Glad we didn't finish top 6.

Legend Claws

Legend Claws

I am actually glad that we failed to finish in the top 6.

Why? Well if we had then it may have been used as a plus point i.e. 'We managed to finish in the top 6 after a really bad start to the season, which shows we have character blah de blah de blah'. This business (can't call it a club anymore) has a real knack of putting positive spin on even the smallest of achievements. Also and I say this with the tiniest little morsel of hope in my heart, it may make Vlad and his cronies really take stock. On the other hand they may be unable to arrest the situation as there isn't a single person at the club who actually has the experience and desire to turn it around. Frail perhaps has the desire but he is far from a manager and some of his comments with regards to players that we can all see are way below par have been embarrassing and have shown his lack of prowess. Perhaps keep him as a coach but may be time for him to move on for our and his best interest.

So what if during the close season we get an experienced manger that has full input on signings and team selection? We will be happy and hopeful for a season of watching a real team fighting for the history of the club and each other. But would it last or would the Baltic Bampots' ego start to get in the way again? The problem is that the way we have been treated over the past 2 years has had a massive effect on the feelings for the club. Has irrecoverable damage been done to the support? Will the people who are claiming that they are not renewing their season tickets back up their words with action? It is hard to blame those who may stay away (even for the rest of this season) as the level of uncertainty does have a major effect on people who may really struggle to make the financial and the emotional commitment as long as the uncertainty remains.

The crux of the matter is that nobody really knows what is going on and those that claim to be in the know are kidding themselves on. I can't help but feel that the people at the centre of the club don't really know either. You would hope guys like Campbell Ogilvie are attempting to steady the ship but they are on Vlad's payroll and are unlikely to jepordise that by speaking out of turn.

In terms of the playing squad it is hard to image it having the ability to push much further in it's current state of mind. Yes we have quality spattered through the team but there is so much dross that needs cut. Will we be able to attract the level of player we need to get back up there and pushing for europe and dare I say the league? Remember a time when we used to get excited about signing the likes of Juanjo, Quitongo etc? We may have to go back to that and hope that a sound manager could build a good team unit from a group of players that really want to play for the club. Or perhaps a good well known manager combined with the wages that Vlad & Co seem happy to splash around may attract the players of a relevant level? If this was the case would the wages be offered to the right players instead of the Pinillas and Beslijas of the world?

So many things to consider and the worst thing about it is that it will be so hard to believe anything that is said over the close season and unless there is a manager put in place pronto then the preparations for next season will stutter yet again.

So Vlad over to you.

Do the right thing.

FTH.

Personallly devastated. ****, ****, ****, ****, ****ing ****

Dont know if im devastated,not even gutted to be honest.

If we had won today,would it be turned it to a season success by the Hearts spin doctors?

Bottom six finish,means issues should (hopefully) be dealt with.

There no hiding place now.

Legend Claws
Dont know if im devastated,not even gutted to be honest.

If we had won today,would it be turned it to a season success by the Hearts spin doctors?

Bottom six finish,means issues should (hopefully) be dealt with.

There no hiding place now.

Exactly.

The cruckie cookie

We will be ripped for the whole of the close season by the hobo's and friends in the media.

This just should not have happened. It never happened with CR so why should it happen now.

Vlad get tae feck

We will be ripped for the whole of the close season by the hobo's and friends in the media.

This just should not have happened. It never happened with CR so why should it happen now.

Vlad get tae feck

It never happened with CR?

You are having a laugh,league position was the least of our worries with him in charge.

Short memories indeed.

My Nickname's Neil

Excellent post.

I echo these feelings. Top 6 would have given everyone at the club (including some fans) reason to believe we had a half decent season.

It's a long, long time since I've felt embarrassment like I did on Friday when Talk107 were saying Hearts were describing yesterday's game as our "cup final."

The last two years have been pure Rafael but hearing that just made me sick as it summed up where we are right now. My expectations are not unrealistic (don't see us as even SPL champs, even under GB) but there is no need to be as bad as we are, particularly after the wage/turnover ratio has been revealed.

Romanov has made a shop front of it, end of story.

Ibrahim Tall
It never happened with CR?

You are having a laugh,league position was the least of our worries with him in charge.

Short memories indeed.

It didn't happen with pieman, ever.

Now we're even further in debt and spending far far more on wages/fees and we're outside the top 6 for the first time in 15 ****ing year.

Robinson was a complete ****, Romanov however isn't any better.

Legend Claws

Look the Pieman situation and this farce are really not that far removed from each other. Apart from the rather major fact that we used to win games and qualify for Europe on a regular basis and hell even enjoy supporting Heart of Midlothian.

When CR was in charge there was no money full stop. Now some think there is money and some would appear to know that there is not. It makes it an almost more confusing situation as back then it was cut and dry, we leave Tynie or we die (and potentially die regardless) now it is baffling because we expect there to be money to sort things out. Money will only take it so far, if the right people are not in place to utilise the funds appropraitely then things will never change.

Legend Claws
I am certainly not pleased we did not finish in the top 6!

Look at the bigger picture mate.

MacDonald Jardine
It didn't happen with pieman, ever.

Now we're even further in debt and spending far far more on wages/fees and we're outside the top 6 for the first time in 15 ****ing year.

Robinson was a complete ****, Romanov however isn't any better.

Only because there was no split for a lot of the time he was there.

We finished outwith the top 6 a few times.

crazy_jambo_2006

the top 6/bottom 6 system is a farce. Not sour grapes. I said the split was a shambles even when we were in top 6 every year. But this year Hearts have somehow managed to screw it up so badly, we are now in bottom 6. This is an embarrassment + a shambles. At least under Levein (with supposedly worse players eg mckenna etc) we were 3rd or 4th. I will not give mad vlad any more cash. The man is a disgrace.

They should just scrap the bottom 6 and those teams who finish in it can start their pre season early.

Bottom 6 - waste of time.

Legend Claws
the top 6/bottom 6 system is a farce. Not sour grapes. I said the split was a shambles even when we were in top 6 every year. But this year Hearts have somehow managed to screw it up so badly, we are now in bottom 6. This is an embarrassment + a shambles. At least under Levein (with supposedly worse players eg mckenna etc) we were 3rd or 4th. I will not give mad vlad any more cash. The man is a disgrace.

Nobody is saying that it isn't an embarrasment mate.

Archived