Dispatches tonight - naming a EPL player on cocaine

Jeremy beagle

Can someone confirm that GoC was arrested for drugs before he signed for hibs? What a way to seal a deal at hibs!

GoC Drugs bust

May 2011

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3584877/Garry-OConnor-does-runner-after-drugs-swoop.html

Goc Signs for Hibs

June 2011

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/257683-garry-oconnor-re-signs-for-hibernian/

Pure class

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here was me thinking a programme was about to put aside their prejudice towards the big clubs and run a ground breaking story which would spill the bean on a multi-million pound footballer who is part of a global brand........

And we get Birmingham City. And Garry O'Connor. The only people Dispatches could have aired a documentary on drug taking which would have surprised me less would be Amy Winehouse (God rest her soul) and Pete Docherty.

As usual, a mdeia outlet are happy to have a pop at the easy targets and reveal nothing people don't already know*. And Scottish football's reputation as being shite and a haven for washed up losers who can't make it anywhere else is further enhanced. I know it's only Hibs, but the rest of us will be lumped in with them. Typical of the media.

*please note that despite this I am not ashamed in any way to say shout Garry O'Connor is a dirty jakeball druggy bar steward, playing for a dirty, jakeball club which is tarnishing the name of Scottish football as Hibs drag the entire country down to their level.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

On the STV news last week they mentioned due to legal reason they could not show his face and the papers this morning balced out his face, no idea what the legal reason may be

So he doesn't scare kids?

Ice Cream is perfectly legal, but not if its sold alongside drugs and stolen goods, or did you just think they went to war over oysters and sliders :unsure:

:D

Hearts Machine

Wow its like you've deliberately replayed a Bill Hicks sketch , word for word....

Did you think that would help?

Of course I did.

Do you think Hicks was far wrong?

Sorry, but forgive me as I point out that you have not got a clue. Too much Fox Network perhaps?

I just bought a case of Kronenburg. A legal "DRUG".

Alchohol related deaths FAR out number all those "illegal" drugs worldwide by fourfold. Not to mention the families wrecked in the process, and violence involved.

Do me a favour love, grow up and realise that fags `n a peeve drain the NHS much more than OD`ing junkies.

Funding Terrorism? Change yer name to Bill O`Reilly, yah sanctimonious "chap". :whistling:

Ok so we've established in your one post that the barometer of drug taking harms is based solely on how much the NHS spends on it and that you struggle with the concepts of legal and illegal.

Just because something (i.e Alcohol deaths or Cigarette related deaths) might be bad doesn't make everything else good. It really doesn't matter how much harm comes from Alcohol or Cigarettes, the harms caused by the production of drugs like Cocaine is massive and don't disappear because other drugs may be worse.

Hearts Machine

Ok so we've established in your one post that the barometer of drug taking harms is based solely on how much the NHS spends on it and that you struggle with the concepts of legal and illegal.

Just because something (i.e Alcohol deaths or Cigarette related deaths) might be bad doesn't make everything else good. It really doesn't matter how much harm comes from Alcohol or Cigarettes, the harms caused by the production of drugs like Cocaine is massive and don't disappear because other drugs may be worse.

The point I`m trying to make is that ALL of these drugs are freely available, and mis-used regulary, by so many.

Whether the law permits one but not the other, is neither here nor there.

Over-indulgence of ANY of them is what causes the downward spiral of far too many individuals. We are all human beings, born with freedom of choice. Some are stronger people than others, and can control a modicum of moderate recreational use. Some, unfortunately can`t. This is where Western Society ultimately stumbles and crumbles, and takes billions of ????`s to service.

What I hate (personally) are people who "Tut Tut" at junkies, and have massive opinions about shipping them all off to prison etc. Whilst drinking a single malt, and puffing on a fat Cuban. Hypocracy at it`s very worst, at best.

All victims of alcohol abuse, heroin, cocaine, and the rest, are all someone`s child, mother, father etc. We shouldn`t be so harsh. There but by the grace.......

Except O`Snorter of course. Exceptions have to be made.

The point I`m trying to make is that ALL of these drugs are freely available, and mis-used regulary, by so many.

Over-indulgence of ANY of them is what causes the downward spiral of far too many individuals. We are all human beings, born with freedom of choice. Some are stronger people than others, and can control a modicum of moderate recreational use. Some, unfortunately can`t. This is where Western Society ultimately stumbles and crumbles, and takes billions of ????`s to service.

What I hate (personally) are people who "Tut Tut" at junkies, and have massive opinions about shipping them all off to prison etc. Whilst drinking a single malt, and puffing on a fat Cuban. Hypocracy at it`s very worst, at best.

All victims of alcohol abuse, heroin, cocaine, and the rest, are all someone`s child, mother, father etc. We shouldn`t be so harsh. There but by the grace.......

So you have to be tee total to be offended by drug use and the related crime?

John Gentleman

100% genuine.

Some of it's been 'photoshopped', but not the fish. Problem I have is the species of fish. Cannae be an Atlantic or Pacific salmon as its tail isn't 'forked' enough. Cannae be a sea trout because of the distinctive red lateral stripe. It puts me in mind of a rainbow trout, but I've never seen one that big. I'm genuinely interested.

Of course I did.

Do you think Hicks was far wrong?

No , I just wouldn't try and pass his work off as my own words.

Comes out looking bad.

There are victims of addiction and there are fat greedy turds who just don't know when to say enough is enough. Not prepared to say where O'Connor fits.

Think we have problems at our own club therefore shouldnt be mocking others and our problems are worse.

So what is worse what oconnor and black have done or what CT has done

Too many people have maroon tinted glasses on. End of oconnors career because he took coke. Black was allegedly caught in possession yet we are not allowed to say a bad thing aginst him, why cause he plays for Hearts. Both these offences do no harm to anyone apart from thereselves. CT was convicted of an offence that could potentially have long lasting effects on his victims.

PS CT is still a Hearts player and not a former player as someoe said on here.

Not going to say anymore on the matters as I cant be arsed with fans who have double standards.

That's about the most obviously whiffy set of posts I've ever read on here.

:laugh:

Oh, bebeto.

Here was me thinking a programme was about to put aside their prejudice towards the big clubs and run a ground breaking story which would spill the bean on a multi-million pound footballer who is part of a global brand........

And we get Birmingham City. And Garry O'Connor. The only people Dispatches could have aired a documentary on drug taking which would have surprised me less would be Amy Winehouse (God rest her soul) and Pete Docherty.

As usual, a mdeia outlet are happy to have a pop at the easy targets and reveal nothing people don't already know*. And Scottish football's reputation as being shite and a haven for washed up losers who can't make it anywhere else is further enhanced. I know it's only Hibs, but the rest of us will be lumped in with them. Typical of the media.

*please note that despite this I am not ashamed in any way to say shout Garry O'Connor is a dirty jakeball druggy bar steward, playing for a dirty, jakeball club which is tarnishing the name of Scottish football as Hibs drag the entire country down to their level.

Agree with this. I can't deny it wasn't vaguely amusing for a few minutes to hear that GoC was going to be the subject of a documentary and it was interesting to hear that the doping body would consider discretion if they felt it in the interests of the individual, but I don't doubt for a second there must have been far bigger and more newsworthy targets for them to use. It's hardly a big secret that footballers dabble a bit in recreationals and I'd put money on the fact they would have discovered a good few snippets of info on far bigger names than him. Easy target though, like you say.

I was going to ask whether or not they realised there wouldn't have been as much as a raised eyebrow in Scotland at that news but then again, they wouldn't care if there was or not. It probably wasn't aimed at a Scottish audience anyway....

Hearts Machine

No , I just wouldn't try and pass his work off as my own words.

Comes out looking bad.

I didn`t attempt to pass it off as my own.

I was pretty damned sure those who know his stuff would have got that bit. And there are plenty on here.

If we are going down the pedant road, I intimated "There but by the grace of God go I" in a further post. I also didn`t feel the need to credit John Bradford there either.

I love online forums.

Hearts Machine

So you have to be tee total to be offended by drug use and the related crime?

Of course not. Open-minded and sensible help though.

The legality of the drugs do matter though. Alcohol & cigarettes are a big industry which is out in the open, legitimately funded and with constraints and controls on many aspects of it. The underground and illegal nature of producing Cocaine, Heroin or really dealing in many differing kinds of illegal activity, means that the people producing it fall to crime (financial crimes, money launders etc) to fund making it, abuse of people in the making/transporting/selling of it - a lot of people get hurt by these drugs in production and it's often people who don't want anything to do with them - it's not Fox news propaganda as you suggested before.

I think it's easy sometimes to get bogged down in seeing the situation around you or simply seeing it from the point of view of the harm to the consumer but it's not limited to that. I can see what you mean about the people tut tutting, but also Coke it isn't the norm in everyone social circle. Anyway as I don't smoke or drink I can say it. ;)

Totally agree :thumbsup:

Hearts Machine

The legality of the drugs do matter though. Alcohol & cigarettes are a big industry which is out in the open, legitimately funded and with constraints and controls on many aspects of it. The underground and illegal nature of producing Cocaine, Heroin or really dealing in many differing kinds of illegal activity, means that the people producing it fall to crime (financial crimes, money launders etc) to fund making it, abuse of people in the making/transporting/selling of it - a lot of people get hurt by these drugs in production and it's often people who don't want anything to do with them - it's not Fox news propaganda as you suggested before.

I think it's easy sometimes to get bogged down in seeing the situation around you or simply seeing it from the point of view of the harm to the consumer but it's not limited to that. I can see what you mean about the people tut tutting, but also Coke it isn't the norm in everyone social circle. Anyway as I don't smoke or drink I can say it. ;)

Totally agree :thumbsup:

Agreed also.

I`m sure I read somewhere that if the whole of the UK followed the warnings, and quit smoking and drinking overnight, that the Govt. would collapse financially (even though they are already) within 3 days.

I wouldn`t like to state who suggested it.

Plagiarism is wosre than drug abuse, so I`m informed. :whistling:

Archived