Tonight's EEN

Robbo27_22

I normally find myself paying very little attention to media opinion or self serving agenda but something tonight stuck right in my throat.

The no mark who was writing the Hibs half of the back page referred to Hibs as a "talented squad".

Simple remark but I really just don't know where it comes from!!

Talent produces wins - Hibs have one this season, around another 9 under Calderwood. Most of those ten were in the honeymoon period when he arrived.

Talented players stand out - who was the last player Hibs had that stood out? In the current set up, O Connor capable, Sproule will show against lesser teams, really can't think of anyone else. Sunday wasn't a purist classic but so few derbies are. That said, I thought both our full backs, Black, Stevenson (sublime ball for Hamill's chance) and Novikovas in his brief appearance all showed they are capable of changing games.

It's not just this one game, it's been this way since Mowbray's first year yet the myth still gets peddled with monotonous regularity.

Believe or not, up until recently, I've never really wished relegation on Hibs as I just love the derby too much. However, I feel a change coming on. EEN would still find a way to put a positive spin on it.

NewYorkJambo

I normally find myself paying very little attention to media opinion or self serving agenda but something tonight stuck right in my throat.

The no mark who was writing the Hibs half of the back page referred to Hibs as a "talented squad".

Simple remark but I really just don't know where it comes from!!

Talent produces wins - Hibs have one this season, around another 9 under Calderwood. Most of those ten were in the honeymoon period when he arrived.

Talented players stand out - who was the last player Hibs had that stood out? In the current set up, O Connor capable, Sproule will show against lesser teams, really can't think of anyone else. Sunday wasn't a purist classic but so few derbies are. That said, I thought both our full backs, Black, Stevenson (sublime ball for Hamill's chance) and Novikovas in his brief appearance all showed they are capable of changing games.

It's not just this one game, it's been this way since Mowbray's first year yet the myth still gets peddled with monotonous regularity.

Believe or not, up until recently, I've never really wished relegation on Hibs as I just love the derby too much. However, I feel a change coming on. EEN would still find a way to put a positive spin on it.

Which article? The Richie Towell one? I don't see that phrase anywhere in the article - albeit I did only give it a quick scan

Seymour M Hersh

But writing garbage like that keeps the deluded ones at fester road in their collective delusional comas. :thumbsup:

kingantti1874

When exactly was the glorious flair period? Admittedly under Mowbray they played some decent stuff but we were better... Other than that they have been nothing but consistently shite...

But writing garbage like that keeps the deluded ones at fester road in their collective delusional comas. :thumbsup:

I remember everyone singing their praises at the start of their last relegation season.

Drylaw Hearts

I remember everyone singing their praises at the start of their last relegation season.

Yep.

They beat Celtic, hammered Alloa or someone similar in the LC and were demanding Chic Charnley was called up by Scotland.

Which article? The Richie Towell one? I don't see that phrase anywhere in the article - albeit I did only give it a quick scan

It's in the paper version not the online one.

He says that augmenting an already talented side will see the competing far higher up the league than they already are.

Yep.

They beat Celtic, hammered Alloa or someone similar in the LC and were demanding Chic Charnley was called up by Scotland.

:lol:

Think they were sitting 1st or 2nd in the league after a handful of games that season.

kingantti1874

:lol:

Think they were sitting 1st or 2nd in the league after a handful of games that season.

When we beat them in the first derby at beaster road (neil mccann) it was a top of the table clash

When we beat them in the first derby at beaster road (neil mccann) it was a top of the table clash

... And as the defeats continued, Hibs players would tell us they were too good to go down.

Archived