsense to be written - and, more to the point, forces writers to fill in the glaring gaps with either speculation or conjecture.

I'd hazard a guess that most football fans in this country, including hearts fans, read the sun or another red top, and believe all the shit they read. Unfortunately, this is why we need good diplomatic relations with those clowns, and Vlad's attacks only play into their hands, winding up the easily lead in the process.

If Vlad was the lead singer in a punk-rock band, this would be ideal and would boost his bad-boy image in the minds of adoring fans....................... But he isn't.

Of course there are real issues going on behind the scenes, but when the media have a personal grudge, they are inclined to magnify and catastrophise any negative story they get their hands on.

Yes it has Geoff.

Are u sure John? Have they made any official contact with any media outlets this morning or planning to do so?

john brownlee

This.

Terrible cheap newspaper.

If you want a "proper" read (not just sport stuff) buy the Guardian.

Or the Daily Mail

Archived