Templeton

wavydavy

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have seen no mention of the fact Templeton was'nt playing yesterday.

Judging by the euphoria that usually surrounds him I'm surprised that nobody has said anything.

Personally I don't think we missed him and after the shift that Driver and Stevenson put in he may have to get used to being on the bench.

I am sure however that plenty will disagree.

Diadora Van Basten

I can only see this thread being negative which is a shame as we just beat our rivals comprehensively.

Needs to be far more consistent

He needs to learn when to pass the ball and how to beat a man again.

rossthejambo

He wasn't really missed tbh, needs to work on his passing before he can count on being a regular player IMO.

Hearts Machine

Welcome rest.

Time to reflect on what he has, what he can deliver, and will only come back brimming with confidence.

In Paulo..........

I can only see this thread being negative which is a shame as we just beat our rivals comprehensively.

It's only negative if your comments make it that way. Look at it from the point of view that a player who was a regular starter is possibly being kept out of the starting lineup buy either better players or form players.

Is that negative?

Alan Johnson

Could be the perfect kick up the backside he might be needing, not just missing out on the derby but Novikovas coming off the bench ahead of him. Clearly no room for complacency in Paulo's squad.

He needs to learn when to pass the ball and how to beat a man again.

Bobby Prentice Syndrome.

Never content to beat someone once ... went for a second, all too often.

(I know that's not what you meant ...)

Bobby Prentice Syndrome.

Never content to beat someone once ... went for a second, all too often.

(I know that's not what you meant ...)

It could be actually because I don't disagree.

He's now played poorly for longer than he's played well since he broke into the team.

For that reason, he needs to win back his place in the first 11 from the bench.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

a ?5 millon pound player.

You think? Genuine question. I couldn't see anyone paying that for him

Governor Tarkin

There are not that many teams in our league who can drop a ?5 millon pound player.

:lol:

JamboAberdeen

There are not that many teams in our league who can drop a ?5 millon pound player.

I would take the money instantly if any club made such a bid.

Not a money for an unproven youngster in a mediocre league, especially under the current economic climate.

Johanes de Silentio

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have seen no mention of the fact Templeton was'nt playing yesterday.

Judging by the euphoria that usually surrounds him I'm surprised that nobody has said anything.

Personally I don't think we missed him and after the shift that Driver and Stevenson put in he may have to get used to being on the bench.

You seem pleased.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I would take the money instantly if any club made such a bid.

Not a money for an unproven youngster in a mediocre league, especially under the current economic climate.

Oh dear, get in line

linkin- hearts

I agree with the people who think it will be beneficial to him, showing him he has to play for his place can only do him good.:thumbsup:

No goals since December might be playing on his mind, however his main job is to skin defenders and that's exactly what he does with ease :)

Sergio is just shuffling the pack and with Suso, Driver, Templeton and Novikovas - he`s certainly got a few options, to say the least haha

Because he played 90 minutes against Spurs and we won with room to spare.

Why start a thread asking why there was no moaning??

Jam Tarts 1874

If Sergio is now going to play with just one winger then it seems certain that Driver will always get the nod as long as he is fit.

Templeton has all the skill in the world, he needs time to develop his game though.

No goals since December might be playing on his mind, however his main job is to skin defenders and that's exactly what he does with ease :)

Sergio is just shuffling the pack and with Suso, Driver, Templeton and Novikovas - he`s certainly got a few options, to say the least haha

I'd argue that. He's maybe done this three times this season, and wasted two of them badly.

He seems to think that he can do the same thing against two men that he did against one; a step over and knock past, which just isn't working.

Reckon he needs to add a few more strings to his bow before he can realise his undoubted potential.

Why bother commenting if you don't like the thread then.

Why bother commenting if you don't like the thread then.

im not going to give you the argument you crave, which obviously why you started this thread.

Sad really.

beefybathgate

He's a cracking talent, at his best he will take on any SPL defender with ease, however over the last few months he has more often than not run into opposition instead of round them.

I think all the good attention he recieved has grown his ego to the size of his hair gel. Im praying that after he has been dropped he bucks up his ideas.

We have all seen what he can do. The goal at Fester rd was one of the best goals I have seen scored in the SPL never mind just a hearts players.

He will be back at his best sooner rather than later :)

im not going to give you the argument you crave, which obviously why you started this thread.

Sad really.

Yes you are.

willie wallace

I would love to have seen Templeton play or at least come on as i am sure he would have given either full back a roasting.

It looks like it will be a Squad that is used for certain games. Sergo said he wants more then 11 players for his team. Temps might have to wait for his next game.

It looks like it will be a Squad that is used for certain games. Sergo said he wants more then 11 players for his team. Temps might have to wait for his next game.

That's right but then that can only be a good thing for the team with nobody guaranteed a place it keeps them on their toes.

Surprised it's taken till now for him to be dropped. He's been poor since the end of last season. Players of his type do have slumps though and it sometimes only takes a decent 20 minutes, an impact substitution or two to get them firing again.

I hope this will be the case with young Temps!

...because i think most folk came round to the idea that, at times, he is like playing with a man down.

Maurice Moss

Think Temps has the appearance of someone who is frustrated with his own performances, a spell out the team could do him a lot of good. He had a similar spell out the team early on last season, when Suso was on fire, and it was the Hibs game IIRC that he came back, and THAT goal which acted as a springboard. Here's hoping there's a similar run of form to come from him this season, with a similar goal to kickstart it!

LOL we won?? I thought we drew 0-0 :unsure:

I'd argue that. He's maybe done this three times this season, and wasted two of them badly.

He seems to think that he can do the same thing against two men that he did against one; a step over and knock past, which just isn't working.

Reckon he needs to add a few more strings to his bow before he can realise his undoubted potential.

So who would you select on the wing??? :whistling:

Archived