Our Squad - Time to trim

Smith&Weston

Smith&Weston

Just posted on another thread that we had at least another 15-16 players who could have started yesterday and beat the Hibs bit is it time to look at offloading some of these fringe players that are never going to play? I reckon we could sell about 10 players and maybe bring in 2 or 3 quality players which would make a massive difference to our team.

Still think we need a decent Centre Back, Box to Box midfielder and a big but quick forward to work the channels?

If only we still had Goncalves, Bruno and Bednar we would have the perfect team for the SPL.

The likes of Darren Barr will never play again in a PS line up, the guys on a good wage & ain't going anywhere thats the problem with a lot of these players they know they won't get that kind of money anywhere else.

We need a bigger squad to challenge the Old Firm.

Not when that squad still includes Obua, Glen and Clum.

All 3 have their moments, but over the longer term they just don't deliver.

We've got rid of a few and i think we should be looking to offload Calum Elliot, Gary Glen. Barr should still be given a chance to prove himself this season and if he doesn't then we should still get a transfer fee for the last year of his contract next summer. I'm slightly pistov that Sutton has been dropped to be honest, even a place on the bench for a few games would be fine at the moment. Still has a lot to offer and a few pishy games (the whole team actually) into a season shouldn't make him a scapegoat. The goals he got against Aberdeen proved he has an eye for goal and also proves he prefers playing ball to feet, something Paulo wants and not a Kevin Kyle targetman type like Jefferies played him. I'd hate to think that Sutton has been made a target because of a pishpoor team performance against Spurs, that's just not on! Also, if Paulo fekin Sergio doesn't like a physical player then god help Kevin Kyle!

JamboAberdeen

Apart from Glen, I don't see any surplus in our squad at the moment.

Calum and KK are still out injured.

Barr is there to cover CB unless we find replacement, remember Eggert is versatile but can't play two positions in same time.

We need 3 goalies in case of injury, so Balogh and Jamie Mc have to be retained.

And most reserve players have already been sent on loan.

Maybe one of wingers may go as Taouli, Stevo and Rudi could play there too, but which of Driver, Temp, Novi and Suso?

Any signings will be coupled with departure, and I don't think anyone will be leaving before Wed.

I think this is a consequence of changing managers so often, each time they bring in a few of their choices, sign them up on 3 or 4 year deals then after that manager has departed we are stuck with them.

Darren Barr is s prime example - laszlo signing but neither jj or our paulo like the look of him. No doubt they will be on decent wages and will be in no hurry to leave

We need a better squad to challenge the Old Firm.

I've fixed that for you.

Our squad is already approaching 30 players, more than enough IMO.

Im sure we have a lot of players in the last year of their contract so maybe we will have to do with them just now and have a massive clearout in the summer.

I've fixed that for you.

Our squad is already approaching 30 players, more than enough IMO.

u think we can challenge the old firm with current squad??

No that is why he said Better!!!

Not as simple as that with contracts etc, but imagine the wage bill after binning this lot, and no detriment to the squad.

Balogh

J Thomson

C Elliot

G Glen

D Barr

Suso

Gregory House M.D.

Not as simple as that with contracts etc, but imagine the wage bill after binning this lot, and no detriment to the squad.

Balogh

J Thomson

C Elliot

G Glen

D Barr

Suso

There's probably around ?30,000+ per week there considering when most came in/got contracts.

Balogh

J Thomson

C Elliot

G Glen

D Barr

Suso

Why would you want to bin our most effective winger?

Balogh

J Thomson

C Elliot

G Glen

D Barr

Suso

I wouldn't lump Suso in there with that lot.

Cut The Crap

It's like Groundhog Day. :lol:

Question is, what lesson is it we have to learn in order to make it stop.

JamboAberdeen

Balogh : we need 3 goalies every time in case of injury

J Thomson : already sent on loan

C Elliot : injured

G Glen : (reportedly) injured

D Barr : maybe back up for CB? need replacement before letting him go

Suso : he played well before injury and just came back

They have their reason to be kept now.

I think this is a consequence of changing managers so often, each time they bring in a few of their choices, sign them up on 3 or 4 year deals then after that manager has departed we are stuck with them.

Darren Barr is s prime example - laszlo signing but neither jj or our paulo like the look of him. No doubt they will be on decent wages and will be in no hurry to leave

I dont understand this decent wage not wanting to leave stuff..

If the club wants rid of players why dont they leak it to the papers that a list of players is up for transfer.. Then leak it when we receive offers for players.. Its about time we used the media to our own use.. lets face it teams like Aberdeen/St Mirren/Motherwell need players and could offer them contracts..

If the players then reject offers from other teams they will be shown up for the money grabbers they are.. if not then we reduce our wage bill..

Archived