Not a fan of Sergio

Eggo

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think his tactics are poor and he sees a different game from the rest of the crowd.Also his team selection is rank rotten :down:

His tactics are good. You just don't enjoy them.

The statistics say it all buddy. His style of play is what we have been missing the past few years, If it works out its brilliant. Although i agree his team selection is rank rotten, but to be honest it has done the job so far since he took over.

We've not lost in the league since he arrived, his tactics can't be that bad. He's learning about the players, the opponents, the grounds ect and installing a new style of game.

I for one think, given time, the new style will pay dividends. Particularly with the under 18/19 players when they start improving in the style he wants the club to adopt.

I thought his team selection was rotten at first. But then realised his intention. Our pitch is small and a lot of the time wingers don't have much of an impact. Hence the reason none started. Think about it, look at the team selection at WHL. At least Sergio puts more thought into each match than MR I'm hopeless without a target man.

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

Sergio's years of managing at the top level in Portugal > some fat drunk men in their 50s who just want it hoofed and don't like Obua

Screaming for someone wide right yesterday and a striker...aye great stuff :whistling:

You're confusing entertainment for good tactics.

Screaming for someone wide right yesterday and a striker...aye great stuff :whistling:

[/quote

Away and support the wee team if you are not happy, fool.

as someone said unbeaten in 5, and so called supports like you are still moaning.

I think he's doing alright so far.

Those that don't like him shouldn't worry too much. We'll have a new manager by this time next year

We've not lost in the league since he arrived, his tactics can't be that bad. He's learning about the players, the opponents, the grounds ect and installing a new style of game.

I for one think, given time, the new style will pay dividends. Particularly with the under 18/19 players when they start improving in the style he wants the club to adopt.

Motherwell?

He's not been helped by the fact that he wasn't able to bring in the two players he wanted in the transfer window which would have helped with the kind of football he's trying to get us playing.

We're crying out for a midfielder who will come deep to get the ball off of the defence, carry it forward and make passes.

Moroviec, Black or Eggert just can't do this.

Unbeaten in 5 in the league. Won last 3 home games. 4 clean sheets.

Disgusting. Id rather get pumped every game and play with flair that use 'tactics' that win games

:seething:

Sorry, forgot them...I heard/read somewhere we had been un beaten in six games under PS and just took it for granted that it was accurate. My mistake and a lesson learned!!

SectionXpunter

I, for one, am delighted we try to keep the ball on the deck. No more sore necks at Tynecastle.

In Sergio I trust....how about you?

Napoleon  Wilson

I think his tactics are poor and he sees a different game from the rest of the crowd.Also his team selection is rank rotten :down:

W.U.M

In fact, it's a fair bet that Paulo's forgotten more about football than about 3/4s of the Tynie crowd thumbsup.gif

Agree.

This facepalm below is for the clowns booing the team when they made a pass-back yesterday while leading 1-0:

:facepalm:

I like him, I see what he's trying to do with a squad that's not his really. The work rate has improved a lot and he's getting the best out of players many on here have slagged off for seasons! 'Mon the Sergio. you have my vote. :thumbsup:

The jury's still out for me. We've played some great stuff at times but we should remember the 9 points at home came against 3 really poor sides. The next 4 fixtures could define our season IMO. We've got away with a few errors defensively where we've given possession away in bad areas, the old firm will punish us if we don't tighten up.

Agree.

This facepalm below is for the clowns booing the team when they made a pass-back yesterday while leading 1-0:

:facepalm:

I think the biggest boo was when we had a free-kick 40 yards from their goal yet somehow we still managed to involve our GK.

Passing football rather than hoof ball? not for me :ninja: Id rather watch the ball get humped long every week like it was under jeffries, and then watch nothing come of it.....Far better than passing football that is good to watch, gets us goals and wins us games :ninja:

Some people on here are thick as feck.....eggo :whistling: hannibal :whistling:

Everybody loves Baz

Sergio's years of managing at the top level in Portugal > some fat drunk men in their 50s who just want it hoofed and don't like Obua

Blogger%25252BFacebook%25252BLike%25252Bbutton.png

A segment of Craig Patersons commentary yesterday went along the lines of " Hearts should just punt the ball up the park as eventually something will come off " eh WHAT THE FECK and we wonder why our game is so pish ?

A segment of Craig Patersons commentary yesterday went along the lines of " Hearts should just punt the ball up the park as eventually something will come off " eh WHAT THE FECK and we wonder why our game is so pish ?

Craig also praised Obua for showing "wonderful skill."

:patersone:

"So what are the tactics today gaffer?"

"Get the ball, blooter it, heads down and CHHAAAAARRRRGE!!!! It's what all the successful teams do, like Wimbledon and errrr, Stoke and erm er er................

Ach shut up and do it."

Early days for me with PS, but I definitely think we are improving.

Here is the bit that is the best indication of improvement -

The last 3 games at home -

Played 3 won 3

Scored 7 conceded 0

More than that though, in all 3 games, once we got ahead we stayed ahead! Iron grip of the game that never looked like slipping.

How many times over the past few years at Tyney have we held on for dear life in the last 20 minutes of a game. One up we would be dropping deep, pumping the ball up field, losing possession -> under pressure dropping deep yada yada yada.

In fact, it's a fair bet that Paulo's forgotten more about football than about 3/4s of the Tynie crowd thumbsup.gif

If he was to forget more I'd bed his style of play would be more suited to 3/4 of the crowd. :teehee:

Come on come on. Grada Eggo is entitled to his opinion after almost fifty, yes Fifty, years supporting Hearts. PS will make us difficult to beat, he was renowned for that in Portugal. Not sure I'll be happy with it in a year or so unless it brings BIG results. So far so good though.

Oh how I laugh at the trumpets who live on here,no opinions allowed unless you drink in Diggers with all those studenty fannys.

I will however continue to voice my opinion hopefully rousing yous up to the point of frenzy :thumbsup:

Passing football rather than hoof ball? not for me :ninja: Id rather watch the ball get humped long every week like it was under jeffries, and then watch nothing come of it.....Far better than passing football that is good to watch, gets us goals and wins us games :ninja:

Some people on here are thick as feck.....eggo :whistling: hannibal :whistling:

Thick as feck you say?? All this talk of 'hoofball' makes you sound like a hobo tramp.

Some folk have short memories, it was less than a year ago we were playing some terrific stuff under JJ with Temps and Skacel terrorising defences. I'd be astonished if we managed a run of 31 points from 33 this season.

Got to give the guy a chance.I'm sure he will know exactly what players he needs and Mr Romanov will be more than happy to provide the funds for this.

Got to give the guy a chance.I'm sure he will know exactly what players he needs and Mr Romanov will be more than happy to provide the funds for this.

Hope so but if thats the case why did we not strengthen before the end of the transfer window?

Eh....naw.

He identified 5 players he wanted and nothing happened.

SACK SERGIO I SAY :thumbsup: And I should know being an expert tactician.

Well that's just a rubbish troll. Sad times.

:(

Hope so but if thats the case why did we not strengthen before the end of the transfer window?

Maybe he wanted the give the current squad until Christmas to prove themselves?

Eh....naw.

He identified 5 players he wanted and nothing happened.

Who were the 5? Not doubting you just wondering.

Maybe he wanted the give the current squad until Christmas to prove themselves?

Who were the 5? Not doubting you just wondering.

I don't know.

Archived