Another goal line technology thread.

I.T.K

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110830/its-webbys-goal-officially_2241384_2436429

So Webster has been awarded the second goal on Sunday and quite rightly do, but did the ref or the linesman give him the goal before Johnsson scored.

I admit that it all happened quickly but we would be raging if Eggy had missed and then Hibs scored late on.

According to commentators on tv, neither ref or linesman acknowleged Websters goal, which is unbeleivable given the ball was well over the line. Am sure that I heard Websters name announced over tannoy as goal scorer tho!

kissthebadge

I don't understand how Webster can be credited with the goal if neither official gave it before Jonsson smashed it in. If he hadn't, they wouldn't award Webster with a goal retrospectively so why can they do it in these circumstances??

Its unclear whether the linesman has given the Webster goal or not judging on the TV footage. To me, it looks like they are covering up their incompetence by awarding Webster with the goal.

I wondered this at the time and I'm surprised its taken so long for a thread to appear. I'm pretty sure the ref didn't award it but TV pictures from one angle suggested that the lino was running towards the halfway line before Eggy fired it in which implies he was awarding a goal. Luckily Eggy did the decent thing and removed the was it / wasn't it a goal debate. Imagine the mayhem if Eggy hadn't put it in and the Hobos had scored to finish it 1-1.

Arthur Morgan

According to commentators on tv, neither ref or linesman acknowleged Websters goal, which is unbeleivable given the ball was well over the line. Am sure that I heard Websters name announced over tannoy as goal scorer tho!

Scott Wilson announced that Jonsson had scored then about a minute later corrected himself and said it was Webster's goal.

alwaysthereinspirit

Webster shouldn't get the goal credited to him if no official blew his whistle or pointed his flag in the direction of the halfway line. Utter incompetance at the very least by the linesman. Not even debatable on if it had crossed the line. Especially at a corner as he should be standing at the opposite corner flag just for this exact reason.

Ricardo Quaresma

I don't understand how Webster can be credited with the goal if neither official gave it before Jonsson smashed it in. If he hadn't, they wouldn't award Webster with a goal retrospectively so why can they do it in these circumstances??

Its unclear whether the linesman has given the Webster goal or not judging on the TV footage. To me, it looks like they are covering up their incompetence by awarding Webster with the goal.

This

I wondered this at the time and I'm surprised its taken so long for a thread to appear. I'm pretty sure the ref didn't award it but TV pictures from one angle suggested that the lino was running towards the halfway line before Eggy fired it in which implies he was awarding a goal. Luckily Eggy did the decent thing and removed the was it / wasn't it a goal debate. Imagine the mayhem if Eggy hadn't put it in and the Hobos had scored to finish it 1-1.

This

Webster shouldn't get the goal credited to him if no official blew his whistle or pointed his flag in the direction of the halfway line. Utter incompetance at the very least by the linesman. Not even debatable on if it had crossed the line. Especially at a corner as he should be standing at the opposite corner flag just for this exact reason.

This

SFA GTF

This

Why can they no have it like they do in hockey?

A goal is scored and a light rises from the crossbar!

Archived