Gary Glen

beefybathgate

beefybathgate

I have not heard Gary Glen being mentioned of late. If he does not fit into Sergio's plans would a loan move be beneficial?

beefybathgate

Whats the injury? When he's better would it not be better to loan him out to give him some games?

Gregory House M.D.

that and he isnt good enough

Tin hat on, I think he is. It's his attitude thats held him back. Met him in the Whispers once and he seemed a bit of a ******. Quite happy to stand at the bar and recieve free drinks as well.

In other news, Jamie Hammil has chose to stay in gods back garden. :verysmug:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The last few appearances for Hearts seem to have consisted of him standing about waiting for a ball to be played right to his feet, usually with his hands on his rather wider than normal hips. He looked out of shape and lazy.

I think it would take a minor miracle to see him fullfill his potential at Hearts now, real shame actually as his decline was swift and very public. I might be wrong of course but I do not see the player that we thought we might have had four years ago anymore and in fact apart from a goal versus Hibs in the Cup and a wee run of games and goals under Shaggy when we were bottom six and in a mess, I cannot recall any other times that he looked half decent. :ermm:

Arthur Morgan

@HGW - You've met him once, did you actually speak to him? My source sees him everyday and says he is probably the easiest player to get on with out of them all.

Oh and btw regarding his attitude, he's always the first to arrive in at training, doesn't sound bad to me.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

@HGW - You've met him once, did you actually speak to him? My source sees him everyday and says he is probably the easiest player to get on with out of them all.

Oh and btw regarding his attitude, he's always the first to arrive in at training, doesn't sound bad to me.

I am sure he is a perfect gentleman JJ... Personal feelings about his nature aside though, what have you made of his effort on the pitch in his last few games?

Gregory House M.D.

Yes. Was talking to him and Blackie. Seemed to have a superiority complex. I was half jaked when I met him though.

WeeToonJambo

I've never met the boy but I was told by someone very close to Gary, and a club legend, that his attitude was a problem and that was what was holding him back.

Gregory House M.D.

I've never met the boy but I was told by someone very close to Gary, and a club legend, that his attitude was a problem and that was what was holding him back.

Gary Mackay then?

Yes. Was talking to him and Blackie. Seemed to have a superiority complex. I was half jaked when I met him though.

like every other drunk male in a pub?

Gregory House M.D.

like every other drunk male in a pub?

No, quite different. Just stood looking about as if he was superior to everyone in the pub. He tore the piss out of my Hibee mate though :lol:

Jambof3tornado

Billy big boots was how I heard someone describe him. That someone does know him very well and was talking to our national coach at the time!

Tin hat and flak jacket on,I think Clums mobility may get noticed by PS and we could see the best in him,whether that is good enough or not is another matter.

Gregory House M.D.

Billy big boots was how I heard someone describe him. That someone does know him very well and was talking to our national coach at the time!

Tin hat and flak jacket on,I think Clums mobility may get noticed by PS and we could see the best in him,whether that is good enough or not is another matter.

That was my impression.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Elliot is a better player than Glen. He however has the onfield body-language of a recently beached jellyfish. :blink:

No, quite different. Just stood looking about as if he was superior to everyone in the pub. He tore the piss out of my Hibee mate though :lol:

mate ive been in whispers many a times it is chock full of people who think they're superior to everyone else. If he was he wouldnt have been out of place

Gregory House M.D.

mate ive been in whispers many a times it is chock full of people who think they're superior to everyone else. If he was he wouldnt have been out of place

That's the Brigg. Think the Whispers is more "If we don't know you, we don't like you".

Was just the way he held himself. Suppose you would have to be there.

Don't know if it's worth it, just as soon as he gets going after 5 or 6 games he'll probably get another injury that keeps him out for months, and then it's back to square one. Injury-prone players OUT imo.

Glen must go out on loan to a 1st Div team or similar where he would get first team football and impress. I'd even suggest a move down south. Just something to revitalise him and prove once or for all if he is good enough.

Think his decision to turn down a loan move to Brechin last January probably killed his Hearts career.

Glen must go out on loan to a 1st Div team or similar where he would get first team football and impress. I'd even suggest a move down south. Just something to revitalise him and prove once or for all if he is good enough.

Think his decision to turn down a loan move to Brechin last January probably killed his Hearts career.

What is the point?? I can tell you right now, HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!! :thumbsup:

The point would be that he is under contract, we have to pay him anywhere, any sort of first team football is likely to speed up interest and his departure. This is all on the basis he isn't good enough. If he was good enough and he went away and scored goals we'd either get a good fee or a first team striker who can score.

The point would be that he is under contract, we have to pay him anywhere, any sort of first team football is likely to speed up interest and his departure. This is all on the basis he isn't good enough. If he was good enough and he went away and scored goals we'd either get a good fee or a first team striker who can score.

I reckon he has 1 year left on his contract, I very much doubt anyone would pay a fee for his services.

We should tell him to find another club, and do a deal with him to get him off the wage bill. The quicker he

moves on the better.

In other news, Jamie Hammil has chose to stay in gods back garden. :verysmug:

I'm sure if he keeps up the good work he'll get a move to His front garden in The Pans.

I have been thinking that for the last week, a Callum Elliot from the Celtic game in 2006, with P.S's input might be the midfielder everyone is crying out for.

That was my impression.

I didn't know you could do impressions, can you do Tommy Cooper?

I reckon he has 1 year left on his contract, I very much doubt anyone would pay a fee for his services.

We should tell him to find another club, and do a deal with him to get him off the wage bill. The quicker he

moves on the better.

Well then that's that, some anonymous person on an internet forum "TELLS" us that Gary Glen isn't good enough and should go.

May be I should take your telling us as Gospel or should I wait to find out from a professional football manager, who's job depends on his decision making, to find out weather Gary Glen will make the grade.

My tuppence worth, there is a very good footballer there and I hope he can show it at Heart of Midlothian F.C.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Well then that's that, some anonymous person on an internet forum "TELLS" us that Gary Glen isn't good enough and should go.

May be I should take your telling us as Gospel or should I wait to find out from a professional football manager, who's job depends on his decision making, to find out weather Gary Glen will make the grade.

My tuppence worth, there is a very good footballer there and I hope he can show it at Heart of Midlothian F.C.

I agree that we would be better waiting on a professional football manager/coach deciding his worth but... It seems like Csaba, Jefferies and now Sergio (maybe too soon to lump PS in to that group) have been reluctant to give the guy a run. Csaba criticised his attitude and training efforts, while Jim played him a couple of times and after poor performances he went back to obscurity. Quite disappointed with the way things turned out for him, when he was a lad he was on the verge of getting picked for the Scotland U19s but injury robbed him of the chance.

I admire your optimism, but somehow I think you'll be waiting a long time for this rough diamond to shine.

He has to be the worst excuse for a striker I've ever seen, right up there with Nade!

beefybathgate

Exactly, couldent agree more.

I admire your optimism, but somehow I think you'll be waiting a long time for this rough diamond to shine.

He has to be the worst excuse for a striker I've ever seen, right up there with Nade!

I'm so sorry, you were doing so well up until then. Is this personal between you and GG?

I'm so sorry, you were doing so well up until then. Is this personal between you and GG?

Nope, I dont wish to offend anyone, I just dont rate him.

I think he's very lazy, and very over rated.

I think I read recently that he's scored something like 6 goals in 6 years.

I dont care what hes like a person. Nice guy or not, he just isn't very good. Ive said it before and been panned for it but if he was foreign there wouldve been far less patience for him. People on here give Novi a hard time and say he is useless but say Glen hasnt had a crack and can be what we are looking for. He is behind Smith and Elliot for me and we will get rid as soon as we can i imagine.

Nope, I dont wish to offend anyone, I just dont rate him.

I think he's very lazy, and very over rated.

I think I read recently that he's scored something like 6 goals in 6 years.

I'm not offended but the Nade slur was well wide of the mark. That "player" is the closest I've come to booing a Hearts player in my life and I've been going since '75, not so much nowadays, and I've seen some shit players playing for us. None have shown the lack of effort or respect that Nade did.

Back to GG, how many games has he played for us in that time? As he's about 21 he couldn't have played 6 years for us. Or am I wrong?

I'm not offended but the Nade slur was well wide of the mark. That "player" is the closest I've come to booing a Hearts player in my life and I've been going since '75, not so much nowadays, and I've seen some shit players playing for us. None have shown the lack of effort or respect that Nade did.

Back to GG, how many games has he played for us in that time? As he's about 21 he couldn't have played 6 years for us. Or am I wrong?

Nade was the epitomy of laziness youre right. but a better first touch, close control than Glen.

Arthur Morgan

I am sure he is a perfect gentleman JJ... Personal feelings about his nature aside though, what have you made of his effort on the pitch in his last few games?

Yeah no doubt his effort and performances on the pitch haven't been up to scratch but with the right guidance he might turn out to be a decent player. He really needs to work on his workrate and his first touch.

fabienleclerq

I really don't see what people see in him. He scored two goals v hibs and thats about it, not much of an achievment as my granny could do that now!

Not good enough(My professional football manager opinion)!

Yeah no doubt his effort and performances on the pitch haven't been up to scratch but with the right guidance he might turn out to be a decent player.

but what evidence are you basing this on? This is what I dont get. i have seen nothing from him in his few years of appearances, all be it fleeting, to indicate that he could have enough about him to play for Hearts. I just think people are blinded by a local lad who has scored against Hibs. If he had played as many games as Elliot I just think people would dislike him as much as they do Clum.

My mistake, he started playing for the first team in 2007 and has scored 6 goals in 44 appearances.

My mistake, he started playing for the first team in 2007 and has scored 6 goals in 44 appearances.

How many were as sub? I'm sure I've seen him come on with a couple of minutes to go a good few times.

It's the way it is. Obua is playing well, Stevenson is playing well and Driver is gaining fitness. That and we have shipped out a lot of the poor players.

Gary Glen MUST be rubbish, he is the only one left to have a pop at.

How many were as sub? I'm sure I've seen him come on with a couple of minutes to go a good few times.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree in the end, you think he has potential, I think we've wasted

enough time on him already, much like Calum Elliot.

Ribery's Face

I think we'll have to agree to disagree in the end, you think he has potential, I think we've wasted

enough time on him already, much like Calum Elliot.

How can you say this? He's been out since his last appearance with injury and is put until at least Christmas this season!

How can you say this? He's been out since his last appearance with injury and is put until at least Christmas this season!

I've watched him play several times for the club now, and I just dont rate him, not good enough for Hearts IMO.

It's the way it is. Obua is playing well, Stevenson is playing well and Driver is gaining fitness. That and we have shipped out a lot of the poor players.

Gary Glen MUST be rubbish, he is the only one left to have a pop at.

So its cant be that some of us just dont think he is very good then?

beefybathgate

Gary Glen is far from brilliant but defo nort rubbish.

I have not heard Gary Glen being mentioned of late. If he does not fit into Sergio's plans would a loan move be beneficial?

Had an operation in London (yesterday I think) to "clean out" (guys in the know will know what that entails) his ankle ligaments.

Injured I think

Always injured and not good enough anyway. Anytime i've seen him play over the last two years he looks like a 35 year old at the end of his career than a young lad starting out, overweight and unfit. 1st Division beckons!

Busby2Gibson

Thought Gary Glen looked the real deal when he hit the first team at the tail end of Shaggy's days. Mobile, energetic, eye for goal, free from inhibition on the pitch. I don't think we've seen that player since - and I've got to say I was really disappointed with his appearances under JJ. If there was a manager who I thought might get him back to fulfilling that early promise it was JJ but ...he just produced nothing.

Clum's another matter - although in terms of fulfilling potential maybe quite similar. The coaches have regularly praised him and I reckon his physique, technique and mobility - if not his finishing or attitude- could catch Paulo's eye.

Where both of them are similar is they have both produced their best when playing with motivation and confidence, however they have both got to be approaching the it's now or never time in terms of a long term future at Hearts.

Archived