Joey Barton

Gigolo-Aunt

On Goals on Sunday with a Bob Dylan T Shirt on.

Tweeting Smith lyrics, talking about Leonard Cohen and Nick Drake.

That laddie knows the score.

thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif

joey-barton_2001342c.jpg

thumbsup.gif

Just when I thought the horrible little fecker could not go lower in my estimation, then he trumps it. devil-smiley-029.gif

This is quality TV. So refreshing to hear a football player not giving bog standard answers and telling it how he actually feels.

You cant polish a turd and you certainly cant buy class.

The fact that he has cleaned up his act abit, trying to be all intelligent on Twitter and now people are saying what a guy he is makes me cringe.

The fact that he has cleaned up his act abit, trying to be all intelligent on Twitter and now people are saying what a guy he is makes me cringe.

Cringe away, Roy.

Oh Joey Joey Joey, what did ya do.

thumbsup.gif

This is quality TV. So refreshing to hear a football player not giving bog standard answers and telling it how he actually feels.

It's outstanding. Refusing to remember Karl Henrys' name and calling him Calvin :lol:

I agree. Easily the best interview I've seen with a professional footballer!

if i mentally snip out the first 25 years on joey barton's life i think he'd just about be my favourite non-hearts player.

Well those words above, sum it all up for me. annoyed.gif

The 3-0 gesture and the kiss to the wolves fans on match of the day was top class!

His assault on a fellow human being however wasnt.

You can polish a turd. :thumbsup:

See.

Football desperately needs guys like Barton.It keeps it interesting and more importantly,stokes passions,can't lose that or the game is done!

Loved the piece in the Guardian a few weeks back.One quote,after falling out with some England players was the buisness.As Barton sat down at a table where F Lampard was sitting,Lampard got up and moved.Barton shouted after him "Don't worry i'm not going to eat your dinner ya fat p***k!" :thumbsup:

Football desperately needs guys like Barton.It keeps it interesting and more importantly,stokes passions,can't lose that or the game is done!

Stabbing a cigarette out on someone's eye though is taking the Passion too far though.:)

The guy is a prick but an entertaining one so far this season.

Used to hate the little pwick but he is going up in my estimations. The interview was open and Henry will be fuming! Every imterview I see with him seems to show a more likeable side. He seems to have done a lot of growing up.

I like him. I know he comes with lots of baggage, but I love the fact he doesn't seem to give two hoots. Far too much cowtowing etc in football

Can you imagine though if he had ever come to us. I know there were daft rumours circulating years ago. He'd be lucky to last 10 mins on the pitch up here with us.

Seymour M Hersh

Hes still a complete ned, I seen the video of one of his assaults, tbh he shouldn't be allowed on the football pitch

What a load of crap.

He got punished for that. You'll be one of the jokers he'll be sticking two fingers up at no doubt, and rightly so.

I never cared for him tbh but after listening to him I thought he came over really well. I've warmed to him.

Seems we're just supposed to forget his history in past seasons (and even this season) just because he has become a bit media savvy and is now pandering to the great British public.

Yep comes over well but still a nasty person who thinks only of himself -- nonsense about willing to take less money etc -- funny how he signed for a club that are paying him more.

He is a good player but nothing more and carries baggage wherever he goes -- if he was my team mate I would be mightily p... off for all the crap he causes and the problems he gives to his club -- just selfish and thinks everyone elese doesn't care as much as him because they don't scream, shout and fall down at the slightest touch.

thumbsup.gif

People trying hard to appear "deep". :vrface:

Seems we're just supposed to forget his history in past seasons (and even this season) just because he has become a bit media savvy and is now pandering to the great British public.

Yep comes over well but still a nasty person who thinks only of himself -- nonsense about willing to take less money etc -- funny how he signed for a club that are paying him more.

He is a good player but nothing more and carries baggage wherever he goes -- if he was my team mate I would be mightily p... off for all the crap he causes and the problems he gives to his club -- just selfish and thinks everyone elese doesn't care as much as him because they don't scream, shout and fall down at the slightest touch.

He is on a better wage as there was no transfer fee involved between Newcastle and QPR.

You only had to see the reaction from the Newcastle players last Monday (before and after the game) to see how popular he is.

jack D and coke

He is on a better wage as there was no transfer fee involved between Newcastle and QPR.

You only had to see the reaction from the Newcastle players last Monday (before and after the game) to see how popular he is.

The guy is an arse but you can see if he played for your club he'd be your favourite player. He can play a bit too. Incredible bit of business on a free.

Shaun Wright Phillips for ?3m is another absolute steal. Fantastic little player.

I think he is brilliant! It's a huge difference to see footballers call it like it is, instead of hiding behind cliches & club statements!!

He makes football entertaining, his reaction to the wolves fans yesterday was a clear example of this.

Give me JB ahead of a sooky FCUK like GL any day of the week!!! Just wish we could afford him.........

It's outstanding. Refusing to remember Karl Henrys' name and calling him Calvin :lol:

When Wolves play at QPR later this season I hope Henry takes some cigars and Big Macs and hands them out - with some protective eye wear, That should shut the Scouse fker up.

tartofmidlothian

Used to hate the little pwick but he is going up in my estimations. The interview was open and Henry will be fuming! Every imterview I see with him seems to show a more likeable side. He seems to have done a lot of growing up.

And quit the booze, that'll be the main factor.

Didn't see the Newcastle game - what was the reaction like?

Clip of Goals On Sunday here, top marks for plain speaking at least. In five years he'll be the new Robbie Savage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMUGTDn6EFg

You can actually eat turd burgers.

See video;

On the 5 live podcast this morning it was reported that he apparently responded to the wolves players 'I'm on 80k a week' ... All class, and apparently QPR have now banned him giving interviews, bit of a shame when he was on 606 after going down very easily from the tap on the face against arsnal he was refreshingly honest, he may will be a thug and a Pratt but he at least has the balls to say it how it is

Listen to all the Sunday post readers on here, "oh his past" away and lie in your pish. We all have a past, and have at some point, done something bad. I appreciate he is a bit of a marmite character, but the old holier than thou brigade really do get on my tits.

Listen to all the Sunday post readers on here, "oh his past" away and lie in your pish. We all have a past, and have at some point, done something bad. I appreciate he is a bit of a marmite character, but the old holier than thou brigade really do get on my tits.

Aye, like letting your mates down, cheating or getting into the odd fight etc, not the stuff he has done.

Aye, like letting your mates down, cheating or getting into the odd fight etc, not the stuff he has done.

Thats your opinion, people make mistakes, the over the top hysteria is laugable to me.

thumbsup.gif

What Smiths lyrics G-A?

He's a hypocritical *******, going on about Karl Henry deliberately trying to hurt people when he's done much, much worse to people who don'k get paid ?80k a week to take bad tackles.

Just because he can quote you favourite song/philosopher/artist doesn't mean he isn't a horrible little prick. He's basically moved from physical violence to verbal abuse from the comfort of his computer - the ultimate keyboard warrior :)

Wolvess-Karl-Henry-tackle-007.jpg

Look how happy Henry looks. He clearly knows he is doing the right thing, what others would do if they were fortunate enough to be in his position. He's probably figuring out where he will put his Nobel Prize and MBE.

Joey Barton might have a music T Shirt and a quotations dictionary, but that doesn't stop him from being a horrible wee scumbag.

Archived