4 Hearts players in the Scotland under 19 Squad

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

The Scotland Under 19 squad for European Under-19 Championship qualifying round has just been announced. Hearts have four players in the squad of 18, Jack Hamilton, Jason Holt, Callum Tapping and David Smith. Hearts and Celtic have the most players in the squad with 4 each, Aberdeen have 3, Rangers only have 1 and Hibs have none.

Good luck to the players

Scotland squad

Goalkeepers

Jordan Archer (Tottenham Hotspur)

Jack Hamilton (Heart of Midlothian)

Defenders

Liam Caddis (St Johnstone)

Marcus Fraser (Celtic)

Jack Grimmer (Aberdeen)

Fraser Kerr (Birmingham City)

Kyle McAusland (Rangers)

Clark Robertson (Aberdeen)

Midfielders

Jack Blake (Nottingham Forest)

Fraser Fyvie (Aberdeen)

Jason Holt (Heart of Midlothian)

Jackson Irvine (Celtic)

Callum McGregor (Celtic)

Callum Tapping (Heart of Midlothian)

Forwards

Leighton McIntosh (Dundee)

Rory McKenzie (Kilmarnock)

David Smith (Heart of Midlothian)

Anthony Watt (Celtic)

The Scotland Under 19 squad for European Under-19 Championship qualifying round has just been announced. Hearts have four players in the squad of 18, Jack Hamilton, Jason Holt, Callum Tapping and David Smith. Hearts and Celtic have the most players in the squad with 4 each, Aberdeen have 3, Rangers only have 1 and Hibs have none.

Good luck to the players

Scotland squad

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Marcus Fraser (Celtic)

Jack Grimmer (Aberdeen)

Kyle McAusland (Rangers)

Midfielders

Fraser Fyvie (Aberdeen)

Jackson Irvine (Celtic)

Callum McGregor (Celtic)

Forwards

Anthony Watt (Celtic)

Good to hear :thumbsup:

Good luck to the players

Scotland squad

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Marcus Fraser (Celtic)

Jack Grimmer (Aberdeen)

Kyle McAusland (Rangers)

Midfielders

Fraser Fyvie (Aberdeen)

Jackson Irvine (Celtic)

Callum McGregor (Celtic)

Forwards

Anthony Watt (Celtic)

Did David Smith come through the ranks or did we sign him JiG? He really impressed me against Aiberdeen but I don't remember seeing or hearing about him previously.

jamboinglasgow

Did David Smith come through the ranks or did we sign him JiG? He really impressed me against Aiberdeen but I don't remember seeing or hearing about him previously.

He has been at Hearts for a quite a few years, think it may be from the start.

Always been impressed by him. Good technique, dribbling & passing. Got a good attitude & workrate too

thats how it should be, Hearts players in the Heart of the Scotland squads,

to think it was only a few years ago when we had, Pressley, Gordon,Hartley in the first team,

Hibs representation seems about right to me. In response to another poster, when Scotland had Pressley, Gordon, Hartley and Webster in the side, they competed favourably with World Cup finalists.

Just a caution to some folk. Hibs do have some decent U19 players this season, particularly up font with Caldwell, Addison and Handling. From the teams that I've seen thus far it will be Hearts, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs and maybe Rangers fighting it out. We've beaten Rangers and Aberdeen already, so its looking like we will be there or thereabouts this season.

Good luck to the players

Scotland squad

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Marcus Fraser (Celtic)

Jack Grimmer (Aberdeen)

Kyle McAusland (Rangers)

Midfielders

Fraser Fyvie (Aberdeen)

Jackson Irvine (Celtic)

Callum McGregor (Celtic)

Forwards

Anthony Watt (Celtic)

Surely that must be a mistake, we are forever being told that they have a conveyor belt full of talent tthat will provide talent for years to come :whistling: :whistling:

We_are_the_Hearts

Non Hearts I know, but what's happened to Islam Feruz? Is he not involved at this level yet?

Wondered this as well. We are really poor at fast tracking our best talent in this country.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Cheers JiG. Seems such a big step up from this level to the first team nowadays. I would love us to produce a top striker or central midfielder from the ranks soon. We seem to do quite well for wingers and defenders and keepers but it feels like an age since we produced a top striker.

jamboinglasgow

Cheers JiG. Seems such a big step up from this level to the first team nowadays. I would love us to produce a top striker or central midfielder from the ranks soon. We seem to do quite well for wingers and defenders and keepers but it feels like an age since we produced a top striker.

I do think that is why PS is gettting the under 19 players to improve the physique (as mentioned on another thread they are now doing more weight training and getting individual diet plans.) If they can become a level that is about the same as the average first team SPL player then I think you will see quite a few making the step-up, part of me wonders if that is the reason why we keep playing Black and Mrowiec at the moment, as he is building up some of the more technical fringe players to be ready to step in but at the moment needs both of Black and Mrowiec until the others are ready. Also I would love to see Jason Holt when after this new training has taken shape, quite exciting.

As for Strikers we have a few in the under 19s at the moment who could do well, we will just have to see how they develop, and hope when they start playing and if they start doing well no one puts the dreaded "new Robbo" tag on them, as that can seem like the kiss of death for any young Hearts striker.

Non Hearts I know, but what's happened to Islam Feruz? Is he not involved at this level yet?

He has signed for Chelsea. I'd imagine he won't be far of under 19 level.

I do think that is why PS is gettting the under 19 players to improve the physique (as mentioned on another thread they are now doing more weight training and getting individual diet plans.) If they can become a level that is about the same as the average first team SPL player then I think you will see quite a few making the step-up, part of me wonders if that is the reason why we keep playing Black and Mrowiec at the moment, as he is building up some of the more technical fringe players to be ready to step in but at the moment needs both of Black and Mrowiec until the others are ready. Also I would love to see Jason Holt when after this new training has taken shape, quite exciting.

As for Strikers we have a few in the under 19s at the moment who could do well, we will just have to see how they develop, and hope when they start playing and if they start doing well no one puts the dreaded "new Robbo" tag on them, as that can seem like the kiss of death for any young Hearts striker.

You can give young players individual diet plans etc but a lot will depend on their mentality and willingness to take it all on board.

Some of our young players have made remarks about eating shall we say less than nutritional food on twitter. Hardly crime of the century, but you just wonder if they are willing to make these relatively small sacrifices in order to give themselves every opportunity to really make it as a professional footballer.

jamboinglasgow

Is Tapping already a regular at international level? Pleasing if he is. Well done the jambo quartet.

He was in a few under 19 squads before Hearts signed him.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm all for that. I sometimes think that many a good well trained footballer comes through our ranks but has the ability and desire to play the right way knocked out of him by the archaic and dull stodginess of a league that steers players towards the physical rather than beautiful side of our game.

I would love to believe that PS persists with Black and Mrowiec because he is waiting for Holt and co to develop and step in to their shoes... I really would like that however... I fear that he wanted to bring in a couple of players of his own but Hearts never sanctioned the deals in time. Whether these new signings would have been competing with Black and Mrowiec for a place or whether they would have been competing with Holt and Denis is another question though I suppose. I actually think PS really likes Black, he seems to have a lot of faith in him and he has had a fair bit of praise for him already since he came in.

I really wish we had a reserve league as guys like Holt, Robinson and Denis could really use that stepping stone right now. Coming up against guys over 19 that have been regulars in first team SPL squads would help their development more than bounce games or the odd 15 minutes here and there in the SPL.

This striker in the Scotland U19s? Just how good could he be? Are we looking at a similar potential impact to the other Smith or is he a class above that?

jamboinglasgow

I'm all for that. I sometimes think that many a good well trained footballer comes through our ranks but has the ability and desire to play the right way knocked out of him by the archaic and dull stodginess of a league that steers players towards the physical rather than beautiful side of our game.

I would love to believe that PS persists with Black and Mrowiec because he is waiting for Holt and co to develop and step in to their shoes... I really would like that however... I fear that he wanted to bring in a couple of players of his own but Hearts never sanctioned the deals in time. Whether these new signings would have been competing with Black and Mrowiec for a place or whether they would have been competing with Holt and Denis is another question though I suppose. I actually think PS really likes Black, he seems to have a lot of faith in him and he has had a fair bit of praise for him already since he came in.

I really wish we had a reserve league as guys like Holt, Robinson and Denis could really use that stepping stone right now. Coming up against guys over 19 that have been regulars in first team SPL squads would help their development more than bounce games or the odd 15 minutes here and there in the SPL.

This striker in the Scotland U19s? Just how good could he be? Are we looking at a similar potential impact to the other Smith or is he a class above that?

Some good points, also raises the question what is happening with Denis as it has been very quiet and I don't think i have seen him on the bench. Be a shame of he is not rated by Paulo, or that he is hanging around where it would be better to go on loan for a month or two to get match time.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Jack Hamilton has the potential to be a top keeper for us in a few years time.

The same was said about McDonald, Thorarsson (sp?), Lyness and the lad on loan at East Fife (?)... Does he show the potential that Gordon showed at that age or will he be another one who inexplicably seems to lose his way somewhat?

The same was said about McDonald, Thorarsson (sp?), Lyness and the lad on loan at East Fife (?)... Does he show the potential that Gordon showed at that age or will he be another one who inexplicably seems to lose his way somewhat?

I think he will make the grade. His brother Colin is a left back and just signed a new one year deal but I can't see him having a future at Hearts if I'm being honest.

jamboinglasgow

I think he will make the grade. His brother Colin is a left back and just signed a new one year deal but I can't see him having a future at Hearts if I'm being honest.

Sadly I think your correct, I do think there will be a huge clear out in the summer and quite a few fringe players will be among them (D. Thomson, J. Stewart, Balatoni, Morton, Park, J. Thomson, Glen, Elliot)

We don't have an out and out striker in the U19s this season, wth the exception of Dale Carrick who is in his first year with them and still has a lot to learn, but has time on his side. Darren Murray has organsied his attacking options in such a way that any of Billy King, Callum Paterson, Dave Smith, Jamie Walker or Callum Tapping will play the striking role in any game. In some games he will rotate the striking role among two or three players so as to share the workload of closing down defenders.

The best striker in the league at the moment is Tony Watt. Had he been at Hearts and not at Celtic, we would already be calling for him to play in the 1st team. I personally think he's that good.

jamboinglasgow

We don't have an out and out striker in the U19s this season, wth the exception of Dale Carrick who is in his first year with them and still has a lot to learn, but has time on his side. Darren Murray has organsied his attacking options in such a way that any of Billy King, Callum Paterson, Dave Smith, Jamie Walker or Callum Tapping will play the striking role in any game. In some games he will rotate the striking role among two or three players so as to share the workload of closing down defenders.

The best striker in the league at the moment is Tony Watt. Had he been at Hearts and not at Celtic, we would already be calling for him to play in the 1st team. I personally think he's that good.

Will be interesting if over the season Celtic start fast tracking him. Also always wanted to know if he came through Airdrie's youth set-up or had he been at other youth clubs?

Some good points, also raises the question what is happening with Denis as it has been very quiet and I don't think i have seen him on the bench. Be a shame of he is not rated by Paulo, or that he is hanging around where it would be better to go on loan for a month or two to get match time.

He has been in the squad a few times but just not made the bench. Believe PS is a fan so think his chance will come soon enough

Great news to have 4 lads in the team terrific,there is a few more right behind them,King ,Paterson,Carrick etc all with another year at 19s still to go.Big game tomorrow down at Riccarton 1pm Hearts 19s versus Sellick 19s be there to see for yourelves what great talent we have at that level, most of all the top guns in spl 19s are on show,should be a cracker.

jamboinglasgow

He has been in the squad a few times but just not made the bench. Believe PS is a fan so think his chance will come soon enough

Thats good to hear, Denis seems to be a nice guy and I know he has the ability so hopefully he gets a chance soon.

He's not played much since Sellick caught wind that he was offski. Lad's still just 16 remember as well.

I think once he's training and playign down south regularly it won't be long at all til we see him start to make 19s and 21s squads.

I forgot how young he is.

If he is sucessful at Chelsea, how long do think it will take for him to become 'English'?

jamboinglasgow

I forgot how young he is.

If he is sucessful at Chelsea, how long do think it will take for him to become 'English'?

He can't play for England. He can play for us as he spent five years education in Scotland before the age of 18. I think he spent 6 months in London before moving to Glasgow so it is impossible to make that up before the age of 18 in England. So he can only play for Scotland or Somalia.

He can't play for England. He can play for us as he spent five years education in Scotland before the age of 18. I think he spent 6 months in London before moving to Glasgow so it is impossible to make that up before the age of 18 in England. So he can only play for Scotland or Somalia.

I think he can play for England if he has a British passport?

If he does have a British he will be able to pick any of the home countries similar to John Barnes and Matt Le Tisser?

Also the schooling rule was put in place to get round the 'gentlemans agreemnet' that Britsh teams would not use the residency rule to take palyers from each other. At this moment in time it has not suited England to breach this agreement but I wouldn't put it passed them if it suited them, it would not breach FIFA rules if they did.

Archived