Man U report record profit

Bert Le Clos

BBC Sport reporting Man U declared a record ?110.9million operating profit for last year. Debt is down to ?308.3million, which is still a huge amount, but down ?72.6million from the previous year.

Manchester United reports ?110.9m operating profit

With only City looking like matching their pace early on, and with Ferguson still having a reported ?30-40million to spend if needed, the other teams and some posters on here who predicted lack of success, players being sold and Utd going bust now sounds a bit Hobo-esque......

Still nowhere near Barce though. so they'll have to make do with only dominating the English game for a few more years I suppose.

BBC Sport reporting Man U declared a record ?110.9million operating profit for last year. Debt is down to ?308.3million, which is still a huge amount, but down ?72.6million from the previous year.

With only City looking like matching their pace early on, and with Ferguson still having a reported ?30-40million to spend if needed, the other teams and some posters on here who predicted lack of success, players being sold and Utd going bust now sounds a bit Hobo-esque......

Still nowhere near Barce though. so they'll have to make do with only dominating the English game for a few more years I suppose.

The Glaziers are going to make an absolute mint out of Man U one day.

Although maybe if they hadn't saddled the club with so much debt at the start - remembering Man U was debt free club when they bought them over - at least 2 more European Cups might be sitting in the Man U trophy cabinet - and Chelsea with a couple less EPLs, if any.

Although maybe if they hadn't saddled the club with so much debt at the start - remembering Man U was debt free club when they bought them over - at least 2 more European Cups might be sitting in the Man U trophy cabinet - and Chelsea with a couple less EPLs, if any.

To this day the way the Glazers financed their take over of Man Utd baffles me.

Although maybe if they hadn't saddled the club with so much debt at the start - remembering Man U was debt free club when they bought them over - at least 2 more

European Cups might be sitting in the Man U trophy cabinet - and Chelsea with a couple less EPLs, if any.

And were allowed to.

I think the proof is in the pudding, so to speak.

They obviously had a business plan to begin with and it is proving to be very successful. With their plans to sell off ?600million of preferred shares while retaining control of the club and the apparent interest from the middle East, it appears as of they will eventually make the club debt free again and make a healthy return on their investment.

Actually quite close to Barca's last reported Turnover of ?350

As for dominating the English game the combination of Manchester United's ownership needing to take money out to pay the money that the Glazers needed to borrow to pay the previous owners with the injection of cash from the owners of Chelsea and Manchester City who are willing to run huge losses means that the three clubs are competing on relatively even financial terms with each of them effectively having about a quarter of a billion available.

Last Figures I could find:

United: ?334m-?81m=?253m

City: ?125m+?121m=?246m

Chelsea: ?206m+?70m=?276m

How is the Green and Gold shite protest going?

Manure being blatant in their Sellick links eh? ;)

Norwich must be spewing. :ninja:

How is the Green and Gold shite protest going?

Manure being blatant in their Sellick links eh? ;)

Norwich must be spewing. :ninja:

Bin dippers trying their hardest to play down the obvious affiliation Liverpool have with ra Sellik.

Not gonna work, though :thumbsup:

Bin dippers trying their hardest to play down the obvious affiliation Liverpool have with ra Sellik.

Not gonna work, though :thumbsup:

Aye, totally.. :rolleyes:

:D

I'm not so sure you know.

I don't think under the Magneir and McManus regime Man U would have spent any more than they have under the Glazers. And look at the sides they've lost too; under Mourinho Chelsea were unbelievable in the Premier League, and the side Man U have lost 2 European Cups to are generally considered to be one of the best sides ever.

They also moved a step closer today to raising an estimated $1 billion (?633 million) by listing its shares on the Singapore stock exchange.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-14945421

And thats legal income under the financial fair play rules and not having bend them with dodgy stadium sponsorships

And thats legal income under the financial fair play rules and not having bend them with dodgy stadium sponsorships

Now, if I understand the FFP properly, the likes of City and Chelsea will have to cut back their wage bill and spending due to their constant losses, whereas United are free to spend as they please because it's covered by their income.

Now, if I understand the FFP properly, the likes of City and Chelsea will have to cut back their wage bill and spending due to their constant losses, whereas United are free to spend as they please because it's covered by their income.

Pretty much as it is Eck....

But with the 'Sponsorship' deals...what's the point? Loopholes etc.

Reports suggest the Qatari royal family buying next week.

Yeah it was mentioned on Talksport this morning, apparently they have a fortune of ?290Billion! :o

Pretty much as it is Eck....

But with the 'Sponsorship' deals...what's the point? Loopholes etc.

Only so many things you can sponsor though.

The bottomless pit of money at Stamford Bridge and Wastelands is soon to be filled in.

Only so many things you can sponsor though.

The bottomless pit of money at Stamford Bridge and Wastelands is soon to be filled in.

I agree excessive spending needs to stop,but this financial fair play thing will only make the cartel that is European football worse, the rich teams will get richer and the poor teams will get poorer.... There will be no hope for any non champions league teams of ever making a sig io any breakthrough without private investment

Archived