Jose Mourinho

Eckauskas

JOSE MOURINHO has donated his FIFA Ballon D'Or World Coach of the Year award to be auctioned in memory of Sir Bobby Robson.

Real Madrid boss Mourinho, 48, regarded Robson as his mentor after working under him at Sporting Lisbon, Porto and Barcelona.

And the prestigious trophy the Special One claimed in 2010 for his achievements at Inter Milan will now go to the highest online bidder.

Proceeds from Sir Bobby's Breakthrough Auction, which runs from October 8-23, and a charity ball in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, will be split between the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation and Breakthrough Breast Cancer.

Robson's son Mark said: "The entire family is completely astounded by this generous gift from Mr Mourinho. We are thrilled and so thankful to him.

"My dad would have been so proud by the way all the different clubs and football managers around the world are pulling together by contributing such incredible prizes."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3823268/Jose-Mourinho-donates-Ballon-DOr-in-memory-of-Sir-Bobby-Robson.html

Class act, what a truly brilliant gesture from the Special One.

I was told earlier that he threw his first Premier League winners medal into the crowd in 2005 as well.

Roy Croppers Handbag

I was told earlier that he threw his first Premier League winners medal into the crowd in 2005 as well.

He did, he was also given a second one right away and threw that in too.

Top man.

He auctioned his famous trenchcoat whilst at Chelsea and bought it back at said auction. Maybe he'll do the same here.

Brilliant guesture.

Did he not throw his Champions league winners medal at Porto into the crowd too?

Archived