Zaliukas: "ref favoured Scots"

tartofmidlothian

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Ref was a wee bit of a 'homer'. Zaliukas is a WUM - similar to Romanov, he doesn't actually like Scotland or her people. Heard it all before.

Some Hearts fans sadden me. Our Club Captain speaks his mind and is a clown, told to shut up. Dearie me. No sense of loyalty at all.

Zaliukas is a clown

Where are you on Elvis at the end of his club captaincy?

Michael Stewart?

If someone speaks/plays like a clown they are up for criticism no matter who they are.

Its sad that Zaliukas is actually club captain in the first place....

Zaliukas is a clown

Where are you on Elvis at the end of his club captaincy?

Michael Stewart?

If someone speaks/plays like a clown they are up for criticism no matter who they are.

Its sad that Zaliukas is actually club captain in the first place.... - Why?

Zaliukas is a clown

Zaliukas is the captain of one of Scotland's biggest clubs, and earning thousands of pounds a week.

You're a greeting faced malcontent on an internet messageboard.

I'll leave others to their own conclusions as to who's the "clown".

The Treasurer

Ref was a wee bit of a 'homer'. Zaliukas is a WUM - similar to Romanov, he doesn't actually like Scotland or her people. Heard it all before.

What do you base this wild (and inaccurate) statement on :blink:

Chad Sexington

Zaliukas is the captain of one of Scotland's biggest clubs, and earning thousands of pounds a week.

:lol:

That's blockbusters!

300px-Blockbusters_bob_foldedarms.jpg

Marius-Zaliukas_1402634c.jpg

irony J is your new name.

Zaliukas was of course entitled to his opinion, wrong as it was. Not a clown by any stretch.

Hes a patriotic bloke who is gutted his country just lost. Of course he feels like he deserved a draw or that the ref favoured the opposition cos he hates losing, which makes him all the more a competitor. You hardly get level headed fans who cant be bias about a game, how the hell are players going to be.

Good ol' Zal. Don't think there's really that much wrong with what he said.

As has been stated already, the radio commentary talked of the soft fouls we got!

Plus, remember, Zal was playing against "Diver" Naismith who hit the deck several times when Zal hiccuped within a yard of him - nothing new there!

And we get some slagging him!

Can only assume they have an agenda!:whistling:

zal is no clown & entitled to voice his views of a game he participated in.

he's obviously passionate about playing for his country (wouldn't most players?) & it doesn't make him a greater or lesser servant for Hearts. in fact its irrelevant. :teehee:

I think he has a point. If the boot had been on the other foot we'd have all felt aggrieved at some of the decisions Scotland got. I guess it just shows that even with a favorable ref Scotland can only squeak past Lithuania 1-0 so we shouldn't really be crying too much when referees are the 12th man for teams like the Czech Republic, as truth is...we just aren't good enough to be going to the Euros next Summer anyway.

As has been stated already, the radio commentary talked of the soft fouls we got!

Plus, remember, Zal was playing against "Diver" Naismith who hit the deck several times when Zal hiccuped within a yard of him - nothing new there!

And we get some slagging him!

Can only assume they have an agenda!:whistling:

LOL. You have a major obsession with Naismith. :D

I think he has a point. If the boot had been on the other foot we'd have all felt aggrieved at some of the decisions Scotland got. I guess it just shows that even with a favorable ref Scotland can only squeak past Lithuania 1-0 so we shouldn't really be crying too much when referees are the 12th man for teams like the Czech Republic, as truth is...we just aren't good enough to be going to the Euros next Summer anyway.

Which favourable decisions did we get last night apart from maybe a couple of soft free kicks and Caldwell getting away without a booking?

We definitely should have had a second penalty, that went Lithuania's way.

I am not a huge Scotland fan and no fan of refs either but the ref did have a half decent game last night and Zal and Lithuania have absolutely nothing to complain about regarding decisions.

Maybe someone should ask Zal why if he thinks the ref is a homer why the 2nd stonewall penalty for handball wasn't given and why a couple of his comrades got to make about a half dozen bad tackles each before even getting spoken to never mind get a yellow card.

Scotland deserved the victory last night no doubt about that. Not nearly good enough for the Euro's but well better than Lithuania that's for sure.

Whoa, take it easy girls. **** me, a few have got their knickers in a twist over this one. How dare anyone have a dig at our club captain! Away and lie in your pish. Whats with all the cheerleader shite? Grow up, Zali has had a dig at the way Scotland were officiated during the game and seeing as Iam scottish Iam going to disagree, much in the same way he would were the roles reversed. The club captian pish is for the simpletons as far as Iam concerned. I personally have no time for Zali, I know there are a fair few on here who love him, each to their own, for me, he is a very limited defender who believes he is Maldini.

Which favourable decisions did we get last night apart from maybe a couple of soft free kicks and Caldwell getting away without a booking?

We definitely should have had a second penalty, that went Lithuania's way.

I think you maybe answered your own question with that first sentence - there were a number of decisions that Scotland got the rub of the green for.

Don't remember the second penalty incident TBH but then I was double-screening on JKB - not the bit where Cesny read the chip and then tangled legs with Bardsley? That was never a penalty...

I think you maybe answered your own question with that first sentence - there were a number of decisions that Scotland got the rub of the green for.

Don't remember the second penalty incident TBH but then I was double-screening on JKB - not the bit where Cesny read the chip and then tangled legs with Bardsley? That was never a penalty...

They got some soft free kicks as well, and the boy who handled it off goodwillies head could have been off on another night.

Chesney hand ball from Naismith's header.

I thought the ref was good tbh.

Yes - but only scored 1 goal.

One goal mire than Lithuania so by your reasoning they didn't deserve a draw either

They got some soft free kicks as well, and the boy who handled it off goodwillies head could have been off on another night.

Chesney hand ball from Naismith's header.

I thought the ref was good tbh.

I'm not saying he was rabidly biased for Scotland or even totally incompetent, and neither is Zaliukas in his quotes from the interview. I think on balance Scotland did better out of the referee than Lithuania, they got the rub of the green...ie the decisions that turned out to be pivotal in the match went in the main to Scotland - no foul given against us in the build-up to our goal; Caldwell not getting sent off. That is not to say that Lithuania couldn't have gotten a draw for themselves from the 3-on-1 situation that the boy totally messed up, and the other lad sticking his hand in the air for the penalty was just nuts, but he got away with that in the end...

The match was terrible, it was hibs v st mirren. Folk arguing about who deserved what in a game so poor. Only Bannan was worth watching for Scotland, we were hardly amazing and if they got the draw we could hardly say we were robbed.

Ever thought he was on the wind up? He knows a comment like that drives people most notably the media mad.

And not just the media..... :ninja:

Ever thought he was on the wind up? He knows a comment like that drives people most notably the media mad.

Thats what I thought. He has a bit of a wacky sense of humour, so would suprise me if he was just extracting the urine after why way we reacted to Saturdays result.

I thought zal had a very good game last night, what a difference with him playing on the right hand side of the central defence.

Much more comfortable and didn't look awkward.

I thought the ref was quite kind to us last night and can definitely understand the Lithuanians being a bit disappointed in him, although he didn't get any huge decisions wrong and wasn't a complete howler by any stretch.

Zaliukas played reasonably well.

We should have crushed them by at least 2 more than we did.

DRB having a bit of a Fred Astaire.

That cover it?

And not just the media..... :ninja:

76 and 77 posts before somebody spots the obvious.

The amount of stick the Lithuanians cop from the Scottish media and fans (I don't care what anyone says, they are constantly vilified to a far higher level than anyone else) then big Zal is more than entitled to have a pop back, IMHO. Glad Scotland won, but good on him.

Scotland should have had a second penalty and Berra got done for handball when he had his hands in front of his chest right at the edge of the area. No way the referee was any more favourable to Scotland than Lithuania.

Zali is at the wind-up anyway though.

Multiple references on the radio to Scotland being treated 'favourably' by the ref.

I listened to the game and didn't hear that from anyone

I listened to the game and didn't hear that from anyone

I listened to it as well and they thought Zal had been fouled in the build up to the goal.

Source: BBC Sportsound (Begg/Dodds/McCall). Think the words were: "We got away with one there." So it's all good.

76 and 77 posts before somebody spots the obvious.

The amount of stick the Lithuanians cop from the Scottish media and fans (I don't care what anyone says, they are constantly vilified to a far higher level than anyone else) then big Zal is more than entitled to have a pop back, IMHO. Glad Scotland won, but good on him.

ahem - i refer you to post #27! whistling.gif

ahem - i refer you to post #27! whistling.gif

I'm guessing it's a witty picture mate, can't see them on the iPhone version of the board. Sorry!

Do do do, Marius Zaliukas!

Coburg Hearts

Brilliant, just brilliant!!! :lol::thumbsup:

We_are_the_Hearts

Couldn't have said it better myself, nice one :thumbsup:

Thread can now be closed :thumbsup:

Francis Albert

Not seen a mention of Gregory Tade's post match comment yesterday that "they (Hearts) scored with their only shot on target" just next to te match statistics showing Hearts had 5 shots on target vs ICT's 3.

Archived