U19's Today

basher161

Won 2-1 after being 1-0 down. Callum Paterson with both goals I think. Hanging on a bit at the end against a decent Aberdeen side.

Just watched the 2nd half so only saw the second Hearts goal but played some nice passing football. Jason Holt looks like a very composed player in midfield.

Ribery's Face

Holt played well along with te captian don't know his name. Yep 4 on the trott! Some good possession and passing football played

Footballfirst

Good win against a competent and pacy Aberdeen side. Hearts could have been a couple of goals up before Aberdeen scored on the break completely against the run of play. Paterson's finish for the equaliser was exquisite. Much more even 2nd half with few chances. Paterson scored with a header from a Mullen free kick.

Aberdeen threatened on the break late on. They had a decent shout for a penalty turned down and went close with a header over the top in the last minute but I can't recall Jack Hamilton actually making a save the whole game.

Will give a fuller report after the Scotland game.

Good win against a competent and pacy Aberdeen side. Hearts could have been a couple of goals up before Aberdeen scored on the break completely against the run of play. Paterson's finish for the equaliser was exquisite. Much more even 2nd half with few chances. Paterson scored with a header from a Mullen free kick.

Aberdeen threatened on the break late on. They had a decent shout for a penalty turned down and went close with a header over the top in the last minute but I can't recall Jack Hamilton actually making a save the whole game.

Will give a fuller report after the Scotland game.

Thanks FF was our first glimpse of the 19's this season and there are a few new faces - thought 8 looked a player - when you do your report can you give numbers beside the names please?

Why no Tapping?

cheers!

Footballfirst

Thanks FF was our first glimpse of the 19's this season and there are a few new faces - thought 8 looked a player - when you do your report can you give numbers beside the names please?

Why no Tapping?

cheers!

Tapping only joins us on Monday. Jamie Walker also resuming taining on Monday

Today's team

1 Jack Hamilton

2 Fraser Mullen

3 Kevin McHattie

4 Brad McKay

5 Chris Kane

6 Chris Tobin

7 Ryan Stewart (12 Dale Carrick)

8 Dave Smith

9 Callum Paterson

10 Jason Holt

11 Billy King (15 George Scott)

Tapping only joins us on Monday. Jamie Walker also resuming taining on Monday

Today's team

1 Jack Hamilton

2 Fraser Mullen

3 Kevin McHattie

4 Brad McKay

5 Chris Kane

6 Chris Tobin

7 Ryan Stewart (12 Dale Carrick)

8 Dave Smith

9 Callum Paterson

10 Jason Holt

11 Billy King (15 George Scott)

thanls FF

Footballfirst

King was 9 and Peterson was 11 FF.

You're right Basher - I hesitated when I made the post but should have checked my photos from the game to confirm.

Ribery's Face

Anyone?

Don't know about the score today but they have won 2 and drawn 1, they drew last week against Aberdeen, haven't heard the score from today's game against Dundee united

Don't know about the score today but they have won 2 and drawn 1, they drew last week against Aberdeen, haven't heard the score from today's game against Dundee united

So we are the only team to have a 100% record then?

Good.

Perhaps this year can be the year for these boys.

Ribery's Face

So we are the only team to have a 100% record then?

Good.

Perhaps this year can be the year for these boys.

Yep we are they only team with 100% still. Hopefully this is the year!

Footballfirst

How did Celtic get on?

I'm sure they were the only other team with a 100% record.

According to the Celtic website they dew 0-0. A great result for Hearts. :thumbsup:

jambo_ritchie1991

Anyone?

Celtic drew 0-0.

In their last league game against Aberdeen they drew 1-1. So they didnt have a 100% record.

Hope this answers your question.

I am going to return to an old topic.

Hearts have a successful squad that are probably the best in the SPL U19s this season. But what happens to those that leave the Academy at the end of the season and are not quite ready for the first team squad? If the SPL are not going to resurrect a Reserve League, then Hearts need to look at maintaining a team at U21 level in the EOS League. Maintaining an U21 team may allow many of the driftwood to be released from the senior squad.

Footballfirst

Here is the gist of a report that will shortly appear on the HYDC website

Hearts started the game with the same team that finished the previous week?s victory against Rangers with Ryan Stewart replacing Dale Carrick in the starting line up. Aberdeen fielded a very young side that only contained three 2nd year U19s.

Hearts youngsters quickly got into their stride and created a good opening for Billy King after 4 minutes, but the young striker was crowded out before he could get a shot away. Two minutes later the same player got on the end of a cross from Fraser Mullen, but his shot was well saved by Lukasik in the Aberdeen goal.

The keeper came to Aberdeen?s rescue again in 14 minutes when Hearts used a training ground move from a throw in on the left to set up a shot from 25 yards by Fraser Mullen. The full back?s effect looked net bound but was parried away for a corner.

It was Aberdeen however who scored the opening goal on 19 minutes against the run of play. A long cross-field ball from the left back position found its way through to Ryan Fraser coming in at pace from the right wing and he slid the ball past Jack Hamilton and in off the post to give the visitors the lead.

Aberdeen?s confidence was lifted somewhat by the goal, but Hearts continued to press forward. They got their reward after 33 minutes when Jason Holt picked up the ball on the right, evaded a strong challenge and played a one-two with Ryan Stewart. The midfield dynamo got to the bye line and cut the ball back to the edge of the box where Callum Paterson struck the ball first time with a crisp low shot to the keeper?s left and into the corner of the net.

Callum Paterson missed a great chance just before the interval when he headed a fine Fraser Mullen cross over the bar.

The second half started more evenly in terms of territory with Hearts continuing to have the bulk of possession, but with Aberdeen looking increasingly threatening on the break, particularly with the pace they had down both flanks. That said, there were no clear chances created at either end, with the Aberdeen defence well marshalled by Jack Grimmer and Hearts? Brad McKay controlling things for the home side.

Hearts did get the break they were looking for after 66 minutes. Afree kick 25 yards out on the left was swung into the area by Fraser Mullen and Callum Paterson stooped to head the ball goal-wards and with the aid of a slight deflection the ball went into the net for Callum?s and Hearts second goal.

Aberdeen hit back and had a strong claim for a penalty after 72 minutes when Brad McKay appeared to pull back Dean Carse as he dribbled along the bye line. The referee said play on and the Aberdeen striker was booked for dissent.

Hearts created some half chances themselves for Billy King and Dale Carrick but the young forwards appeared not fully committed in their efforts on goal.

Another chance went begging for Aberdeen on 80 minutes but a mishit header was cleared by Brad McKay by the post.

Hearts were content to retain possession and play out time, but it always looked as if Aberdeen would get one more chance. That came in stoppage time when left back Jamie Masson got his head to a corner from the left but his effort went just over the top.

That was the last chance of the game and the whistle blew with Hearts a little relieved to see out the win, but overall they deserved their win on the number of chances created and the edge of possession they enjoyed throughout.

Best for Hearts were Fraser Mullen in the first half and my MOTM Brad Mckay who had an outstanding second half.

I am going to return to an old topic.

Hearts have a successful squad that are probably the best in the SPL U19s this season. But what happens to those that leave the Academy at the end of the season and are not quite ready for the first team squad? If the SPL are not going to resurrect a Reserve League, then Hearts need to look at maintaining a team at U21 level in the EOS League. Maintaining an U21 team may allow many of the driftwood to be released from the senior squad.

SFA need to review the possibility of getting a reserve league up and running again with the member clubs.

The_razors_edge

SFA need to review the possibility of getting a reserve league up and running again with the member clubs.

Or alternatively, allow clubs to put Under 21 teams in the lower leagues to give them some competitive action. Similar to Spanish B teams

I e4xpect the have actually gone umpteen games without defeat. The last one I can recall was when our Lochend friends knocked them out the Cup.

Might check if I can be bothered.

Footballfirst

I e4xpect the have actually gone umpteen games without defeat. The last one I can recall was when our Lochend friends knocked them out the Cup.

Might check if I can be bothered.

Ssssshhhhhhh! I've been deliberately trying to avoid saying anything about the number of games ......

Footballfirst

Celtic drew 0-0.

In their last league game against Aberdeen they drew 1-1. So they didnt have a 100% record.

Hope this answers your question.

It appears that Celtic actually won 5-0 so not so good from a Hearts point of view.

Archived