Hibs tackling - precise and well timed...

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

Although the score line clearly flattered Hearts,

I was impressed with the well timed and accurate tackling of the Hibs players.

If there were awards for sportsmanship and professionalism I think Hibs would go far.

Most of the Hearts players were awful for their play acting and pretend injuries.

They should be ashamed.

0,,10289~9940751,00.gif

It baffles me how little was made of the assault on Kello, for me that was probably the worst of the lot.... Yet, watching it back, they seemed to reckon he was perfectly entitled to assault our keeper like that.

Bizarre.

They had about 4 or 5 absolutely awful tackles.

They gave up trying to play football and decided to try and hurt Hearts players.

As a club, Hibs have a long history of doing this. The Riorden tackle on Rudi at Easter Rd is a prime example.

I saw the repaly of the obua foul where he had to go off, it was quite a bad yin but did you see him, he was clinging onto the physio giving it the big "Al Pacino end of the godfather 3" style wails, it was quite funny

(not one for saying he's chicken hearted or that, just this one wee grimacing incident made me laugh)

It baffles me how little was made of the assault on Kello, for me that was probably the worst of the lot.... Yet, watching it back, they seemed to reckon he was perfectly entitled to assault our keeper like that.

Bizarre.

Had that been done on an outfield player going in with his head it would've been one of the worst assaults you're ever likely to see on a football pitch. A flying kick 5 feet in the air, and yet its ok cos its on the goalie and there's a sniff of a goalscoring chance.

Bizarre.

Craigan on the commentary stated he thought Sodje was more than entitled to challenge for it. I thought **** you Craigan ya prick.

Remidned me of the incident with Kingston against Aberdeen where Larry lifted his leg aout knee high and got sent of for a high boot, after Fyvie threw himself to the deck, again **** these corrupt *****

Pat Stanton will be turning over in his pish soaked back seat at the antics of the Hibs players yesterday :verymad:

Craigan on the commentary stated he thought Sodje was more than entitled to challenge for it. I thought **** you Craigan ya prick.

Slightly off topic - but wtf did Craigan do to land himself the co-commentry spot on ESPN?!

I find that rather bizarre to be honest, or does he have some history of punditry and commentry that i'm forgetting about?!

linkin- hearts

Slightly off topic - but wtf did Craigan do to land himself the co-commentry spot on ESPN?!

I find that rather bizarre to be honest, or does he have some history of punditry and commentry that i'm forgetting about?!

Apart from him condoning that assault on Kello his commentary wasn't too bad compared to the likes of Burley and Booth who usually do the commentaries on spl games on espn. At the end it sounded to me like he was trying to fix himself up with a move to tynie :whistling:

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Apart from him condoning that assault on Kello his commentary wasn't too bad compared to the likes of Burley and Booth who usually do the commentaries on spl games on espn. At the end it sounded to me like he was trying to fix himself up with a move to tynie :whistling:

Agree with you there, he did sound like he had nothing against Hearts. Will probably cost him his job one day and clearly has no ambition to join BBC Scotland.

Like others I though the 'tackle' on Kello was an absolute disgrace and totally agree if it had happened to any other player Sodje would have been off. The idea that the 'ball was there to go for' is total nonsense as the ball is (almost) always there. Kello can count himself very lucky that both boots missed his head.

He's been a busy wee ***** on the BBC for a few years, right wee boy scout when its came to the commentary front. Just this season's ive noticed him on the ESPN.

Seems to have taken to it like a duck to shitey water, hearts are the baddies everyone else is sound.

The Old Tolbooth

Although I'm still annoyed at the referee letting Hibs away with EVERYTHING yesterday, I'm actually quite pleased into what Hibs have degenerated into, they're nothing but a complete bunch of hammer throwers, and a total farce of a club!

:pleasing:

Although I'm still annoyed at the referee letting Hibs away with EVERYTHING yesterday, I'm actually quite pleased into what Hibs have degenerated into, they're nothing but a complete bunch of hammer throwers, and a total farce of a club!

Great post. Sums them up. :thumbsup:

rossthejambo

The worst of the lot was O'Connor's "tackle" on Hamill. Absolute horror tackle, could very easily have snapped Hamill's ankle.

Positive was seeing that he clearly realises how pish Hibs really are, and that he's made a stinking career move returning there.

:glorious:

Nelly Terraces

Totally mate. Said after the game, there's no funnier site than those bitches losing the plot towards the end of a derby game as it means they've lost to their superiors yet again.

The fact that snivveling wretch Murray tried to do Hamill but wee Hamsters jumps out the way and lands on that erseholes leg is also very pleasing.

GTF hobos, 2 years, no wins, try harder next time eh ffs.

Like a very poor PUB team, in fact!!!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I doubt Lolderwood even bothers wi team talks before the game so 'kick them off the park' would have been the instructions from Murray. :rofl:

Totally mate. Said after the game, there's no funnier site than those bitches losing the plot towards the end of a derby game as it means they've lost to their superiors yet again.

The fact that snivveling wretch Murray tried to do Hamill but wee Hamsters jumps out the way and lands on that erseholes leg is also very pleasing.

GTF hobos, 2 years, no wins, try harder next time eh ffs.

If we lose a game to this Hibs squad, I will be :seething:

Bizarre.

They could and probably should have had a least three red cards yesterday.

Dr. Bapswent

They could and probably should have had a least three red cards yesterday.

Sproule - at least 2 yellows if not a red.

Murray - about 7 yellows.

O'connor - red card

Sodje - red card

Griffiths - red card

O'connor - red card

Sodje - red card

Griffiths - red card

:thumbsup:

I was watching the game with some Hibs fans and they were shocked when Sodje got a yellow and they claimed "he would've been criticised for not going for it"... This has to be the worst excuse ever. You simply cannot go in with your feet that high.

I think Sodje, Griffiths, Sproule, Murray and O'Connor all could have been given the red yesterday.

Nelly Terraces

If we lose a game to this Hibs squad, I will be :seething:

Mate, if we go and even drop so much as a single point to that garbage then I'll be asking for heads to role :P . They are f'ing murder. Which is nice.:D

i can't remember the griffiths one, what happened?

first thing he did when he came on was to scythe down hamill with his studs showing.

i can't remember the griffiths one, what happened?

Within minutes of him coming on he went 2 footed into Hamill I think. No contact made but if there was it would have broken bones.

Bizarre.

For me there could of been a few red cards going Hibs way and that was certainly one of them. A disgraceful challenge.

Tin hat on however I don't think that was that bad a challenge in terms of intent compared to the others. The ball was there to be won and I think he had every right to go for it. I certainly would have expected our strikers to do the same.

So yes the result was horrible and lets hope Kello recovers fully quickly but I don't think it was intended to be a bad foul and more Kello beat him to the ball and came off worse. A yellow rather than a red for me.

alwaysthereinspirit

Although the score line clearly flattered Hearts,

I was impressed with the well timed and accurate tackling of the Hibs players.

If there were awards for sportsmanship and professionalism I think Hibs would go far.

Most of the Hearts players were awful for their play acting and pretend injuries.

They should be ashamed.

0,,10289~9940751,00.gif

I dont get the problem here with this photo. If the goal is to maim, then the precision and timing of this assault is perfect. Kudos to the #ibs coaches.

I think Sodje was right to go for the ball, however, it was the manner in which he challenged for it that should have made it a red.

Yes the ball was there to be won, but the height of the ball meant he should have been going for it with his head/chest, not with leg outstretched and studs showing, for some reason Craigan and the media think "the ball was there to be won" means you can challenge for it however you like, which is simply nonsense!

Guest Dipped Flake

Tin hat on however I don't think that was that bad a challenge in terms of intent compared to the others. The ball was there to be won and I think he had every right to go for it. I certainly would have expected our strikers to do the same.

So yes the result was horrible and lets hope Kello recovers fully quickly but I don't think it was intended to be a bad foul and more Kello beat him to the ball and came off worse. A yellow rather than a red for me.

Agree with this, in fact I was suprised at the time to see a yellow card. Compared to the blatant assaults that a few other hibbies carried out, this one was nowhere near as bad.

Patrick Bateman

Craig Thomson should be asked to explain why he didn't show either a straight red for Sproule's stamp on Grainger's ankle, or refusing to show a second yellow for his foul moments later. His refusal to properly discipline Hibs thugs gave them licence to attempt to injure any Hearts player on the ball. Really, really poor refereeing.

Still, if the Vermin wanted to know why they are known as such, now they should have a good idea... :thumbsup:

lost in leith

Craig Thomson should be asked to explain why he didn't show either a straight red for Sproule's stamp on Grainger's ankle, or refusing to show a second yellow for his foul moments later. His refusal to properly discipline Hibs thugs gave them licence to attempt to injure any Hearts player on the ball. Really, really poor refereeing.

Still, if the Vermin wanted to know why they are known as such, now they should have a good idea... :thumbsup:

Didn't think the first one was that bad at the game, but when you see it in slo mo it was nasty. Second one was a nothing challenge. Interesting to compare the Sodje challenge with the red card Goncalves got for high feet a couple of years ago.

Durham Jambo

The worst of the lot was O'Connor's "tackle" on Hamill. Absolute horror tackle, could very easily have snapped Hamill's ankle.

Positive was seeing that he clearly realises how pish Hibs really are, and that he's made a stinking career move returning there.

Absolutely agree that O'Connors was the worst tackle. He went for Hamill's standing leg and how he didn't break his ankle is beyond me. Looked really bad at the game and 10 times worse on the telly.

Bert Le Clos

Sodje was entitled to go for the ball......with his head. Keepers can go for the ball in the box at whatever level they like, every player knows the high foo rule.

Sodje's a fecking coward, if he had a morsel of back bone he'd have gone for that with his head. WTF did he think was going to happen when he lept with his foot 5 feet up in the air?!

Ivan Sproule is another coward. I didn't think his tackle on Grainger was that bad at the game, but on the replays you see he clearly plants his studs on Grainger's ankle.

O'Connor's was a shocker. It looked bad at the game and looked even worse on TV.

Ian Murray is just laughable in derbies. He's so far off the pace these days he knows he's got nothing to contribute other than hurting a Hearts player. And it's no surprise he keeps doing it, he gets away with it everytime. Should have been given a 2nd yellow after the lunge at Hammill.

Hammill could have properly done him a sore one in return as he came down but showed a bit of class by trying to avoid Murray with his boots. After the remaining derbies of this season/Murray's career (there can't be many left) he might consider landing on his face the next time.

kennyblack'sshot

I think the ref realised he could have sent Stevenson off and it was going to take a horrendous injury to a Hearts player for him to send a Hibs player off.

Murray, O'Conner, Sodje and Griffiths did their best to oblige. It's the same every derby these days - Hibs are by far the dirtier team but their fans still have the cheek to call Hearts a "big, physical side".

I think Sodje was right to go for the ball, however, it was the manner in which he challenged for it that should have made it a red.

Yes the ball was there to be won, but the height of the ball meant he should have been going for it with his head/chest, not with leg outstretched and studs showing, for some reason Craigan and the media think "the ball was there to be won" means you can challenge for it however you like, which is simply nonsense!

Got to agree with this! :thumb:

High foot, studs showing, was shockingly dangerous play and should have got a straight red.

Tommy Wiseau

I doubt Lolderwood even bothers wi team talks before the game so 'kick them off the park' would have been the instructions from Murray. :rofl:

:lol:

Love the idea of him in that shitey pullover, poking his head round the door of the changing room: "Ah'm a wee bit busy lads, yous can sort this out yourselves eh?"

O'connor - red card

Sodje - red card

Griffiths - red card

Yep, and the post Bateman made just below this is spot on as well. Thomson's job is to protect players - he singularly failed to do that yesterday. Whether Mark Hateley/whoever thought it was good refereeing because it was a derby and it's best to let the game flow is neither here nor there; they are wrong. Had O'Connor broken Hamill's ankle it would have been Thomson's fault entirely - his refusal to get the right cards out encouraged them to keep tackling like that.

How Griffiths stayed on the park in particular is beyond me.

Having seen the replays, I agree with this as well. At the time, I was wrong side to see just how high he was so was leaning towards blaming Webster for the short back header. When you see the replay though, coward's challenge - don't think it was malicious in any way (unlike other tackles in the game), but it was very dangerous. He just went in to try and ensure he never got hurt.

To think of what we've had players like Kingston and Goncalves sent off for in recent years, that sticks in the throat.

Had the misfortune of listening to Real Radio for 10 mins or so last night and they asked that fat useless thick lump (which one you ask) Derek Johnstone about sendings off. He reckons the game should have ended up with 5 reds, 3 for them and 2 for us.

It's a few hours on so I'll try so I might get one wrong

For us

Stevenson straight red for tackle on Murray

I disagree, bad foul but no studs showing and caught Murray with his calf / knee. A bit lucky though with his foul later on as he was on a yellow, but I don't think it was intentional.[/color]

Webster - now for a classic. Straight red for hand ball[/color]

You are having a laugh right? Have we changed the rules? Handball after a foul and play hasn't re-started results in a red card?

Them

O'Connor - Straight red for raking studs.

Agree

Sproule - Straight red for raking studs

Agree

Sodje - Straight red for high challenge

I'm going to disagree - I thought it was a ball he was entitled to go for. Looked worse due to a combination of the short pass back by Webster and Kello having a poorish and indecisive game.

Murray - 1st booking correct - nothing wrong with second.

Disagree - 2nd tackle was a red mist moment straight after his booking. Clear 2nd yellow irrespective of ball played in tackle.

Griffiths - Unlucky to be even booked.

Disagree, both feet of ground and studs showing.

Then they went on to have a discussion about refs and letting certain things go in certain games. That then moved on to how good a game Black has when he doesn't get involved (fair enough) but then how he should have been sent off for the tackle on Jelavic. Had to switch off. Going back to the Webster call above, when it comes down to such a basic lack of knowledge of the laws and the interpretation of them, they no longer deserves airtime. Unless I'm mistaken falling ackwardly in a challenge doesn't merit what the punishment should be. 999 times out of a 1000, Jelavic wouldn't have ended up with any form of injury after that type of tackle.

rossthejambo

Had the misfortune of listening to Real Radio for 10 mins or so last night and they asked that fat useless thick lump (which one you ask) Derek Johnstone about sendings off. He reckons the game should have ended up with 5 reds, 3 for them and 2 for us.

It's a few hours on so I'll try so I might get one wrong

For us

Webster - now for a classic. Straight red for hand ball[/color]

You are having a laugh right? Have we changed the rules? Handball after a foul and play hasn't re-started results in a red card?

After hearing this nugget you should have just turned it off. Even for Real Radio that is really taking the piss.

Asking for a straight red for a hand ball after the whistle's gone for a foul?

:Vlad-Stupid:

Buffalo Bill

Murray paid for his late challenge by receiving both a stamp and a skelp from Hamill.

in a tit for tat battle was both Sproule's indiscretions not before Steveo had that throughly enjoyable tackle on Ian Murray?

I think the ref realised he could have sent Stevenson off and it was going to take a horrendous injury to a Hearts player for him to send a Hibs player off.

Murray, O'Conner, Sodje and Griffiths did their best to oblige. It's the same every derby these days - Hibs are by far the dirtier team but their fans still have the cheek to call Hearts a "big, physical side".

Stevenson's was never a sending off in a million years! Similar to Ian Black's against Motherwell. Went in side footed, missed the ball and clattered the player. Yellow at most

Gregory House M.D.

Had Marian Kello caught Sodje like that, he wouldn't have landed before the red was shown.

Had Sodje's knee connected on Marians head instead of his shin, he could've done some serious damage to Kello's skull.

Big cretin.

I think I'm clearly on my own but I didn't think the tackle on Kello was that bad, a booking yes without doubt, but I do think he was entitled to challange. Far worse than that was O'Connors, that was an absolute shocker and a definate straight red.

Archived