Ayr United at Somerset Park -Anybody ? Who's Going

Howdy Doody Jambo

The People's Chimp

Cheers. I tend to stay away from the hearts facebook page as it is populated by utter, utter raspers.

I'd thought it would be PATG so never even looked into the ticketing situation until I noticed on this thread.

I'll be heading down from Glasgow, getting the train down and back up. Looking forward to standing to watch the Jambo's play for the first time. Could be a tough game me thinks.

The People's Chimp

I'll be heading down from Glasgow, getting the train down and back up. Looking forward to standing to watch the Jambo's play for the first time. Could be a tough game me thinks.

Should have gone to ER, Ibrox, WHL then...whistling.gif

Should have gone to ER, Ibrox, WHL then...whistling.gif

Well thinking about it now... been to Parkhead a few times and stood. But this will be the first time without a seat for half time....

Is this Newton on Ayr Station the closest one do folk think?

Well thinking about it now... been to Parkhead a few times and stood. But this will be the first time without a seat for half time....

Is this Newton on Ayr Station the closest one do folk think?

IMO yes it is. But it is really 6 and half a dozen.

What station you get off at depends what you are doing pre match, if anything.

remember guys west of scotland hearts are meeting in the ship inn ayr, 10 min walk from the ground free parking too.

why not pop along for a pint and a chat.

ship inn north harbour street

What time from mate?

netherleejambo

If you get off the train at Newton-On-Ayr (station nearest ground - just), 2 min walk will take you to the Wallace pub on Tam's Brig (smallest boozer in town but good crack) and the St Andrews Hotel, both less than a further 10min walk to Somerset Park

Just Googled the Wallace and one review sounds interesting;

"this pub is very nice, better since the owner ditched Jayne Mcdonald his ex-wife, as he is now in a better mood and this reflects in his service in the place, brighter and cheerier since she has been gone"

Might be worth a visit

I'm led to believe the stadium looks just as it did the last time I was in it, and it wasn't particularly impressive back then. Still, will be a good day out.

One of Scottish football's little ironies that the builder who redeveloped so many of our crumbling stadia in the 90s never managed to do the same for the club he owned.

The People's Chimp

Phoned up and spoke to someone at Ayr and they told me that there will be tickets for the Hearts end available in the club shop up to KO. thumbsup.gif

there's not many pubs out at somerset to be honest so anyone going by train and looking for a few pints before hand is aswell getting off at ayr rather than newton-on-ayr, in the centre and the walk is only a couple minutes longer anyway

Son Of Anarchy

Haven't been there since boxing day 1982, we won 3-0, and there was a large punch up with the locals and plod. Happy days. Going back on Weds for a trip down memory lane, should be fun.

Last time there for me too and remember it well.Funny the things and times I tend to remember these days considering I barely remember what I did last week :whistling: Gonna look up a few mates I recall being there that I havent seen in years now :thumbsup:

there's not many pubs out at somerset to be honest so anyone going by train and looking for a few pints before hand is aswell getting off at ayr rather than newton-on-ayr, in the centre and the walk is only a couple minutes longer anyway

saying that if your planning on the ship inn, newton-on-ayr is your best bet

portobellojambo1

Was a bit bored so for some reason had a look at the weather prediction for the Ayr area tomorrow night. Looks like it is going to be pissing with rain most of the late morning/afternoon, and they are forecasting either light snow/hail around kick off time.

I always thought the weather was supposed to be a little bit better in South Ayrshire than most other regions, just through geographical location.

Was a bit bored so for some reason had a look at the weather prediction for the Ayr area tomorrow night. Looks like it is going to be pissing with rain most of the late morning/afternoon, and they are forecasting either light snow/hail around kick off time.

I always thought the weather was supposed to be a little bit better in South Ayrshire than most other regions, just through geographical location.

aye you know what thought did.

snow/sleet/rain thats a summers day through here

Ok anyone confirm that there are cash tickets at Somerset? Tynie box office not convenient for me tomorrow

Club shop behind main stand at Somerset Park will be selling tickets for both sets of fans before the match

Anyone know about parking near the ground? Is the racecourse parking an option? Ta

aye 10 min walk from there plenty parking, 24 hr tescos and mcdonalds there too.

Looking forward to it. Any chance to stand on terracing whilst watching Hearts is worth taking. Shame that being a couple of hours drive away on a week night will mean that the crowd won't be great, mixed of course with the strange attitude fans have adopted to the competition.

ernie winchester

My last time at Somerset was brutal... midweek game that we had to win to avoid relegation in 1977. We drew 1-1. Tomorrow can't be worse, that's for sure!

My last time at Somerset was brutal... midweek game that we had to win to avoid relegation in 1977. We drew 1-1. Tomorrow can't be worse, that's for sure!

remember fellow jambos ship inn tonight west of scotland hearts meet and greet, kids no probs,free parking,10 min walk to ground.

ship inn north harbour street ayr :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We have around 300 tickets for the away end on sale in the Ayr United Club Shop.

These are available until from 11am today until ko by telephone sales, online or in person.

The main Ayr United FC ticket office is located within the Official Club Shop which is situated in the main car park at Somerset Park.

To pre book by telephone call 01292 263435 Ext 5 11am - 6pm.

Online @ the AUFC Store until 6pm http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/store_main.asp

All pre booked tickets should be uplifted from the Club Shop prior to kick off.

remember guys west of scotland hearts are meeting in the ship inn ayr, 10 min walk from the ground free parking too.

why not pop along for a pint and a chat.

ship inn north harbour street

Ticket just arrived , was looking for a boozer so might just have to pop in and say HELLO since i'm living in the land of nae soap

Game in doubt or not?

WOSH boys can maybe keep us updated on the weather as outside my work in EK it is horrendous with flooding and broken branches on the roads.

Game in doubt or not?

WOSH boys can maybe keep us updated on the weather as outside my work in EK it is horrendous with flooding and broken branches on the roads.

its a wee bit windy, rain has stopped though, cant see a problem regarding game.

its just a typical west coast summers day :whistling:

Game in doubt or not?

Sure it'll be fine but i am in Glasgow and the weather here is absolutely horrendous too.

Sure it'll be fine but i am in Glasgow and the weather here is absolutely horrendous too.

I live on the Southside and the sun has made an appearance.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Anybody got a bus/car with 3 spare seats urgently? In gorgie at the moment.

Try the Tynie Arms , bus leaves around 5ish

Archived