Just watch the pre-season tour DVD from 2007.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

rudi must stay

Sheer and utter madness. :unsure:

it's an okay football documentary. But you can see from it that we had no team spirit whatsoever at that time :(

oh ah grantona

i was interviewed at the Hercules alamo game shame they never put it up ha ha ( i think thats the correct year anyway) still featured in dvd

:facepalm:

Going back to the 07/08 days truely makes me shudder. Trying to be enthusiastic about Hearts was difficult back then.

The same shudder when big Benny trotted onto the pitch tonight?

Benny won more headers tonight than his whole time at hearts! Still he's a legend as unbeaten vs hibs

Drylaw Hearts

Benny won more headers tonight than his whole time at hearts! Still he's a legend as unbeaten vs hibs

We lost the only match he 'played' v Hibs.

Drylaw Hearts

Ha ha I know but you can be a legend still surely ha ha

LOL

:stare:

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Ha ha I know but you can be a legend still surely ha ha

You're talking about Beniuseless right?

facepalm.png

A dark dark time.

VR was at the highest possible level of crazyness back then.

Tempting fate type post, imo.

:mellow:

A hearts pal picked one up in his last visit to reekie...I thought the spirit was ****-all too. Everyone looking like they were just going through the motions.

The scene in the dressing room with Malofeev's ranting having to be translated for the team by what looked like a school leaver, was hilarious. There's a brilliant look to camera by Craig Gordon once he's made his point.

There was a wee spell, about a quarter of the way into 07/08 when we started to play quite well, but results over Christmas were horrific.

It all ended with an 8th place finish and defeat to a tiny little club which was not only long-relegated but also completely out of business.

The worst season since 80/81.

There was a wee spell, about a quarter of the way into 07/08 when we started to play quite well, but results over Christmas were horrific.

It all ended with an 8th place finish and defeat to a tiny little club which was not only long-relegated but also completely out of business.

The season ended the way it started, humiliating stuff.

A 2-0 defeat at Tynecastle to St Mirren near the end was it for me.

The scene in the dressing room with Malofeev's ranting having to be translated for the team by what looked like a school leaver, was hilarious. There's a brilliant look to camera by Craig Gordon once he's made his point.

In my head, im picturing The Office.

at around christmas time we started to take a wee bit of drink inside the ground with us to make it bearable! By the time of the st mirren game, we had 2 70cl bottles of smirnoff and a half bt of jack between 3 people!

TBF we were worse under wee tommy and even 99 when it looked like we could go down. I think 07/08 seem a lot worse since where we were in 05/06

The games against Inverness and St Mirren (I think) over that particular Christmas nearly pushed me over the edge. Dark dark times.

Don't know the facts but suspect this period in Hearts history caused the highest level of disciplinary action ever taken on JKB :rolleyes:

The St Mirren defeat at Christmas is up there with the worst ever.

The Inverness "Kurskis" match was right up there too.

"We don't need a manager."

The St Mirren defeat at Christmas is up there with the worst ever.

The Inverness "Kurskis" match was right up there too.

"We don't need a manager."

Have a look at the season's results Merse :down:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10289~2007,00.html

Then look at the home attendances, that must have been when they counted all tickets sold rather than bodies through the gate :whistling:

Have a look at the season's results Merse :down:

http://www.heartsfc....89~2007,00.html

Then look at the home attendances, that must have been when they counted all tickets sold rather than bodies through the gate :whistling:

Christ it looks worse than I thought over the winter. 10 games without a win, 6 of them defeats. Utterly woeful.

Christ it looks worse than I thought over the winter. 10 games without a win, 6 of them defeats. Utterly woeful.

10 games without a win.

Then Hibs pop along.

:pleasing:

The last 3 results in May :vrface: disgraceful stuff.

And people wonder why so many managers have been sacked.....if you had results like that at another club you would be out lol.

10 games without a win.

Then Hibs pop along.

:pleasing:

:lol:

I noticed that. We can always count on them to lift us from the doldrums.

:yas:

Was the Inverness game around that period the one where we ended up playing Lee Wallace in goals? One of the most bizarre games of football I've seen with a range of emotions throughout. Mainly negatives!!

The games against Inverness and St Mirren (I think) over that particular Christmas nearly pushed me over the edge. Dark dark times.

There's prob been worse teams before my time watching Hearts but that side was utterly souless, I went home and away that season bar the last couple of games and I actually remember just wanting it to be the off season. The first season I ever left games at half time to go to the boozer, utter horse, a disjointed mess.

Its wathching these kind of things that really show what Csaba did in his first season with us.

I think the only highlight of that season was the 4-2 win over rangers.

Was the Inverness game around that period the one where we ended up playing Lee Wallace in goals? One of the most bizarre games of football I've seen with a range of emotions throughout. Mainly negatives!!

Yep that was the one. Kurskis got himself sent off and we were stuck with Wallace in goals. IIRC he probably would have saved the winning goal had he actually went for it with his hands rather than his feet.

Jesus that is scary.

Berra's face basically sums up that whole season.

Craig Gordon at the end trying not to laugh as Eddie makes some sort if noise is funny and bizarre in equal measures.

Chad Sexington

Craig Gordon at the end trying not to laugh as Eddie makes some sort if noise is funny and bizarre in equal measures.

:lol:

There are not enough facepalms on the internet. :vrface:

What a shambles. :down:

Archived