Usain Bolt

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm surprised no football club has tried to sign him, after all you hear the "he's got great pace" mantra used frequently when a player has no other attributes whatsoever, eg Ivan Sproule.

I'm surprised no football club has tried to sign him, after all you hear the "he's got great pace" mantra used frequently when a player has no other attributes whatsoever, eg Ivan Sproule.

he made lots of noise about how he'd love to play for man utd and would consider swapping his spiked shoes for studded boots in a few years. i seem to recall fergie invited him to a couple of training sessions (its a great photo op) and since then usain has been rather quiet on the subject.

as is evidenced by ivan, you need more than just pace. sproule trains every day with footballers (hibs employees at least) and is still pretty ropey. I remember watching darren campbell playing in pro-am friendlies and, whilst his pace is still formidable, it produced very little. Would be interesting to see bolt play in the championship or league one though.

And it hardly needs saying again, but a phenomenal athlete.

Really looking forward to the 100m final in London 2012.

Bolt's gonna smash the record AGAIN!

Got my doubts about the 200m record. Not sure how much he could shave off that. Love to see it though.

Come again?

I just find him really arrogant. I know some people will say he has the right to be. He's undoubtedly a phenomonal athlete, but I can't be arsed with his antics for the cameras.

I'm the same with boxers. I know they say sports like boxing and sprinting are as much about the psychology as anything else, but I still think you can be a great and be a bit more humble about it.

Randle P McMurphy

I just find him really arrogant. I know some people will say he has the right to be. He's undoubtedly a phenomonal athlete, but I can't be arsed with his antics for the cameras.

I'm the same with boxers. I know they say sports like boxing and sprinting are as much about the psychology as anything else, but I still think you can be a great and be a bit more humble about it.

don't see that in him to be honest but if he is he undoubtedly has earned the right. the guy is a phenomenon the likes of which you are unlikely to see again in your lifetime.

Carl Spackler

I say he's a showman but I don't think he's arrogant. He seems pretty cool to me.

Racist.

:ninja:

One of his best mates is Ricardo Fuller. Bolt has appeared on the pitch at half time in Stoke.

Worth a punt? :whistling:

Creepy Lurker

Bolt's a freak of nature.

I was reading an interview with him once where the interviewer asked about his approach to sports nutrition. Bolt was just like: 'I don't really bother with it. If I want chicken wings, I'm having chicken wings'.

Legend. :lol:

Archived