Which Printer

H2

Looking for an all in one, printer, scanner. The problem is that cheap ones ink costs a fortune.

Anyone one got any recommendations that give good value?

Kodak.

?60-90 ish for a wired all in one printer/scanner.

?13ish for ink.

Served me well over the last year.

Kodak.

?13ish for ink.

Just bought this and the cheapest ink going. ?60 PC World

Be careful with Canon and Epson as they have a chip which shuts off when it reaches a certain number of prints. Maybe someone else can be more informative on this issue but I believe you have to get a special device to de-programme the chip in order for it to zero out and start again.

I use Hp and the cartridges are easy to re-fill with the widely available re-fill sets.

I'm thinking of trying the Kodak though, once my Hp has run it's course. :thumbsup:

Be careful with Canon and Epson as they have a chip which shuts off when it reaches a certain number of prints. Maybe someone else can be more informative on this issue but I believe you have to get a special device to de-programme the chip in order for it to zero out and start again.

I use Hp and the cartridges are easy to re-fill with the widely available re-fill sets.

I'm thinking of trying the Kodak though, once my Hp has run it's course. :thumbsup:

I alway buy Epson (have 3 on the go at the mo).

The ink is very very cheap.

They do have chips but don't shut off.

I bought a wireless network Epson Sx515W a few months ago which now works with

five different computer in the house..magic.

80 Snappers

12 inks (3 sets) ?8

If the photo doesn't last 10 years i'll print another :thumbsup:

Kodak.

?13ish for ink.

Been looking at these myself. How's the photo quality?

I've just updated to a Canon5150 but will go to a store and buy a kit which supplies "draught" ink (a tank with the 5 colours and tubes to connect to the canon cartridges).

Canon machines usually accept generic cartridges, with the occasional hiccup, but even the cartridge shop up the road has problems with refilling HP cartridges.

I find it cheaper to go to Officeworks (or even K-Mart) to print photos (sometimes 10c but never more than 15c) rather than doing it at home, after finessing the pics on iPhoto, I just load them on a USB stick.

Of course, if they are that sort of photo, you wouldn't want some houswife looking over your shoulder in the shop (or you might, as the case may be).

I've just updated to a Canon5150 but will go to a store and buy a kit which supplies "draught" ink (a tank with the 5 colours and tubes to connect to the canon cartridges).

Canon machines usually accept generic cartridges, with the occasional hiccup, but even the cartridge shop up the road has problems with refilling HP cartridges.

I find it cheaper to go to Officeworks (or even K-Mart) to print photos (sometimes 10c but never more than 15c) rather than doing it at home, after finessing the pics on iPhoto, I just load them on a USB stick.

Of course, if they are that sort of photo, you wouldn't want some houswife looking over your shoulder in the shop (or you might, as the case may be).

I agree with this but its just about convenience over cost (for me anyway). Photography has become a pretty big hobby of mine and all my photo's just sit on my laptop because I find it hard to find the time to get things printed up. Digital camera's have changed the way we deal with photo's, we no longer have the anticipation of picking up our developed film to get our hands on the whole 4 photo's that came out good.

I agree with this but its just about convenience over cost (for me anyway). Photography has become a pretty big hobby of mine and all my photo's just sit on my laptop because I find it hard to find the time to get things printed up. Digital camera's have changed the way we deal with photo's, we no longer have the anticipation of picking up our developed film to get our hands on the whole 4 photo's that came out good.

Yes, the pictures I take on the move on a day to day basis I crop or enhance and print at home if they're any good. Coming back from holiday recently with a couple of hundred on the phone and far fewer on the camera, I just did the cropping and enhancing at home and stuck a USB stick into the Officeworks shop's Kodak machine, went for a beer or two and picked the prints up. Handy for me as i was in the City anyway.

Any extras I will print at home.

Notice how each generation of printers seems to take smaller cartridges, just as the price of the machine itself drops?

Archived