Paulo Sergio

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

It has almost been a month since that crazy few day when JJ and BB were removed and Paulo Sergio and his two assistants (Alberto Cabral and Sergio Cruz) came in. It has been a hectic month, with 7 games in which we won 3, drew 2 and lost 2. We have had the low of a home 5-0 defeat to Spurs and the joy of both a win against Hibs and a draw against Spurs away. No players have arrived at Tynecastle at that time but with only a few days left of the transfer window that could change.

However it would be nice to figure out more about our new manager and his possible revolution at Hearts. So I thought you could collate any infomation on many different subjects here. So from what I have seen so far:

Personalty and public persona

- He is quite a witty man who is very good with the media. Can be honest when it needs to be in post-match interviews, and doesn't seem to go at the ref when there are failings (at least so far.)

- In the dugout he is not a manager who stands at the edge of the box yelling everything at his players for 90 minutes trying to wear his heart (ignore the pun) on his sleeve instead will step back and stay in his dugout, but will go out and make comments if needed.

coaching style and training

Style of football

- He prefers a passing possession based game where the ball is passed from the back. He also favours mobile forwards.

favoured type of player

His long term aim for the Hearts team

Feel free to add anything to these or even other categories I haven't thought of.

I'd love the following to happen:

We win the league and just as the trophy is about to be held up by our manager he pulls off this fake face and it's been Vlad all along. I'd love it Kevin Keegan style.

We win the league and just as the trophy is about to be held up by our manager he pulls off this fake face and it's been Vlad all along. I'd love it Kevin Keegan style.

:woot: :woot: :woot:

This is what my mate from Portugal sent me.

"Euan!

I saw the other day Paulo Sergio was appointed as Hearts manager! I have a good opinion of him. He did a great job with 2 smaller teams (Pa?os de Ferreira and Guimaraes) but failed at Sporting. Though it must be said he had a shit team, and was not given the funds to reinforce the team.

I am sure he can do a good job at Hearts, but don't expect "joga bonito" football! He usually have teams which can defend very well but are always very carefully whilst attacking. If he is given money some money for transfers I am sure he will find cheap bargains. At least he signed great players at his first two clubs.

I ll follow how well he performs."

He seems to rate him quite highly, although I think his view of defensive football is alot different to what we are used to!

ITSAME.png

It was me Austin! It was me all along, Austin!

scott herbertson

1.He would rather the ball was passedall the way back to the keeper than lost with a speculative hoof up the park.

2. He doesn't understand just how frustrating that will be when we are losing 1-0 at home with 10 minutes to go!

jamboinglasgow

This is what my mate from Portugal sent me.

"Euan!

I saw the other day Paulo Sergio was appointed as Hearts manager! I have a good opinion of him. He did a great job with 2 smaller teams (Pa?os de Ferreira and Guimaraes) but failed at Sporting. Though it must be said he had a shit team, and was not given the funds to reinforce the team.

I am sure he can do a good job at Hearts, but don't expect "joga bonito" football! He usually have teams which can defend very well but are always very carefully whilst attacking. If he is given money some money for transfers I am sure he will find cheap bargains. At least he signed great players at his first two clubs.

I ll follow how well he performs."

He seems to rate him quite highly, although I think his view of defensive football is alot different to what we are used to!

Yup, I think Csaba is our benchmark for defensive football which is quite a few levels down from most peoples benchmark.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm very happy with him but the 18 or so months he'll get won't be enough to do what he wants to do.

Yup, I think Csaba is our benchmark for defensive football which is quite a few levels down from most peoples benchmark.

If Sergio starts losing, dont worry, he will be compared to Csaba Laslo and disposed of in the same way Csaba was. His style of football and his philosophy is almost identical.

I'm not sure that some Scottish football fans are very accepting of a possession and passing game. Personally I like that we can keep the ball but there were plenty moans and groans about it on Sunday. If we start losing playing that style of football, people will be right on his case, much more so than losing playing the style of football JJ was playing.

Tommy Wiseau

I think we've found ourselves a diamond if he gets the time. Which he probably won't.

rossthejambo

If Sergio starts losing, dont worry, he will be compared to Csaba Laslo and disposed of in the same way Csaba was. His style of football and his philosophy is almost identical.

I'm not sure that some Scottish football fans are very accepting of a possession and passing game. Personally I like that we can keep the ball but there were plenty moans and groans about it on Sunday. If we start losing playing that style of football, people will be right on his case, much more so than losing playing the style of football JJ was playing.

That style of football needs 2 central midfielders who can pass the ball. When Laszlo lost Karipidis and Bruno, his system fell to pieces.

You're right though, fans in Scotland aren't very forgiving when it comes to footballers passing the ball about in their own half. Given time he could become a top manager for us, Vlad's reluctance to give anyone time will stop this happening however.

Billy the Jambo

I dont rate him at all .I will give it till christmas before the clown that owns us takes a mad turn and sacks him

I dont rate him at all .I will give it till christmas before the clown that owns us takes a mad turn and sacks him

Care to explain why you don't rate him? :mellow:

That style of football needs 2 central midfielders who can pass the ball. When Laszlo lost Karipidis and Bruno, his system fell to pieces.

You're right though, fans in Scotland aren't very forgiving when it comes to footballers passing the ball about in their own half. Given time he could become a top manager for us, Vlad's reluctance to give anyone time will stop this happening however.

Was having a think about this the other day. Which managers should have been given more time? Burley, obviously, but who else?

Poor managerial appointments have been the main problem over the years IMO.

Toxteth O'Grady

Care to explain why you don't rate him? :mellow:

He still has a lot to do to convince me.

A 5-0 cuffing at home in Europe is a disgrace. The teams we've beaten are garbage.

Time will tell

Jury's out on Sergio for me. Not been too impressed with him yet but that might be down to some of the players he has to pick from. When JJ was here for example, he played Sutton as a target man. JJ was in the game long enough to know what Sutton's game was and should not have been using him as a direct replacement for Kyle, he is not a Kevin Kyle. Looking at him at Motherwell last season he played with players who broke from midfield to support him upfront, not as a lone striker and if Paulo friggin Sergio likes a passing game and a mobile midfield then that would suit Sutton's game far better. It's goin to be pretty interesting to see what he comes up with but at the moment, i'm not so sure yet.

Nelly Terraces

All I know is that if a bloke who dressed so suavely, looked cool as ****, and had hair that looked as if it'd been washed personally by Vidal Sassoon, and his name was Paulo, I'd think 'Whatever this geezer is telling me to do, I'll do, he is the man'.:thumbsup:

Malinga the Swinga

He still has a lot to do to convince me.

A 5-0 cuffing at home in Europe is a disgrace. The teams we've beaten are garbage.

Time will tell

What a load of rubbish. You take the standard of team you play against, and they are just better than we are. No need for excuses, they just are better.

we lose games all the time, but at least we have steadily improved since then.

i think the initial signs are that he has a great deal to offer. he could potentially overhaul and improve the entire culture at the club, both in terms of style of football and that of training and technical preparation. a couple of things may stick a spanner in the works:

1. as others have mentioned, he probably wont get the time to implement everything that he potentially has to offer.

2. he strikes me as a manager who would love to mould the squad into his squad, rather than be content to make the best of what he has. i don't think any manager will ever be given that level of recruitment autonomy.

a lot depends on how serious vlad is/was when he (allegedly) says that he wants us to win the SPL. if he's completely serious then sergio wont be here all that long. if he's more satisfied to see tangible progress in the development of our younger players and a revamped coaching culture then he may just decide that sergio is worth keeping around for a bit longer.

All I know is that if a bloke who dressed so suavely, looked cool as ****, and had hair that looked as if it'd been washed personally by Vidal Sassoon, and his name was Paulo, I'd think 'Whatever this geezer is telling me to do, I'll do, he is the man'.:thumbsup:

There is nothing more that can be said on this matter.

shaun.lawson

I'm very happy with him but the 18 or so months he'll get won't be enough to do what he wants to do.

Bingo. All evidence so far says that no-one's ever going to get longer than 18 months here, sadly. :(

Iz it coz he iz foreign, Billy? :rolleyes:

Toxteth O'Grady

What a load of rubbish. You take the standard of team you play against, and they are just better than we are. No need for excuses, they just are better.

we lose games all the time, but at least we have steadily improved since then.

I know Totenham are better than we are but to get beat 5-0 at home in a first leg is a disgrace.

The Old Tolbooth

Before the game yesterday when I heard the team line up, I was most unimpressed, and I started thinking about why he would drop players like Temps, Suso, Smith, McGowan, Eggert etc who all played very very well in London, and it dawned on me that he's more than likely watching video evidence of the teams we're about to face (which is a good thing imo) and he's selecting a side which is most likely to combat the team we're facing, rather than playing the same players for every game.

Sergio has a large squad of players to choose from and therefore has the luxury of squad rotation as and when he needs to, but I'm not sure if I'm a fan of that to be honest. I do however like the way he has the team playing a passing game and not panicking, we look a lot more controlled and measured then we did under Jefferies, and I thought yesterdays win was pretty much clinical and very well controlled, with a bit more luck it could have been 4 or 5 easily.

I've heard people saying he's crap, and that they don't like his style of football etc, but surely to god we need to give the guy time to stamp his own brand of football on the team, and also to bring in his own players. Football fans are the worlds worst for having absolutely no patience whatsoever.

The Old Tolbooth

I know Totenham are better than we are but to get beat 5-0 at home in a first leg is a disgrace.

When you consider that the team Spurs put out against us in the first leg was the same team that faced Man Utd in a league game (apart from the keeper), then is the first leg result really so surprising? I agree we could have done ourselves a bit more justice by not acting like rabbits caught in headlights, but that Spurs side are worth an absolute fortune compared to our team and the quality they had on show against us was phenomenal compared to what we can put out. The gulf in class is probably akin to Hearts playing Stenhousemuir or Forfar.

So much cynicism on this thread that you have to wonder if Hearts fans deserve success. Maybe hoofball and front page headlines are all we deserve if we boo passing play and write managers off when they are barely in the door?

jamboinglasgow

Bingo. All evidence so far says that no-one's ever going to get longer than 18 months here, sadly. :(

I agree, I hope Vlad sees sense in giving him time as it may be our best chance to challenge the old firm but it will take time and patience.

Toxteth O'Grady

When you consider that the team Spurs put out against us in the first leg was the same team that faced Man Utd in a league game (apart from the keeper), then is the first leg result really so surprising? I agree we could have done ourselves a bit more justice by not acting like rabbits caught in headlights, but that Spurs side are worth an absolute fortune compared to our team and the quality they had on show against us was phenomenal compared to what we can put out. The gulf in class is probably akin to Hearts playing Stenhousemuir or Forfar.

Suicide tactics from Sergio played a part. 2 wee wingers was asking for trouble. First leg in Europe you should keep it tight.

We don't often put 5 past teams of the level of Stenny or Forfar because they set out to be hard to beat.

Jam Tarts 1874

Suicide tactics from Sergio played a part. 2 wee wingers was asking for trouble. First leg in Europe you should keep it tight.

We don't often put 5 past teams of the level of Stenny or Forfar because they set out to be hard to beat.

The formation, tactics etc had nothing to do with the game being over after 10 minutes. That was down to the players (like so many on here) being in awe of EPL players.

Playing two wingers didn't seem like such a bad option in the away leg.

Jam Tarts 1874

Now that there is a wee league break for Potter's games Sergio will have a bit more time to sort things out, then we will see.

Iz it coz he iz foreign, Billy? :rolleyes:

Very few of the managers vlad has brought in have deserved more than 18 months.

shaun.lawson

Very few of the managers vlad has brought in have deserved more than 18 months.

Depends on how you look at it, John. Vlad's brought in good players at times, sure - but I don't think he understands football one bit. Specifically: I don't think he understands that a club like ours will always have peaks and troughs, as glass ceilings are hit, players sold and teams rebuilt.

That reality requires patience and understanding to be afforded to the manager - but Vlad doesn't have any, and clearly got ridiculously carried away by the remarkable position a squad nowhere near good enough to challenge for the title found itself in in late January.

Because he got carried away - because he couldn't see how much more quality was required, especially up front and in creative areas - he then overreacted to our subsequent slide. Any manager here can expect the same, I'm afraid. Graham Taylor believes a manager needs three years in charge to really put his imprint on a club - and I'd say he's right TBH.

Depends on how you look at it, John. Vlad's brought in good players at times, sure - but I don't think he understands football one bit. Specifically: I don't think he understands that a club like ours will always have peaks and troughs, as glass ceilings are hit, players sold and teams rebuilt.

That reality requires patience and understanding to be afforded to the manager - but Vlad doesn't have any, and clearly got ridiculously carried away by the remarkable position a squad nowhere near good enough to challenge for the title found itself in in late January.

Because he got carried away - because he couldn't see how much more quality was required, especially up front and in creative areas - he then overreacted to our subsequent slide. Any manager here can expect the same, I'm afraid. Graham Taylor believes a manager needs three years in charge to really put his imprint on a club - and I'd say he's right TBH.

I understand Shaun but as I said further up the page - apart from Burley I can't think of many managers, since vlads arrival, that I would have given more time to.

The problem has largely been one of fairly poor managerial appointments in the first place.

Recently csaba had ran his course and, with hindsight I don't think jj would have continued to improve us.

shaun.lawson

I understand Shaun but as I said further up the page - apart from Burley I can't think of many managers, since vlads arrival, that I would have given more time to.

The problem has largely been one of fairly poor managerial appointments in the first place.

Recently csaba had ran his course and, with hindsight I don't think jj would have continued to improve us.

Hmm, OK. Let's run through them, one by one:

- If I, or probably any other Hearts fan, had been in Vlad's position, I'd have done my damndest to come to any possible arrangement with Burley which allowed him to stay, for the good of the team and club

- I'd never have appointed Rix in the first place; but VR got rid at exactly the right time, and was completely vindicated in so doing

- Valdas was a weird one. I think he really did become unwell because of the pressures of the job, but there's no way any Hearts fan on the planet would've replaced him, even temporarily, with Malofeev

- There's also no way any Hearts fan anywhere would've allowed a ******* committee to pick the team. But to his credit, Vlad gradually saw sense. Which brings us to the set-up we have now: club signs players in many cases, but manager picks team.

- I'd have actually got rid of Csaba earlier than Vlad did: I think Vlad didn't want to give Csaba a pay-off, and also that he was scared of firing him too quickly, and what that'd do to HMFC's already battered reputation. I'd have got rid by no later than October 2009 - but then again, I'd never have appointed Csaba in the first place either.

- JJ? Good, sensible choice, who steadied the ship and did what was asked of him. We're on another planet if we think we can demand more than 3rd place from anyone - and in my view, he deserved until at least Xmas this season, and very possibly longer.

- And finally, Paulo. Because he didn't get a pre-season, or the chance to bring in any of his players, judging him on this season, especially considering the vast remit he's been given, is unfair. Top five and a Cup run is what I'm looking for - and above all, signs of development and progress in how we play.

Then, next season, the target expected of him rises - but he deserves until at least May 2013 to get things right. If he doesn't get that time, that'll be a further sign that Vlad's chopping and changing causes more trouble than it solves: as I've argued before, either sack JJ in May, or give him at least the first half of the season. But for heavens sake, don't sack him in August after two league games, and expect his successor to transform things: football almost never works like that I'm afraid.

Coburg Hearts

So much cynicism on this thread that you have to wonder if Hearts fans deserve success. Maybe hoofball and front page headlines are all we deserve if we boo passing play and write managers off when they are barely in the door?

Agreed, but I'm more confident that PS will be a success when I see who are against him.

Craig Herbertson

JJ brought passion, integrity, common sense, inspiration, good team spirit and made it feel like we were watching Hearts again - the heart said keep him on and let him have a crack at the top but I can also understand the decision to replace him. He was offered a decent post rather being dismissed like others which was a way I think of saying you did well but you're not going to go through the ceiling. Sergio appears so far to be the kind of man who might just change the pattern enough to break the vicious tedium that has become Scottish football. JJ would have played the Scottish way - what other way could he do it? Sergio gives us an alternative. I'm optimistic.

JJ brought passion, integrity, common sense, inspiration, good team spirit and made it feel like we were watching Hearts again - the heart said keep him on and let him have a crack at the top but I can also understand the decision to replace him. He was offered a decent post rather being dismissed like others which was a way I think of saying you did well but you're not going to go through the ceiling. Sergio appears so far to be the kind of man who might just change the pattern enough to break the vicious tedium that has become Scottish football. JJ would have played the Scottish way - what other way could he do it? Sergio gives us an alternative. I'm optimistic.

Good post.

Hmm, OK. Let's run through them, one by one:

- If I, or probably any other Hearts fan, had been in Vlad's position, I'd have done my damndest to come to any possible arrangement with Burley which allowed him to stay, for the good of the team and club

- I'd never have appointed Rix in the first place; but VR got rid at exactly the right time, and was completely vindicated in so doing

- Valdas was a weird one. I think he really did become unwell because of the pressures of the job, but there's no way any Hearts fan on the planet would've replaced him, even temporarily, with Malofeev

- There's also no way any Hearts fan anywhere would've allowed a ******* committee to pick the team. But to his credit, Vlad gradually saw sense. Which brings us to the set-up we have now: club signs players in many cases, but manager picks team.

- I'd have actually got rid of Csaba earlier than Vlad did: I think Vlad didn't want to give Csaba a pay-off, and also that he was scared of firing him too quickly, and what that'd do to HMFC's already battered reputation. I'd have got rid by no later than October 2009 - but then again, I'd never have appointed Csaba in the first place either.

- JJ? Good, sensible choice, who steadied the ship and did what was asked of him. We're on another planet if we think we can demand more than 3rd place from anyone - and in my view, he deserved until at least Xmas this season, and very possibly longer.

- And finally, Paulo. Because he didn't get a pre-season, or the chance to bring in any of his players, judging him on this season, especially considering the vast remit he's been given, is unfair. Top five and a Cup run is what I'm looking for - and above all, signs of development and progress in how we play.

Then, next season, the target expected of him rises - but he deserves until at least May 2013 to get things right. If he doesn't get that time, that'll be a further sign that Vlad's chopping and changing causes more trouble than it solves: as I've argued before, either sack JJ in May, or give him at least the first half of the season. But for heavens sake, don't sack him in August after two league games, and expect his successor to transform things: football almost never works like that I'm afraid.

Right. So apart from burley and another 5 months for jj (goodness knows why btw) nobody has been given too little time?

kingantti1874

Reminds me of csaba and very much a similar reaction when he first arrived.

Whether that's good or bad well that's for other to decide.

God I hope he's nothing ike that gibbering muppet...

shaun.lawson

Right. So apart from burley and another 5 months for jj (goodness knows why btw) nobody has been given too little time?

Nope. :)

But in turn, that's only because Vlad has got it wrong with his choices so often. It all makes what happens with Paulo something of an acid test, no?

Nope. :)

But in turn, that's only because Vlad has got it wrong with his choices so often. It all makes what happens with Paulo something of an acid test, no?

I would say so. If we accept that between burley and csaba was just plain mental and look at things from then I don't actually think vlad has done too much wrong in his hiring and firing.

I think he appointed csaba at the right time, waited till he had a better replacement then binned csaba. JJ appointed at the right time. My criticism would be sacking jj at the start of a league campaign but at least we didn't have to go through the interim manager stage and he had already found someone he believed to be better.

Paulo Sergio will be here a while IMO. I think this is the signing Vlad has really wanted for years. Also he knows that we will accept Sergio. There are no longer calls for a "British manager" because we've been there; There are no longer grumbles about Continental coaches because we've now had a few of them too. He's finally got us in the position of just accepting what he wants to do and that is a big leap from where we were as a group when Burley was sacked...

A European coach who clearly has the remit to get Hearts playing football on the ground from the back. A guy who has a strong track record at smaller clubs and got burnt at a big one but is still highly respected in the coaching fraternity. The commentators at ITV certainly knew who Sergio was and not just because they'd done their homework on Hearts, they also seemed to know a bit about Sporting, and you could tell they respected him though they, like some of us, wondered how the Hell Vlad got him, and how long he will keep him...

Vlad's impulsiveness and our impatience has meant some very poorly timed sackings and signings and the media revel in it - almost like they want us to find it hard to get coaches now...But I tell you what, if you were an OF fan, would you not be just a bit concerned by the lack of experience of your manager when you look over here and see Sergio sharp-suited and looking the business? The flak Sergio got when he decided to play kids at WHL and the cool, nonchalent way he dealt with it proved to me that Sergio has the qualities to be the best signing Vlad has made in years... :thumbsup:

scott herbertson

Paulo Sergio will be here a while IMO. I think this is the signing Vlad has really wanted for years. Also he knows that we will accept Sergio. There are no longer calls for a "British manager" because we've been there; There are no longer grumbles about Continental coaches because we've now had a few of them too. He's finally got us in the position of just accepting what he wants to do and that is a big leap from where we were as a group when Burley was sacked...

A European coach who clearly has the remit to get Hearts playing football on the ground from the back. A guy who has a strong track record at smaller clubs and got burnt at a big one but is still highly respected in the coaching fraternity. The commentators at ITV certainly knew who Sergio was and not just because they'd done their homework on Hearts, they also seemed to know a bit about Sporting, and you could tell they respected him though they, like some of us, wondered how the Hell Vlad got him, and how long he will keep him...

Vlad's impulsiveness and our impatience has meant some very poorly timed sackings and signings and the media revel in it - almost like they want us to find it hard to get coaches now...But I tell you what, if you were an OF fan, would you not be just a bit concerned by the lack of experience of your manager when you look over here and see Sergio sharp-suited and looking the business? The flak Sergio got when he decided to play kids at WHL and the cool, nonchalent way he dealt with it proved to me that Sergio has the qualities to be the best signing Vlad has made in years... :thumbsup:

Yep - I agree with you - I don't want to go all lolderwoody but we do need to give him a bit of time. I hope for his sake he gets us through the Ayr United game and on a bit of a League Cup run as it will raise spirits and also give him a chance to try formations , styles and players. I'm greatly encouraged that he was brave enough to make the changes on thursday and sunday. Let's give him the chance to get to his best 14 or 15 players and see what he can do.

Fozzyonthefence

The formation, tactics etc had nothing to do with the game being over after 10 minutes. That was down to the players (like so many on here) being in awe of EPL players.

Playing two wingers didn't seem like such a bad option in the away leg.

Where did it get us though? We still didn't score, we didn't create much and we were practically playing their youth team. make as much of the 7 changes we made too but the fact is all of our replacements will feature for our first team again in the league this season - most of their replacements won't get near it.

So far so good. In his short time, he seems to have made some very subtle but key changes. No longer do we just punt the ball forward when nothing else is on (Dundee Utd game for example), we start again from the back probing until options appear. At the moment his reign is very much in its infancy and heart in mouth stuff at times when we over play, however give it another 5-10 games it will be good to watch. It's a very continental style, which is certainly the future in my mind if you compare the successes of continental/international teams over British teams in recent years (Portuguese teams for example). He may upset a few players who don't fit in with his philosophy however so be it. He is also not afraid to change things and appears to have a plan B. In addition he has played the right players in right games, compared to JJ who went with the same week in week out regardless.

Keep it Sergio! na na na na na na na na na na na Paulo Sergio!!

I was at WHL, and I thought we done pretty god damned well. I was expecting another 5 to go past us, but that team looked the business, and would've been very good against any one in the SPL.

I thought the midfield 3 in that game (or 5 if you include the wingers) was exactly what we needed. Jonsson, whilst a good tackler, can pass the ball better than Black or Mrowiec, Robinson works tirelessly and fights hard, whilst not being as reckless as Black, and Rudi, whilst lacking in pace, helped direct the play and had Robinson to help to the leg work. Never seen the Derby but I thought the team he put out there was weaker than the one at WHL. Smith played really well, and was very unlucky not to score. Novi and Temps (especially Temps) played really well for once, with Novi looking very much the part for the first-XI over that of say Driver.

We've a good team, good youngsters, we could use a more creative midfielder, and move on one or two players to get money for a quality player (like Black, and dependent on how well Kyle will fit into the team him too). Paulo knows what he's wanting to do, and no doubt who he'd like to bring into the team. I hope we keep him for more than the 18 month window. I am warming to his style, to his attitude and to his apparent belief that we can challenge for higher places and do better than we have been. He plays good football, he clearly wants to rebuild his reputation so he'll be trying hard to make a name for himself, hopefully he gets about 3 seasons (fat chance imo, but hopefully) to build something stable, and good to watch. But him rebuilding his career after the Sporting debacle could mean he will come good for us in his attempts to move on from us in a couple of seasons.

Where did it get us though? We still didn't score, we didn't create much and we were practically playing their youth team. make as much of the 7 changes we made too but the fact is all of our replacements will feature for our first team again in the league this season - most of their replacements won't get near it.

created 12 chances at white hart lane, sorry but 12 away from home is good, yea fair enough wasnt spurs best 11, but believe me all the youth teams across england are all good on the ball, pass move pass move, so dont talk a load of aul farts when saying playing a youth team.... and infact there back 5 was cudicini corluka bassong dawson townsend, thats a very strong back 5 :whistling:

we done very well at white hart lane :thumbsup:

Coburg Hearts

I read similar posts to the above on hibs.net...seriously.

Where it got us was a respectable 0-0 draw and a lot of our pride back. It may not have been enough for you but it was a good start at rehabilitation for me after the first leg.

Archived