Stevenson (Merged Threads)

Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling

7 goals in his last 14 starts... are we starting to see the prolific scorer that Ayr United had?

I also like him very much.

:thumbsup:

7 goals in his last 14 starts... are we starting to see the prolific scorer that Ayr United had?

I also like him very much.

:thumbsup:

Going by his goal celebration he likes us too.

I get the impression that he knows joining Hearts was his last chance and plays every game like it his last! I hope that rubs off on the rest of the team.

He is turning into a great signing, just gets better and better!! :thumbsup:

He has scored important goals too.... maybe should be looking to extend his contract toot sweet!

I'm still wary when i see his name on the teamsheet. Fecking hate myself for it too.

He has been magnificent for us this season and the end of last.

That is a very impressive record.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I thought he was anonymous up until the goal tbh.

Got a habit of scoring though which is always welcome but for me he's a squad player.

i actually love the guy now. I'm glad he proved me wrong because I thought he was utter mince at first. Turning out to be a great signing. :thumbsup:

Clerry Jambo

I wasn't really sure about him being stuck out on the right, wanted him nearer 2 T's, but what the hell do I know, played very well.

Is it just me that thinks it wasnt that bad? Sproules on Grainger was far far worse as was Murray on Hamill. ESPN had an agenda as far I'm concerned in repeatedly showing and referring to Stevensons tackle in half time and full time summaries.

Preferred Jamie Hamills two-footed stamp on him at the end, deserved it the hacking, cheating rats, but Stevensons was great as well.

even Kenny Clark in today's Sun said a yellow was all it merited as he clearly went for the ball. ESPN just wouldn't let it go though, or the supposed penalty claim when the ball hit Stevo's arm. I was fuming at how often they went on about such a non event! :D

Nelly Terraces

The beeb commentary: "Stevenson leaves Murray in a crumpled heap".

Top man Ryan!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Man of the Match.

Horatio Caine

Anyone else think that, with Stevo's development continuing, he could turn into the box to box midfielder we need?

I don't think he is good enough. He should not be starting ahead of Rudi, Templeton, Suso or Novi.

That being said, thought he was very good yesterday.2nd half he looked excellent.

I'll be honest - I think he was lucky to stay on the park yesterday. Dont think that his fantastic crunching tackle on Murray merited a red on its own, but, when you look at the other challenges and such like, I think he can consider himself lucky.

But aye - played really well and certainly merits his place in the team just now.

Is it just me that thinks it wasnt that bad? Sproules on Grainger was far far worse as was Murray on Hamill.

Add to that the fat junkie's tackle on Hamill and their new saviour who's "one of them" two footed lunge on Hamill, the filthy whores and dope dealers could easily have had 4 reds!

I have been very critical of Stevenson, and usually bemoan his selection. However credit where credits due I was proved wrong yesterday, great performance. I am certainly warming to him, and performances like yesterday will go a long way in convincing others he can a certain starter in our team. He seems to have a lampard-esque knack of being in the right place at the right time which is something you can't teach. Keep it going Ryan!!

Craig Herbertson

I have been very critical of Stevenson, and usually bemoan his selection. However credit where credits due I was proved wrong yesterday, great performance. I am certainly warming to him, and performances like yesterday will go a long way in convincing others he can a certain starter in our team. He seems to have a lampard-esque knack of being in the right place at the right time which is something you can't teach. Keep it going Ryan!!

On the BBC highlights his name is hardly off the sheet. Involved in everything. He's confident in front of goal. I like him.

The beeb commentary: "Stevenson leaves Murray in a crumpled heap".

Top man Ryan!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Man of the Match.

Loved that mate.

It took Stevo a wee while to adjust to spl and get his fitness up, but I could always see a player in there and he is begining to play well and score important goals for us. I defo think he is more than the squad player that I've seen posted on JKB a lot in the past. Well done Stevo played well yesterday and my motm.

Last season he looked like a player with potential but first division fitness.

This season we are seeing his potential with spl fitness.. Never doubted the boy and anyone willing to run themselves into the ground week in week out is welcome at tynecastle.

menstrie1874

I like the fact that although he his not a jambo he knows how important a derby win is to fans, much in the same way as big kk does. Think Ryan seems greatful to the club abd fans for giving him a chance.

crunched that **** wit a beauty anaw, well done Steveo

Also booted Murrays ugly puss in the second half too

:pleasing:

Tommy Wiseau

Keeps getting written off but just keeps on doing the damage.

One of the good guys. :thumbsup:

I don't think he is good enough. He should not be starting ahead of Rudi, Templeton, Suso or Novi.

That being said, thought he was very good yesterday.2nd half he looked excellent.

He has played better than all of the above this year. :blink:

Just goes to show how different people see different things.

One of the first on the teamsheet for me.

He must have felt 10 feet tall when he walked off to be subbed, with the whole crowd singing "Stevo, Stevo"

Great performance.

itsnomarooned

Personally I'd have him in ahead of Rudi - just my opinion but I think it was a mistake to give Rudi the contract extension and I don't think it will be renewed in January. He's a completely different player to the other 3 so not sure how valid it is to compare.

Personally I'd have him in ahead of Rudi - just my opinion but I think it was a mistake to give Rudi the contract extension and I don't think it will be renewed in January. He's a completely different player to the other 3 so not sure how valid it is to compare.

It's valid to compare because he was playing right wing/support striker.

Last season he looked like a player with potential but first division fitness.

This season we are seeing his potential with spl fitness.. Never doubted the boy and anyone willing to run themselves into the ground week in week out is welcome at tynecastle.

Spot on.

Last season he looked like a player with ability but was nowhere near fit or sharp enough for the spl. Looks a different player now he's fit and confident. Great worker and his striking of the ball is excellent

He has played better than all of the above this year. :blink:

He played well yesterday. I don't think he has in previous games.

Suso has been injured, Rudi hasn't had a pre-season.

I'd argue Templeton has played well in patches as has Novi. I'd also argue that both have far more potential, and would offer more, generally speaking, than Stevenson in the position he played yesterday.

He played well yesterday, I don't have anything against him, i just don't think he is good enough to start if we have a full squad. Though he made me eat my words yesterday.

He scores goals. That's exactly what we need. All the fancy footwork in the world is a waste if there isn't a goal at the end of it.

I think Stevenson still falls away in some games, particularly away from Tynecastle.

That said, I like Stevenson and he certainly proved me wrong when I asked for him to be emptied.

itsnomarooned

It's valid to compare because he was playing right wing/support striker.

OK - that's a fair point but I suppose with Driver on the other side playing another winger might have made us somewhat more vulnerable in the midfield, yes we ended up with 2 wingers but that was at a different stage of the game. It's all about playing the players most appropriate for the specific game and formation etc.

He scores goals. That's exactly what we need. All the fancy footwork in the world is a waste if there isn't a goal at the end of it.

pretty much always been a decent finish aswell.

I'm still wary when i see his name on the teamsheet. Fecking hate myself for it too.

He has been magnificent for us this season and the end of last.

That is a very impressive record.

I'm a bit like you when I see Zaliukas's name go on the teamsheet although yesterday he looked ok because Hibs were so crap.

rossthejambo

After a shaky start to last season he's been gradually proving me wrong and I'm more than happy for that to be the case. Seems to love playing for us and that makes him alright in my book...scoring goals against Hibs and winning goals against Rangers certainly helps his cause.

Could still do with a bit more consistency but I don't get the same feeling of apprehension when I see his name on the team sheet these days.

Again I thought Stevenson was superb.

I have also always been a fan, think he constantly gives his all and is always willing to play wherever he gets put.

Also have met the guy on several occasions and he is brand new, porper down to earth guy and loved it when he signed for Hearts.

And as long as he keeps scoring against Hibs he will be a hero!!

Also love watching that **** Murray getting up ended, makes the day even sweeter!

linkin- hearts

Think the lad is getting better by the game, just wish he could stop being so enthusiastic in his tackles, reminds me of Paul Scholes in that respect, tho curbing his enthusiasm might not be beneficial to the rest of his game.:thumbsup:

After a shaky start to last season he's been gradually proving me wrong and I'm more than happy for that to be the case. Seems to love playing for us and that makes him alright in my book...scoring goals against Hibs and winning goals against Rangers certainly helps his cause.

Could still do with a bit more consistency but I don't get the same feeling of apprehension when I see his name on the team sheet these days.

i was trying to remember who it was who shared my viewpoint when a row erupted last year. Im the same my confidence in him is growing. He is by no means a star but hes great to have in the squad and he seems to sppreciate every minute he gets on the park, good finisher too.

I am glad he is a certain starter the previous manager signed him but did not always start him I have always rated him and I am glad he is getting his reward.

Vlad should give him a two year contarct now.

Gordon Ramsay

Say what you want about Stevo but the guy knows where the back of the net is. He continually pops up with important goals for us and gives 100% everytime he plays.

After being critical of him at first, I have to admit my opinion has totally changed. He's a very important player for us now.

Archived