Glorious New Dawn at Ibrox

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Guest Bilel Mohsni

For those who were waiting for the cracked Rangers crest in the Record... Instead we have a silhouette of the Rangers gates with a light shining down from the heavens. :lol:

Oh and on Whyte...

"... He's the financial whizzkid who silently traded his way towards one of the most powerfull offices in Scottish football... "

Keith Jackson

:lol:

Brilliant! :D

jamboinglasgow

I love how all the papers are lapping up Whyte saying everything will be fine, surely they should ask what became of the ?5m a season war chest which Whyte would allow up to ?10m this season for McCoist>

I love how all the papers are lapping up Whyte saying everything will be fine, surely they should ask what became of the ?5m a season war chest which Whyte would allow up to ?10m this season for McCoist>

This.

I remember reading the record and they were positively in a spin about the amount of money they were going to spend.

:verysmug:

Knobs.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I am not even angry about it, I think it's hilarious! :lol:

The double standards are incredible! It's like...

Monkey#1: "Okay, so we really have to run with this Rangers story now chaps... Any suggestions?"

Monkey#2: "We could crack the crest and lampoon the owner like we did with Romanov?"

Monkey#1: "YOU'RE FIRED!!!... Anyone else?"

Monkey#3: "Erm... How about just ignoring the coming disaster and instead painting Whyte as some kind of superhero, while cutting straight to the rebuild after the disaster?"

Monkey#1: "Well done! Come up here and have a lolly"

Great stuff from a truly impartial paper. :D

It's funny that all that he's planning on doing is what Vlad said he'd do with Hearts a few years ago, focus on youth and sell on to make money yet I don't remember such a hoo-ha then.

What's even funnier is how easy and willing they are to accept Whyte's statement that, and I quote, "HMRC don't have that much of a case."

:orly?:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It's funny that all that he's planning on doing is what Vlad said he'd do with Hearts a few years ago, focus on youth and sell on to make money yet I don't remember such a hoo-ha then.

What's even funnier is how easy and willing they are to accept Whyte's statement that, and I quote, "HMRC don't have that much of a case."

:orly?:

:lol: Arf... Fnar... splutter... !!

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Every club is backing Ra Gers don't you know, because it's bad for Scottish football....:whistling:

I haven't read the record in years, It's a terrible paper who thrived on anything that Vlad did and tore hearts to bits. Now the same is happening there and it's all fine!! That's what's wrong with the game.. The media won't ever see or speak wrong of the ugly sisters. I hate them with a passion and hope they suffer. Same when you boys were up challanging and finished 2nd. It was more about Rangers finishing 3rd rather than Hearts managing splitting them.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I haven't read the record in years, It's a terrible paper who thrived on anything that Vlad did and tore hearts to bits. Now the same is happening there and it's all fine!! That's what's wrong with the game.. The media won't ever see or speak wrong of the ugly sisters. I hate them with a passion and hope they suffer. Same when you boys were up challanging and finished 2nd. It was more about Rangers finishing 3rd rather than Hearts managing splitting them.

It was always going to be worth a read for comedy value today buddy! :lol:

They've stuck a mean and moody picture of your man O'Connor on the front page -after last night's televisual viewing- below the wonderfull news of Rangers' glorious rise from the ashes. :D

Slightly off at a tangent, but on the Scottish news this morning on BBC1 there was a piece about a Price Waterhouse report on the state of Scottish Football's finances.

The parting comment was how, "...some clubs are even having problems paying their tax bills..." as the visual shot was the iron gates outside Ibrox.

Coincidence? Hmmm..... :rofl:

They've stuck a mean and moody picture of your man O'Connor on the front page -after last night's televisual viewing- below the wonderfull news of Rangers' glorious rise from the ashes. :D

Be interesting to see what comes of O'Connor.. Not sure when he's back up court but i'm wondering if Hibs will bullet him if found guilty? If we do then we will drop he's been the only one who looks like he could score. Jnr Agogo? i'd rather play Hugo Agogo up front.

As for Rangers, no matter what they will always put a positive spin on it. Can't upset the blue noses now ;)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Be interesting to see what comes of O'Connor.. Not sure when he's back up court but i'm wondering if Hibs will bullet him if found guilty? If we do then we will drop he's been the only one who looks like he could score. Jnr Agogo? i'd rather play Hugo Agogo up front.

As for Rangers, no matter what they will always put a positive spin on it. Can't upset the blue noses now ;)

Mustn't put a blue nose out of joint surely? :lol:

Iam not surprised in the slightest with Keith "the hun" Jackson's, arse licking style of reporting, that could be taken directly from a Rangers match day programme. The man has been given a platform to say what he likes without fear of any questions he cant answer, for example.

"Whyte wouldnt be drawn on what exactly the mechanism for dealing with a massive tax liability is but if Rangers lose the case, scheduled now for November, and a repayment agreement cant be reached administration would become a possibility.

Even so, Whyte said: Rangers will still be here long after were all dead and buried."

Amazing!, A bill which could potentialy end Rangers, and low and behold he wouldnt be drawn onto exactly how he would pay it! Sorry, arse licker Jackson, you never even asked, like the good boy you are. The bias within the media is being shown up for all to see.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Iam not surprised in the slightest with Keith "the hun" Jackson's, arse licking style of reporting, that could be taken directly from a Rangers match day programme. The man has been given a platform to say what he likes without fear of any questions he cant answer, for example.

"Whyte wouldnt be drawn on what exactly the mechanism for dealing with a massive tax liability is but if Rangers lose the case, scheduled now for November, and a repayment agreement cant be reached administration would become a possibility.

Even so, Whyte said: Rangers will still be here long after were all dead and buried."

Amazing!, A bill which could potentialy end Rangers, and low and behold he wouldnt be drawn onto exactly how he would pay it! Sorry, arse licker Jackson, you never even asked, like the good boy you are. The bias within the media is being shown up for all to see.

CS1543372-02A-BIG.jpg

keith jackson and his employer know how robustly rangers treat any threats to their 'good name'. he knows the consequences of falling out of favour with rangers.

keith jackson and the other daily hun monkeys require access to rangers stories and enjoy many a jaunt away to europe to cover their matches.

the same could be said to apply to clubs like hearts... but old firm clubs are their core business and therefore must be arse-licked. hearts are a mere sideline.

that's al their is to it really.

Francis Albert

For those who were waiting for the cracked Rangers crest in the Record... Instead we have a silhouette of the Rangers gates with a light shining down from the heavens. :lol:

Oh and on Whyte...

"... He's the financial whizzkid who silently traded his way towards one of the most powerfull offices in Scottish football... "

Keith Jackson

Brilliant! :D

Truly amazing stuff from Jackson, even by Scottish sports "journalists" standards.. Whyte is actually the financial whizzkid who has left a trail of bankrupt companies in his wake. And rather than "silently trading" his way towards control of Rangers he indulged in one of most publicised and long-drawn out takeovers ever seen (as reported copiously inthe Daily Record).

Of course someone will be on in a minute to tell us we are paranoid.

Monkey#1: "Okay, so we really have to run with this Rangers story now chaps... Any suggestions?"

Monkey#2: "We could crack the crest and lampoon the owner like we did with Romanov?"

Monkey#3: "Erm... How about just ignoring the coming disaster and instead painting Whyte as some kind of superhero, while cutting straight to the rebuild after the disaster?"

Absolutely this! Lols

Last night on radio scotland they mentioned Rangers had a press conference for the Paper media, BBC not invited. We were told to watch for the papers today. I'm thinking where is Jim Traynor? No sign of him obviously did n't want to damage the Records relationship with Rangers.

If it where Hearts, he would have been on the show with a lot to say. A Poor show from Traynor but says it all about the scottish media.

In july when over in Berlin spoke to Gordon Waddell at some length. He is not the worst but has not always been

Gracious to Hearts.

I know he is not an OF supporter but Falkirk but always struck me as being

Like the rest in overlly publicising the OF so I put it to him they dont have journalistic freedom or are indeed genuine sports writers but are briefed to write about the uglies at every opportunity despite better football stories being available.

He strongly denied this and claimed they are given freedom to write what the feel appropriate, after I got off the floor and stopped peshin maself I continued the debate but he was adamant that all the "sports" writers had a free hand.

Does anyone believe him ?

In july when over in Berlin spoke to Gordon Waddell at some length. He is not the worst but has not always been

Gracious to Hearts.

I know he is not an OF supporter but Falkirk but always struck me as being

Like the rest in overlly publicising the OF so I put it to him they dont have journalistic freedom or are indeed genuine sports writers but are briefed to write about the uglies at every opportunity despite better football stories being available.

He strongly denied this and claimed they are given freedom to write what the feel appropriate, after I got off the floor and stopped peshin maself I continued the debate but he was adamant that all the "sports" writers had a free hand.

Does anyone believe him ?

No. Certain freelance journalists and those 'free of the shackles of the Glasgow based Media' (Spiers, G) have said often enough that they dont have the freedom to write what they want about the Old Firm.

jamboinglasgow

You should read it online just for the comments from (and I use this in the lightest possible way) readers. Almost everything turns into a rangers v Celtic bun fight, and some regulars are very funny (if you ignore the depressing thought that they are serious in these laughable views.)

One female Celtic fan has some out with some ignorant comedy gold. After the Wilson trial she was amazed that they didn't find him guilty of the sectarian side as the match was at Tynecastle and every Hearts fan is sectarian. Then she had a go at Levein after the Lithuania game for not playing James Forrest claiming that he doesn't pick Celtic players (to which people pointed to Scott Brown.) And today she says that Craig Levein should builds team around Forrest and Mulgrew.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

You should read it online just for the comments from (and I use this in the lightest possible way) readers. Almost everything turns into a rangers v Celtic bun fight, and some regulars are very funny (if you ignore the depressing thought that they are serious in these laughable views.)

One female Celtic fan has some out with some ignorant comedy gold. After the Wilson trial she was amazed that they didn't find him guilty of the sectarian side as the match was at Tynecastle and every Hearts fan is sectarian. Then she had a go at Levein after the Lithuania game for not playing James Forrest claiming that he doesn't pick Celtic players (to which people pointed to Scott Brown.) And today she says that Craig Levein should builds team around Forrest and Mulgrew.

They should... She should captain the team...

IA%20Street%20Team%2001_600.jpg

keith jackson and his employer know how robustly rangers treat any threats to their 'good name'. he knows the consequences of falling out of favour with rangers.

keith jackson and the other daily hun monkeys require access to rangers stories and enjoy many a jaunt away to europe to cover their matches.

the same could be said to apply to clubs like hearts... but old firm clubs are their core business and therefore must be arse-licked. hearts are a mere sideline.

that's al their is to it really.

Fully agree with you JP, but this only works if the stories Rangers can spoon feed the hacks are actually bigger/better than the negative one that they want the same hacks to sweep under the carpet.

We must be getting close to that "tipping point" for more and more of the media, who are begining to realise this whole financial story is bigger than any inside info they might get fed on players and transfers. Already The Herald, The Evening Times, and The Sunday Herald, have had their "privalages withdrawn" by Rangers, and I strongly suspect they'll just be the first of many, which will be fun, as der Hun will not have a clue how to deal with a hostile press - they've never had to...

Happy days! :thumb:

Fully agree with you JP, but this only works if the stories Rangers can spoon feed the hacks are actually bigger/better than the negative one that they want the same hacks to sweep under the carpet.

We must be getting close to that "tipping point" for more and more of the media, who are begining to realise this whole financial story is bigger than any inside info they might get fed on players and transfers. Already The Herald, The Evening Times, and The Sunday Herald, have had their "privalages withdrawn" by Rangers, and I strongly suspect they'll just be the first of many, which will be fun, as der Hun will not have a clue how to deal with a hostile press - they've never had to...

Happy days! :thumb:

There won't be any more booze fuelled Euro trips for the hacks either. Rangers have nothing left to offer the leeches in the press. Time to pick over the carcass I think.

:yas:

The funniest thing about it is the fact that the kinda folk who still buy the record are the kinda folk who will lap this kinda chat up all day long.

The orcs hang on every word published in said paper..... the fallout will be interesting.

I've not read his Times article today but Graham Spiers said on Twitter:

RFC to downsize, reduce costs, rear young, sell.

Apparently print journalists were invited to Ibrox yesterday to speak to Whyte.

Truly amazing stuff from Jackson, even by Scottish sports "journalists" standards.. Whyte is actually the financial whizzkid who has left a trail of bankrupt companies in his wake. And rather than "silently trading" his way towards control of Rangers he indulged in one of most publicised and long-drawn out takeovers ever seen (as reported copiously inthe Daily Record).

You're darn tootin'!!!

ROMANOV FAN CLUB

It's so funny not even one MP is willing to voice concern in the parliment over what is going on a Castle Greyskull but were outside Tynie with their pitches and forks

Whyte is a whizzkid I mean how hard is to work out, Owner has no cash so has to run club within it's means so cut wage bill by ?7 million to ?15 million

Increase revenue by selling best assets the players

My cat could work that out :D :D

I just don't know how any of the media can return to Tynecastle without saying SORRY to us for the way they have treated Hearts over the past 6 years, when they treat Rangers this way

Also Vlad always said don't worry about money we can handle it as oposed to Whyte who says and Quote "I'm no Abramovich" :D :D

Last night on radio scotland they mentioned Rangers had a press conference for the Paper media, BBC not invited. We were told to watch for the papers today. I'm thinking where is Jim Traynor? No sign of him obviously did n't want to damage the Records relationship with Rangers.

If it where Hearts, he would have been on the show with a lot to say. A Poor show from Traynor but says it all about the scottish media.

Is Big Jim not meant to be a self declared Airdrie United Fan :whistling:

Is Big Jim not meant to be a self declared Airdrie United Fan :whistling:

biggrin.gif I forgot that, must be why he did n't comment last night and nothing to do with the contacts/readership of his rag

Sexton Hardcastle

Martin Bain granted an arrestment order on #Rangers accounts for ?450,000

Bain's lawyer tells me that no guarrantee he'll get money but #Rangers cant touch until court rules.

...a bit disco

Jim Traynor knows the source of Rangers FCs problems.

This, from his Daily Record online exclusive.

"I put myself in the position of owning a football club so I cant moan about it now,

although the payroll every month is not something I find enjoyable. "Ive just written a s1million cheque for James Beattie. Thats money p****d away."

And...

"The Ibrox owner added Rangers will now be reporting Lekhwiya to

FIFA because the Qatar champions have not settled the s1.7milion fee for Bougherra.

The money should have been paid three weeks ago."

:o

Oh, the injustice of it all, eh?

Napoleon  Wilson

1220323934_71d0f4d7e9.jpg

"Keith Jackson, you are a disgrace even by your tabloid sport journalist standards. You have made an enemy of the people of Somalia and Jambos Kickback"

Malinga the Swinga

I know its only an arrestment and I know its only for about ?400K, but it is quite funny to see Rangers in the trouble they are. Just a shame that Bain looks like he will profit as he doesn't appear to be a very likeable person, in any way shape or form.

Maybe RFC will get off with this one, but fact judge agreed that arrestment was okay does show the trouble Rangers are in.

Keith Jackson is an absolute weasel of a journalist.

I'm still trying to get over his "James Beattie is a very shrewd piece of business by Rangers and I can see him hitting 25 goals a season for them" comments.

The decision to pledge future season ticket income could turn out to be a real watershed. Effectively they have factored future income to meet their short/medium term working capital requirements. Whichever finance house they are dealing with will obviously want some form of security, and I would guess debt servicing / interest charges will not come cheap. They may however try and recoup some of those costs by increasing the season ticket prices in the ensuing years. Whatever way you look at it, they are discounting season ticket income, which in their precarious position is a risky strategy. The ring fencing of ?500k today can only add to their woes and it is fairly apparent Whyte is more or less trying to buy time. It was interesting to here is assertion that no matter what, Rangers will always survive and play at Ibrox. Seems he may be gambling on a share flotation (a la Fergus McCann) or setting up a phoenix company. I think the last option would perhaps prevent him from using the liquidated Rangers name but no doubt they would find some way round it.

As an aside I recall some Rangers fans giving us some stick on the day we had the SOH march from Saughton Park ?(we played them that day.) Do I want them to go through the mill? ? An unequivocal unambiguous yyyyyyyyyeeeeeesssssss.

Every single football supporter in Scotland that does not follow Rangers should be salivating at the possibility (in no way am I suggesting this is likely or certain) of Rangers going to the wall.

Keith Jackson is an absolute weasel of a journalist.

I'm still trying to get over his "James Beattie is a very shrewd piece of business by Rangers and I can see him hitting 25 goals a season for them" comments.

To be fair, there was a thread on this forum saying as such. I won't name the poster who did say that, it wouldn't be fair...whistling.gif

To be fair, there was a thread on this forum saying as such. I won't name the poster who did say that, it wouldn't be fair...whistling.gif

Do tell.

biggrin.gif

This is a genuine request, could you show a list of the companies and figures to go with them?

Cardiac Rucksack

Wartime politician?????????!!!

i have failed.

Archived