Mark McGhee - Who Are We Kidding

Guest GhostHunter

Guest GhostHunter

By him beating Celtic today, has proved once and for all, he's too good for us.

He'll be unveiled as Celtic's new manager in the close season...

Bring in Billy Davies NOW, and let him sort out the sheite our club is in.

If not Billy Davies - ffs get someone in NOW - dont let F®ail ruin the kids in the run in....

:ninja:

McGhee would have to be off his rocker to join us. And cant see us appointing Davis or anyone else half decent tbh....if we were going to we would have by now, it doesnt take 4/5/6 months to appoint a manager.

NoseLikeMahe

3 man shortlist and Davies isn't on it, from what I hear.

Next to no chance of anything happening before end of season - altho you'd think a confirmed bottom 6 finish might hasten some kind of announcement. Wouldn't hold my breath tho...

McGhee or Davies would be as stupid to come as Berra or Kingston would be to stay.

The Comedian

The common reason that most Jambos don't want McGhee is he starts well at clubs then falls away after half a season.

It seem's that might be proved wrong too. The club should do everything in it's power to appoint MM as the new Hearts manager IMO.

If not Billy Davies - ffs get someone in NOW - dont let F®ail ruin the kids in the run in....

mcghee is not the man for hearts HE WANTS THE CELTIC JOB.

NOW ROMANOV NEEDS TO GET A QUALITY MANAGER NOW.

a manager who's better that mcghee and smith, a manager who can win us the SPL championship. there are managers out there in this big old world of ours let's hope romanov has the ability and the will to get him.

i can just hear all the losers out there crying. WELL WHO DO YOU WANT AS MANAGER. my message to them is hearts should break the bank to get a top manager as this is the most important job at any club and if we want success we have to aim high.

what is romanov willing to pay for a quality manager, when we know that we could suggest managers.

Next to no chance of anything happening before end of season - altho you'd think a confirmed bottom 6 finish might hasten some kind of announcement. Wouldn't hold my breath tho...

from what i hear i wouldn't believe anything that filters out of hearts. it's all bull**** !

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

MM comes across as a decent guy though I loathed him as a player.

He would be nuts to come to Hearts.

In reality, so would any decent manager.

How could any manager be expected to work in this environment? Trust does not exist.

No, MM wont come here.

I would not wish it on the guy.

Carl Weathers

So who is on this shortlist?

McGhee and Levein being two?

Gigolo-Aunt

I still think he would come to Hearts in a second.

Just cant see Strachan getting the boot.

Guest GhostHunter
I still think he would come to Hearts in a second.

Just cant see Strachan getting the boot.

Watch this space....

:D

shaun.lawson
mcghee is not the man for hearts HE WANTS THE CELTIC JOB.

NOW ROMANOV NEEDS TO GET A QUALITY MANAGER NOW.

a manager who's better that mcghee and smith, a manager who can win us the SPL championship. there are managers out there in this big old world of ours let's hope romanov has the ability and the will to get him.

i can just hear all the losers out there crying. WELL WHO DO YOU WANT AS MANAGER. my message to them is hearts should break the bank to get a top manager as this is the most important job at any club and if we want success we have to aim high.

what is romanov willing to pay for a quality manager, when we know that we could suggest managers.

That's right, Mitch - let's break the bank. ?8m loss in a single year? ?36m debt? Technically insolvent? Who cares about such minor details, eh?

Give me strength.

Winning at Sellick Park is nothing to shout about these days. We did it in the League Cup this season.

McGhee won't be going to Sellick Park either. There's no way the Mhanks would take him. They want Moyes or some one similar. They'd see McGhee as a step down.

letsmakesomenoise

Just can one of the 10k a week failures, and give it to a manager. Would be plenty prepared to come for that sort of spondoolics.

Might even be tempted masel, as long as Vlad promises to switch the fax off!

JamboGraham

Eh....even Robbo managed to "mastermind" a win at Parkhead. I really don't think this changes much. Given the current feeling of the Celtic support do you really think they are going to accept the appointment of McGhee as the answer to all the problems that is "Stachan"?

Only a Game

Aww wake up Mitch....THE BANK IS ALREADY BROKEN !!!

We are NOT going to win the SPL title any time soon nor will we be making a serious attempt any time soon.

If we get McGhee(which I seriously doubt) or someone in his quality range, I will be seriously delighted.

Clerry Jambo
Winning at Sellick Park is nothing to shout about these days. We did it in the League Cup this season.

McGhee won't be going to Sellick Park either. There's no way the Mhanks would take him. They want Moyes or some one similar. They'd see McGhee as a step down.

Spot on mate - if Strachan goes they'll be looking to the Premiership

McGhee is a decent manager and would be interested in the Hearts job but hard to see him leave Motherwell if they get that Euro spot.

Only a Game
So who is on this shortlist?

McGhee and Levein being two?

I would imagine if there is such a list the other name on it is Jefferies (marked - only in extreme emergency)

What I hope happens next season -

- A fairly good manager is appointed with a not bad CV.

- Some serious (and I mean serious) cost cutting is done.

- Sell off all the high earners, Kingston, Tall, Makela, Nade, Etc a club in as much debt as ours cannot justify spending this kind of cash on players.

- Bring in some good SPL standard players that can do a job and get us back fighting it out for 3rd and 4th place.

I believe all of this can be done and I think its what would be best for the club.

Seriously, 4 months since that statement was made. If we were serious we would have appointed someone. Tried to resecue this season and started building for next. Not Hearts apparantly our only canditate is a man that we need to wait 6 months on.

No serious and professional football club consistently gives interim reserve coaches 3 or 4 month trial periods of "control" whilst searching for "the right man". We could already have had Warnock if we had tried at all, and Davies.

And no matter what anyone says about whether they are the best men for the job BOTH would have had us 10 times the side we are now.

If anyone thinks Frail is the better option than these god help you. Oh and by the way, anyone that thinks today was Frail's team, god help you too.

We should have appointed someone inside a month after the initial statement.

Don't think we ever intended to appoint a manager, other than Frail possibility getting that title. Still think he might, though it will be a lot harder to achieve after failing to reach the top 6.

I don't think McGee will come and I do think its a bit of spin. However, how bad is it when McGee, the manager of Motherwell, is probably aiming too high!

Seriously, 4 months since that statement was made. If we were serious we would have appointed someone. Tried to resecue this season and started building for next. Not Hearts apparantly our only canditate is a man that we need to wait 6 months on.

The first sentence is exactly what should have happened. The rest of your post is pretty gloomy but sadly I think it is also spot on.

To think there was discussions as to whether we would get a boss in before Hibs!

Toxteth O'Grady
The first sentence is exactly what should have happened. The rest of your post is pretty gloomy but sadly I think it is also spot on.

To think there was discussions as to whether we would get a boss in before Hibs!

It shows that the 1st of January statement was a desperate attempt to placate the fans. There was never any intention of getting a new manager quickly and I'm not entirely convinced it will happen at all.

Too good for US? Hows that then? Who is he currently managing?

The White Cockade

Too good for us as we are a laughing stock

also check out where Motherwell are in the league compared to us

and they've had no money to spend in last 2 years

Too good for us as we are a laughing stock

also check out where Motherwell are in the league compared to us

and they've had no money to spend in last 2 years

sorry, still dont get why he`s too good? was Burley too good ? we had robbo b 4 that.

It'll be near impossible to attract someone of a high calibre to the club whilst Vlad is still here.

He's been quiet over the passed months but I reckon he's tainted the reputation of the club.

Goldstone Wonder
I'd rather have Windsor Davies. Lovely Boy.

I'd take Don Estelle over Billy Davies.

McGhee has walked out/been emptied out, of every job he has had in management.

So has Jose Mourinho, do you not want him too?

Pathetic excuse.

Ryan Gosling
McGhee has walked out/been emptied out, of every job he has had in management.

So has EVERY manager on the planet. You either get sacked or resign.

:confused:

Drew Busby !
We should have appointed someone inside a month after the initial statement.

Don't think we ever intended to appoint a manager, other than Frail possibility getting that title. Still think he might, though it will be a lot harder to achieve after failing to reach the top 6.

I don't think McGee will come and I do think its a bit of spin. However, how bad is it when McGee, the manager of Motherwell, is probably aiming too high!

Sadly of course it all makes sense in that mad mad perverse way that things do at Tynie these days.

• Had a genuine no-nonsense manager been appointed then we might have still have made top-six with a bit to spare. And we might have progressed in the cup.
  • Had we held on to our top-scorer then, again, we would probably looking at top-six tonight rather than this dismal underachievement.
  • Had the owner been interested in furthering the playing side, and lifting the fans morale, then he could easily have made these decisive steps at any time prior to now.

But he didn't do so, and this all adds to the evidence base that whilst he might well have an ongoing interest in keeping Hearts going, and for all kinds of reasons, he actually has no interest or concern in even the most minimal level of on-pitch attainment or in providing fans satisfaction. He just doesn't care one jot about the things that we care about.

And for those reasons he can and should GTF.

The White Cockade
Sadly of course it all makes sense in that mad mad perverse way that things do at Tynie these days.

• Had a genuine no-nonsense manager been appointed then we might have still have made top-six with a bit to spare. And we might have progressed in the cup.
  • Had we held on to our top-scorer then, again, we would probably looking at top-six tonight rather than this dismal underachievement.
  • Had the owner been interested in furthering the playing side, and lifting the fans morale, then he could easily have made these decisive steps at any time prior to now.

But he didn't do so, and this all adds to the evidence base that whilst he might well have an ongoing interest in keeping Hearts going, and for all kinds of reasons, he actually has no interest or concern in even the most minimal level of on-pitch attainment or in providing fans satisfaction. He just doesn't care one jot about the things that we care about.

Spot on mate

Mr Quagmire

I think your right Dex.

Buffalo Bill
What I hope happens next season -

- A fairly good manager is appointed with a not bad CV.

- Some serious (and I mean serious) cost cutting is done.

- Sell off all the high earners, Kingston, Tall, Makela, Nade, Etc a club in as much debt as ours cannot justify spending this kind of cash on players.

- Bring in some good SPL standard players that can do a job and get us back fighting it out for 3rd and 4th place.

I believe all of this can be done and I think its what would be best for the club.

286 posts?

You should write on here more often.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

See i think MM would come to Hearts (and yes mate, he has walked/been pushed - like everyone else).

He'll be on what? ?100K a year at Well? They get crowds of 5,000 and the town is a hole.

He comes to Hearts - we get crowds of 17,000, he can live in a nice city, have a bigger budget to play with, and best of all - he gets paid three, maybe four times his Motherwell salary.

Things can change so quickly in football. Hearts were crap at the end of 04/05.

It all comes to down to Romanov. Is he so barking mad that he'll blow this 'last chance'?

Would MM come to Hearts?

Would you?

Buffalo Bill

Gigolo-Aunt
See i think MM would come to Hearts (and yes mate, he has walked/been pushed - like everyone else).

He'll be on what? ?100K a year at Well? They get crowds of 5,000 and the town is a hole.

He comes to Hearts - we get crowds of 17,000, he can live in a nice city, have a bigger budget to play with, and best of all - he gets paid three, maybe four times his Motherwell salary.

Things can change so quickly in football. Hearts were crap at the end of 04/05.

It all comes to down to Romanov. Is he so barking mad that he'll blow this 'last chance'?

Would MM come to Hearts?

Would you?

Buffalo Bill

I think he would be mad not to come to Hearts if offered. Just as much as I think we would be mad not to offer him the gig.

IMO he is exactly what we neeed.

shaun.lawson

Billy Davies also won 1-0 at Parkhead when in charge of 10-man Motherwell, and went on to finish 4th, where McGhee's Well could still easily end up too. Seems odd to regard such a result as having taken MM out of our league, I must say.

Buffalo Bill
I think he would be mad not to come to Hearts if offered. Just as much as I think we would be mad not to offer him the gig.

I hope so mate.

Happier times ahead if he comes.

Buffalo Bill

Patrick Bateman

Agreed. I'm pretty sure that Romanov's ego will always get in the way, sadly. McGhee must be given full control of team and squad selection; we need to bin any player who is not at the club on merit. Thats something VR doesn't seem capable of understanding - he underestimates the SPL far, far too much.

Still, if we bring in McGhee, 5 or 6 new players and get rid of about 10-15 then things will look a whole lot brighter.

JamboJoker98

Well put.

All it took was to appoint a Billy Davies, Jim Jefferies, Mark McGhee or Neil Warnock in January and we would be on our way. Just that little bit of effort from our owner. Here we are 4 months down the line and he hasn't bothered and that is why we are in the bottom 6 with a bunch of **** over paid players.

People go on about the right man for the job on here a lot. Who the hell is the right man for the job anyway? Surely at the time of his statement in January, that job was to get us in the top 6 and make us a stable playing side again with the players giving 100% for the Hearts, clear out of some of the dross too. Then build on that for next season. FFS we have fallen so far that any half decent manager would improve the team and if they improve the team then surely that is the right choice, instead of sticking with Frail for 4+ months. I like Frail & I loved him as a player, I just don't think he's got the ability to manage.

We couldn't afford to keep Frail in that position for 4 months without a decent manager being brought in, and we have reaped our rewards for it now.

I get the impression McGhee is a 'pull' kind of manager, rather than a 'push'. He gets players enjoying themselves and wanting to play for him, rather than putting the sh*tters up them. If I'm correct then most of this team would have to go as they're already spoilt goods and won't be turned around by encouragement.

Buffalo Bill
If I'm correct then most of this team would have to go as they're already spoilt goods and won't be turned around by encouragement.

Sounds good to me, Walter lad.

Buffalo Bill

Dirk Diggler

We may not get Mark McGhee, In fact I very much doubt we'll get him.

I'd be amazed if he were at Celtic next season though.

Seymour M Hersh
We may not get Mark McGhee, In fact I very much doubt we'll get him.

I'd be amazed if he were at Celtic next season though.

I think if we want him we can get him and he would come to HMFC. I do agree with you re the smellies though. If wgs is pushed or jumps then they will go for a bigger name than MM to appease the dirt that is their fanbase.

As I've suggested on other similar threads, I think JJ could be the litmus test here. If the Jan 1st declaration is to hold up we simply must appoint someone to sort us out. If SF gets the gig we're f**** , not with regards to his ability but simply because there are without doubt managers out there who WOULD come and WOULD do the job of getting us back on track. On track being front runners for 3rd place at the moment ...........no more than that I'm afraid.

Anyway, I reckon JJ would crawl all the way here if he was asked to come and if we dont appoint either MM, CL, BD or JJ .........then we will, without any room for doubt, have been well and truly shafted :sad:

Archived