Something Positive - Clean Sheets

JamboGraham

JamboGraham

In the last 11 matches we have played every team in the SPL. We have recorded 8 clean sheets in these matches.

Outside of the Old Firm only St Mirren managed to score a goal against us.

Feel better now?....nah thought not.

However, still an excellent record and certainly gives a major pointer to the areas of the park that we need to work on first.

This says more about the standard of the SPL (absolute gash) than it does about anything positive at Hearts. And to think we are going to finish in the bottom half of itgiven our resources, facilities and wage structure. Utterly disgraceful.

JamboGraham
Robert Mugabe could use you mate.

Ha,....still 100% factually correct though, it is an excellent record.

JamboGraham
This says more about the standard of the SPL (absolute gash) than it does about anything positive at Hearts. And to think we are going to finish in the bottom half of itgiven our resources, facilities and wage structure. Utterly disgraceful.

But surely that agrument can be used in all cases. They couldn't score against us because they are so poor, we couldn't score against them because we are so poor. A double negative.

Limited praise where it is due surely? One of the very few positive things at the moment.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Sh*t stinks, that's factually correct also.

Jambof3tornado

I am sorry but normally I would love to be positive but clean sheet or not we have finished in the bottom half of an utterly crap league.

Roll on next season.

It is an excellent record and it is something to build on next season but for now it does not count for much.

In the last 11 matches we have played every team in the SPL. We have recorded 8 clean sheets in these matches.

However, still an excellent record and certainly gives a major pointer to the areas of the park that we need to work on first.

You're right that we are not shipping them, but how Kilmarnock didn't score today was more fortune than skill.

A Boy Named Crow

Fair's fair, that is a positive pint. The flip side is though that our results have not been electrifying. The answer would be not to meddle too much with the defence, but have a complete overhaul of the strikers, seems obvious really!

Toxteth O'Grady

Very true Graham we haven't lost many goals lately (rode our luck in the first half today)

BUT

Goals win games and it's hard to predict where our next goal is coming from.

4-5-1 at home against poor opposition doesn't help and neither does the fact that the 2 Hearts players who have scored most goals this season are not with us (Velicka and Bednar).

The sooner this season is over with the better. Hopefully we can make some positive changes over the summer and put up a much better show next season.

Patrick Bateman

Its pretty hard to conceed when you never go forward and play 5 midfielders in virtually every match.

I like the fact we are getting the clean sheets but I'd rather see us scoring goals. I'd rather win each game 4-3 than 1-0 or 0-0.

If we can keep the defense we have and add McDonald then improve the strikers and replace a couple of midfielders with players like Skacel (but better), players like Hartley (but better).

JamboGraham
You're right that we are not shipping them, but how Kilmarnock didn't score today was more fortune than skill.

I can't argue with that. However, more often and not you get the breaks that your overall play deserves. The fact that we concede very few goals suggests that we are doing something right at the back.

Reading on "Ooh aah Pinilla" comments about our lack of goals and how much that hurts us...today was do or die and we had the look of a team hoping for a no scoring away draw...

Toxteth O'Grady
I can't argue with that. However, more often and not you get the breaks that your overall play deserves. The fact that we concede very few goals suggests that we are doing something right at the back.

Reading on "Ooh aah Pinilla" comments about our lack of goals and how much that hurts us...today was do or die and we had the look of a team hoping for a no scoring away draw...

It was the same last week Graham

We needed to beat Falkirk, we weren't looking like scoring and still all the subs were like for like.

Captain Canada

I think that's a fantastic record and Frail should be proud of the job he's done in that area. Also I would say that he's not exactly had a wealth of striking talent to work with so all he's done is what he knows best i.e. keep a clean sheet and you won't lose games. He shouldn't take any of the blame for our bottom 6 finish. All the damage was done in the first half of the season when he had no say on team selection or tactics. He's done the best he can with the squad at his disposal.

Shows how daft selling Velicka was.

Frail can only do his best with what he is given. We have decent defenders and rank forwards, how much better could anyone else have done with such pants players to pick from?

I think that Velicka leaving has something to do with it. He couldn't hold the ball up front which meant that the ball was always coming straight back at our defence. They never got a chance to reorganise.

I think Nade and Elliot have huge faults but as the main strikers in our last 10 or so games they are each better than Velicka at holding the ball up.

It is a good record and Berra and Neilson as the only defenders to play in each of those clean sheet games should be proud of it. Karipidis cowardice against St Mirren cost us the only goal.

Record could easily have been lost today - we were so soft in defence in the first half and only some tremendous Basso saves kept us in it.

Archived