UEFA Cup

Harry Palmer

PAOK v Spurs is on ESPN for those that don't fancy Stoke.

When does that kick off?

This starts in 5mins...

Watching Dinamo Kiev vs Stoke on ITV4. Co-commentator Lou Macari is referring to the Stoke striker as "Cameron Jones". He should get a job with Radio Scotland.

Watching Dinamo Kiev vs Stoke on ITV4. Co-commentator Lou Macari is referring to the Stoke striker as "Cameron Jones". He should get a job with Radio Scotland.

Also Carwyn Jones....wee nyaff. ninja.gif

...a bit disco

Are you guys sure he's not on about Cameron Jerome?

Who has just scored!

1-0 Stoke.

Fecking missed the Kiev equaliser.... :verymad:

Sky+ HD box means I can rewind it and watch it again.

And again.

:smuggy:

It's pissing me off a bit that Spurs don't really care about this competition and are playing a second team. Fair enough if that team's good enough but they were lucky not to lose that match.

The thing is they papped us out in 5 minutes with their proper team purely because they needed it as an EPL warm-up (Another reason to hate the rioters). Now that they have emptied the team that would have given everything in the tournament (Hearts) they revert to playing their second string. It doesn't sit right.

I know they were purely serving their own purposes and that's their prerogative but I still don't like it.

It's pissing me off a bit that Spurs don't really care about this competition and are playing a second team. Fair enough if that team's good enough but they were lucky not to lose that match.

The thing is they papped us out in 5 minutes with their proper team purely because they needed it as an EPL warm-up (Another reason to hate the rioters). Now that they have emptied the team that would have given everything in the tournament (Hearts) they revert to playing their second string. It doesn't sit right.

I know they were purely serving their own purposes and that's their prerogative but I still don't like it.

I don't see the point in competing all season to get into this competition, only to not give a **** about it when you're actually there.

I don't see the point in competing all season to get into this competition, only to not give a **** about it when you're actually there.

Personally, I think it's really disrespectful to publicly slate the competition as well as fielding reserve sides. I'm pretty annoyed (yet unsurprised) that no-one in the English media gives Harry pelters for it. 2 seasons out of 3 him and his players have been whinging about how much of a nuisance the Europa League is. Well forego your place and let someone who actually wants to compete in then you whinging bassas. angry.gif

Really enjoying the Birmingham game. The Nathan Redmond looks pretty decent - and will no doubt get the 20 million price tag from the Engerlish media.

Personally, I think it's really disrespectful to publicly slate the competition as well as fielding reserve sides. I'm pretty annoyed (yet unsurprised) that no-one in the English media gives Harry pelters for it. 2 seasons out of 3 him and his players have been whinging about how much of a nuisance the Europa League is. Well forego your place and let someone who actually wants to compete in then you whinging bassas. angry.gif

'arry is the next England national team manager.... all good. :teehee:

Radioactive Mince

Totally agree.

These clubs try hardest for the biggest monetary prizes nowadays, convincing themselves and their supporters that 4th or 5th in the league is more prestigious than winning the Yoofa Cup.

Sickening.

Totally agree.

These clubs try hardest for the biggest monetary prizes nowadays, convincing themselves and their supporters that 4th or 5th in the league is more prestigious than winning the Yoofa Cup.

Sickening.

Pretty much all European competition is pretty meangingless except the knock-out stages of the Champions League.

The "Europa League" is now the equivalent of the Tennents Sixes, and the Champions League groups stages are just a series of glamour friendlies for the most part.

A few years back, a Barca v Milan group clash would have given me a full-blown hard-on. Now it barely registers a twitch.

It's a sad, sad state of affairs. When you have mid-table Premiership teams resting players in FA Cup ties, you know that there is something fundamentally wrong.

Pretty much all European competition is pretty meangingless except the knock-out stages of the Champions League.

The "Europa League" is now the equivalent of the Tennents Sixes, and the Champions League groups stages are just a series of glamour friendlies for the most part.

A few years back, a Barca v Milan group clash would have given me a full-blown hard-on. Now it barely registers a twitch.

It's a sad, sad state of affairs. When you have mid-table Premiership teams resting players in FA Cup ties, you know that there is something fundamentally wrong.

Absolutely this.

Its actually a bit of a shame - I quite enjoy watching the Europa league games tbh, probably moreso than watching the same old teams over and over in the Champions League.

why do we watch football at all then?

Except for hearts games, I rarely do. The entertainment levels are almost nil.

Archived