***** Official Hearts v St Midden Match Thread *****

Chris Benoit

By decent I meant slightly better than dross like St Bribery and the vermin.

Be interesting to see how we cope when we go behind. It seems to me the team only start playing with a bit of confidence and drive once we take the lead.

We went behind last week.

Things changed when Mehdi was brought on.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Motherwell: flaky, under-resourced and miles off what they were, say, only four seasons ago.

Kilmarnock: flaky, always liable to leak goals, and I think they'll slump mid-season.

Dundee United: considerably worse than last year, no money, and steadily going backwards.

We might end up 3rd by default at this rate. There's no competition at all by the looks of things.

I think we'll scrap all the way to third place. PS is making us hard to beat, but I don't think we'll get third by default. It will be hard fought in my opinion.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

So we did Arnold, well remembered. :thumbsup:

ICT could have scored another couple straight after their goal though. We were lucky to still be in the game.

I would rather we didnt play Mrowiec, Obua, Black, but we won so I'll take it. But we have already dropped points we perhaps could have gained with a more adventurous and dare I say talented team selection.

We are a workmanlike side right now, yet have talent like Mehdi, Temps, Novi, Rudi, Suso, Robinson and Driver if fit.

I thought St. Mirren looked a better team than previous visits.

Teale and Goodwin were decent in the middle.

Thompson not as problematic as I thought he would be but tricky nonetheless.

Hasslebaink looked a constant danger, pleased when he was subbed.

ICT could have scored another couple straight after their goal though. We were lucky to still be in the game.

I would rather we didnt play Mrowiec, Obua, Black, but we won so I'll take it. But we have already dropped points we perhaps could have gained with a more adventurous and dare I say talented team selection.

We are a workmanlike side right now, yet have talent like Mehdi, Temps, Novi, Rudi, Suso, Robinson and Driver if fit.

That last bit is the difference between what we are now and what we were under Laszlo. We have players to change things if needs be. Folks need to calm down a bit.

I think because of the suddeness of the managerial change we expect an instant change on the park, suppose even more so when Sergio has expressed a desire to change the philosophy.

Perhaps it's no surprise our support are impatience in many ways reflecting the ways of the top man Mr Romanov but a decision was made to try, as little as we may believe it just now, and challenge the old firm for the title. Now looking at who won the Spl title for the last 3 seasons and more importantly who didn't then perhaps 'flair football' ain't the way to win it.

So I suppose were going to have to put up with it or risk sounding like fecking hobos.

Waffle over.

If we played a bunch of wingers and Robinson today I think this much improved St Mirren team would beat us. Hasselbaink, Teale and McGowan are very challenging opposition and Goodwin is bossing midfields just now.

It's not an exciting team selection, but I believe it is the right one for the game. We need to grind out wins as we're not playing with much fluidity, yet.

Some sanity at last. It never ceases to amaze me how little football knowledge a fair minority of our fans have, but if you want proof just read a match thread, and especially the first 2 or 3 pages when the team selection is being "discussed" .

Some of the comments really do beggar belief and show why we have become such a backwater in this country, in a football sense.

Put it this way, when it comes to patience it is not Vlad i'm worried about.

Rudi and Temps would rip this lot to shreds

Get the subs on ya mug!

There are a few mugs on here but the manager isn't one of them.

Libertonian_II

Whatever their previous performances were like, st liedown were cack today.

Had PS been a little more flair minded we might have won more convincingly. Skacel and Smith must be wondering how Elliott stayed on the park so long and then gave way to Sutton.

And Black must be teacher's pet at the moment....

Some sanity at last. It never ceases to amaze me how little football knowledge a fair minority of our fans have, but if you want proof just read a match thread, and especially the first 2 or 3 pages when the team selection is being "discussed" .

Some of the comments really do beggar belief and show why we have become such a backwater in this country, in a football sense.

Put it this way, when it comes to patience it is not Vlad i'm worried about.

Can't comment for anyone else but my issue with the team was that 8 of the starting XI today contributed practically jack shit in Inverness the previous week so I expected to see more than just Medhi coming in

Fair play though if you look at some of the better performers today they were guys who didn't turn up last week

Archived