Ryan Stevenson Injured

Arthur Morgan

The People's Chimp

Not good. He'll be gutted as well. Really like Ryan; he shows what hard work can do to augment talent. It was a step up from the 1st Division but he's really taken the chance, worked hard and is reaping the rewards. Good lad.

Think I'll wait for this to be comfirmed by the club. A real blow if true, he is

one of our best players at the moment and works his socks off!! :(

Guest NeilMorriseyIsAJambo

Again... Source?

He is first name on the team-sheet for me these days. Performances of late have been superb.

bad one. hopefully smith will get the nod. sutton looks like being a bench player at best. he hasn't exactly been brilliant before he got dropped anyway.

smith and elliott in a two. yas.

Why are our players getting so many injuries during training?

We never had this problem when we trained on public parks, before we had Riccarton for training.

Why are our players getting so many injuries during training?

We never had this problem when we trained on public parks, before we had Riccarton for training.

Softies these days that's why. The "dad's army" teams of the 80's were never anywhere near the injury problems of today and more than half of them were in their 30's. Sand dunes at Gullane would sort them out, just ask Alex MacDonald.

Training complexes.... bah! :down:

We_are_the_Hearts

We have Sutton, Smith and Elliott still. Also Ryan was playing more off the striker if you ask me. I'm sure Taouil, Rudi and Temps are worth a shot there as well. We will be fine.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Great chance for Smith, Robinson, Skacel, Taouil and Sutton to all try and grab a starting slot.

Really like Stevenson though, hope he comes back just as hungry.

loveofthegame

Saw him at David Lloyd the other day with a big plastic boot thing on his foot, didn't want to start a thread on here for fear of it being compared to seeing a player doing their shopping at Tescos....

Unfortunately could be something in what the OP says, would be a blow after such a top derby performance, was really hoping RS would build on it.

Nelly Terraces

Bad news for Ryan, just as he was showing some form. I've had that injury (caused by running), it's a barsteward, feet up for the tattooed hobo bashing lad from Ayr for a few weeks methinks!

The Treasurer

This shows how fans opinons can quickly change.

Most are now disappointed that RS could be out for a spell, but a year ago this news would have been met with delight by the majority.

Obviously those that REALLY know their football saw his potential right from the start (myself included of course) :P

Yep. A big miss for us, as others have said he's a hard worker who's in top form at the moment. Oh, and he won me a handful of loot with his goal against the welts last week.

18Jambo_dave74

His work rate, whether in midfield or attack, will be a big miss.

Time to see someone else step up and make their mark, perhaps a chance for Skacel to get back into the side.

I didn't know this but was told today that Ryan Stevenson will be out for 6-8 weeks with Achilles Tendinosis :(

if this is true, treated properly he should be back in 4 weeks

Saw him at David Lloyd the other day with a big plastic boot thing on his foot, didn't want to start a thread on here for fear of it being compared to seeing a player doing their shopping at Tescos....

Unfortunately could be something in what the OP says, would be a blow after such a top derby performance, was really hoping RS would build on it.

He was wearing Crocs? Deserved to be dropped anyway then

I didn't know this but was told today that Ryan Stevenson will be out for 6-8 weeks with Achilles Tendinosis :(

Really like Ryan; he shows what hard work can do to augment talent. It was a step up from the 1st Division but he's really taken the chance, worked hard and is reaping the rewards. Good lad.

I've had that injury (caused by running), it's a barsteward...

How times have changed. Our striker is now injured from working too hard and doing too much running.

His work rate, whether in midfield or attack, will be a big miss.

Time to see someone else step up and make their mark, perhaps a chance for Skacel to get back into the side.

Perhaps but he does not have the same work rate as Stevenson although he has scored important goals for us in the past.

Hopefully his loss won't have an effect on the team at all.

Which is the whole point of having a squad.

Good to see so many people concerned about Ryans injury and I'm disappointed for him after a good start to the season.

What I like about Ryan is that he knows he was given a superb opportunity by JJ and he grabbed it with both hands. I said when he first signed that there was a player there, what I did not know was how big the gulf was between Ayr and the SPL. with regards to him getting up to speed, but fair play to the guy he has worked his bollocks off to get there, I hope he is not out for any length of time. Good luck my man.........thumbsup.gif

Has this been 100% confirmed yet ?

Is it not from a poster who got into trouble for posting accurate team line ups before they were announced?

Don't forget Obua either. If his finishing had been better at Ibrox, he'd be the most prolific man in the SPL at the moment!

;-)

JamboAberdeen

We have Taouli, young Smith, Sutton, Novi, Rudi and others waiting for their chance.

Hope it won't affect our game.

But come back quickly big man! :thumbsup:

Archived