how long to drive to Ayr?

the general

Trying to leave as late as poss to allow folk to get to Tynie Arms after their work,how long do you reckon it will take?

2 hours roughly

and use the new road if its rush hour.

Been roped into going by my son ...I was forgetting how close to America Ayr actually was.

Dad of the Year ..... fact :rolleyes:

mahgrassyshoes

I'd just like to reiterate that everyone should use the M74. I've used it 5 or 6 times at rush hour and there has never been any conjestion. It also leads straight onto the M77. I imagine most will break the 2 hour mark, but I'd allow 2 hours in case of any problems.

Might need a seat on said bus.

What time are you talking about leaving - 5.30-5.45?

I think we will have to say 5.30 and deffo be on the road by 5.45

I'd just like to reiterate that everyone should use the M74. I've used it 5 or 6 times at rush hour and there has never been any conjestion. It also leads straight onto the M77. I imagine most will break the 2 hour mark, but I'd allow 2 hours in case of any problems.

getting out of Edinburgh is the killer :-(

Better call Saul

When we headed to killie a motorway just after east kilbride was closed so were diverted into no mans land and missed the kick off

Might need a seat on said bus.

What time are you talking about leaving - 5.30-5.45?

5.30 sharpish lad

the official bus leaves then too so we should be fine

willie wallace

Any idea how much the tickets are?Had a look on the club website and not sure if they know we are playing at Ayr,can't see it mentioned anywhere.Thought they could have given the under 19 game against Celtic a bit publicity as well.

Any idea how much the tickets are?Had a look on the club website and not sure if they know we are playing at Ayr,can't see it mentioned anywhere.Thought they could have given the under 19 game against Celtic a bit publicity as well.

they are both on the OS mate have another look

Tickets are ?15 for adults and ?8 consessions

FWIW I do this trip in reverse for most home games at Tynie and normally manage it in about 1hr 15mins. Would add that's

by car and not usually around rush hour though reckon by coach should still be under the 2hr mark

willie wallace

they are both on the OS mate have another look

I must be looking in the wrong place General.It is not on the first team fixture list and the ticket info section jumps from the St.Mirren game to St.johnstone game.Or maybe i should just put my specs on.

I must be looking in the wrong place General.It is not on the first team fixture list and the ticket info section jumps from the St.Mirren game to St.johnstone game.Or maybe i should just put my specs on.

lol to be fair mate its not that easy to see

go into the news homepage and look at the update for the 13th September

willie wallace

lol to be fair mate its not that easy to see

go into the news homepage and look at the update for the 13th September

Cheers,got there in the end.

Cheers,got there in the end.

glad to help bud I usually miss these things as well but had seen it on the FB site so knew it was there .. somewhere

Just to re-iterate use the new M74, always free, even at that time in the evening.

No way will it take you 2 hours, I do it often in 1 hour 15, but give a little time for rush-hour on the M77 outta Glasgow

Just to re-iterate use the new M74, always free, even at that time in the evening.

No way will it take you 2 hours, I do it often in 1 hour 15, but give a little time for rush-hour on the M77 outta Glasgow

They 50 mph cameras at the end of the 77 as you approach Ayr. Do they work?

Better call Saul

NOthing like the buzz of getting on a supporters bus on the way to a game ...coming back is debatable lol depends on the result

They 50 mph cameras at the end of the 77 as you approach Ayr. Do they work?

My dad has been done by them but I never have

Anyone leaving from Glasgow?

Best bet from Glasgow would be the train as ayr station is only a ten minute walk from somerset

Will back this up don't go anywhere near the Kingston Bridge. In a Car I use A70/71 but for a coach use the new road.

The M8 is nose to tail from hermiston to livi,then usually lucky if u hit 40 all the way to Bellshill.Speeds up after that ,slows (via m74) start M77 to silverburn.

Average speed cameras after Kilmarnock -50mph to prestwick roundabout

They then go upto 60 mph all the way to Ayr.

Will def be close to two hours going through .

J Cheever Loophole

I'll head along the M9 then onto the M786,M80,M73,M74 onto the M77.The next door neighbour drives down to his floosie every week and says that it should take no longer than 1hr30.

The M8 is nose to tail from hermiston to livi,then usually lucky if u hit 40 all the way to Bellshill.Speeds up after that ,slows (via m74) start M77 to silverburn.

Average speed cameras after Kilmarnock -50mph to prestwick roundabout

They then go upto 60 mph all the way to Ayr.

Will def be close to two hours going through .

This. You can do 1hr 15 on a Sunday at 1.30pm but thats with a car and on your own without having to wait on folk and knowing where to park. That last 10 miles to prestwick roundabout seems to take forever...Some of the locals drive down that 77 road like crazy though.

I remember our bus broke down in the middle of knowhere on the way home one cold and miserable winter midweek night.

Ayr United away

Ah the good old days before mobiles

:)

Best bet from Glasgow would be the train as Ayr station is only a ten minute walk from somerset

Even better if the train stops at Newton-on-Ayr as this is even closer to Somerset, but not all services stop here.

Also from Glasgow it takes just over an hour to Ayr but feels so much longer as there is a ridiculous amount of stops literally feels like every two mins.

The last service back is 23:00.

Archived