Statistical Point Of Order

Guess The Crowd

Guess The Crowd

Throughout the afternoon, our good friends at Radio Scotland have been telling us that this is the first time Hearts have finished in the bottom half / bottom six since 1992/93. I'm pretty sure they're wrong on about four counts.

First 1998/99; despite a very good finish, I'm sure we finished 6th in a 10-team league. Second, 1993/94 was very similar (good finish to a horrendously difficult season under Sandy Clark, but again 6th/7th). Third, we only avoided a relegation play-off on the final day of the following season, 1994/95. And finally, the season they quote, 1992/93, we actually came 5th IIRC, and I think got a late qualification to the UEFA cup due to the war in the former Yugoslavia.

But, hey, apart from that BBC Radio Scotland got it right. Anyone confirm?

Hearts Heritage
Throughout the afternoon, our good friends at Radio Scotland have been telling us that this is the first time Hearts have finished in the bottom half / bottom six since 1992/93. I'm pretty sure they're wrong on about four counts.

First 1998/99; despite a very good finish, I'm sure we finished 6th in a 10-team league. Second, 1993/94 was very similar (good finish to a horrendously difficult season under Sandy Clark, but again 6th/7th). Third, we only avoided a relegation play-off on the final day of the following season, 1994/95. And finally, the season they quote, 1992/93, we actually came 5th IIRC, and I think got a late qualification to the UEFA cup due to the war in the former Yugoslavia.

But, hey, apart from that BBC Radio Scotland got it right. Anyone confirm?

you really should know where to look by now :)

Hearts by Season

Last time we were 7th was 93-94

We went into last 2 games with relegation looming

Archived