Referees Performance

piltonjambo

I'd just like to guage how others thought he did today ...

I'll start ... frankly I don't quite believe that they finished with 11 men today ...

:verymad:

I'll start ... frankly I don't quite believe that they finished with 11 men today ...

That'd be my only complaint. O'Connor had two swipes at Hearts player after he had been booked and he missed both of them. You could argue the case for Murray to be sent off also.

Other than that I think he got everything right and was pretty unobtrusive as a ref, as it should be.

ginger jambo98

You're in good company, Sergio says much the same in the article on the Hearts website.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Another inept Thomson performance.

Stevo was lucky but I can't believe thre wasn't a Hibs player sent off today.

A bunch of total thugs and at least a red card for someone might have got them to calm down. Even our keeper was badly hurt by these animals.

I hope they get relegated.

Busby2Gibson

Generally think that Thomson is one of the better refs. But I look at the challenges that got put in today and think what if that had come from Black or Zaliukas - or another Hearts player and what would the ref have done? I wish I could say that I think we'd have ended the match with 11 players as well but I really don't think we would.

he missed or chose to ignore quite a few challenges that warrented yellow or red cards and not just from hibs players.

I thought he was fairly consistent today - very lenient considering Stevenson and four Hobos could have been off. Maybe he was making allowances for the atrocious conditions

Hibs finishing with 11 men was a farce.

The amount of nothing free-kicks they got from little niggles vs the amount we never got from the same was also ridiculous.

He was dying for some scandal, but only against one team. If we had made all the tackles they did, we've have finished with 9 men maximum.

coatbridgejambo

O'Connor = the new riordan he cant handle being pumped off the big team

TBH I'm more inclined to complain when they do send players off than when they don't.

It was a slippery pitch today and there were a fair few tasty challenges. I think Hibs team lost it and resorted to trying to kick lumps out of us but at least they don't have a red card to blame for their defeat.

Are people saying Stevo should have got a straight red?

could!!! as could have hamill for that matter.

there were certainly more deserving specimens in green though.

could!!! as could have hamill for that matter.

there were certainly more deserving specimens in green though.

I'd need to see it again, but after he had chickened out of giving Sproule a second booking, it would have been very inconsistent.

I actually thought he was pretty good - I'd rather he let things go for both sides (which he did) and kept the game going than stopping the game all the time. He could have shown them a few red cards but likewise I thought he might have done that same to Stevenson and Hamill so I'm not inclined to complain much

scott herbertson

I actually thought he was pretty good - I'd rather he let things go for both sides (which he did) and kept the game going than stopping the game all the time. He could have shown them a few red cards but likewise I thought he might have done that same to Stevenson and Hamill so I'm not inclined to complain much

I agree, though I thought towards the end Murray could have gone - he showed his studs one too many times for em. But in general Murray allowed the play to flow in difficult conditions

On some days there could easily have been 3 or 4 red cards. I thought Thomson kept his cool and handled the game really well today. He had a very difficult job on his hands.

hearts_crazy

Sproule = straight red

Griffiths = straight red

Ian Murray (dirty ******* *******) = 2 straight reds

Oh and according to the commentary team it's OK to kick the opposition goalkeeper in the head

It has to be said though that Stevenson was also lucky to stay on the pitch

Ian Murray should have been off and there could have been more bookings.

I actually thought the linesmen were worse, is it just me or did they make a few howlers today especially with O'Conner in the second half.

NextGenerationJambo

elliot was being fouled the whole game by the ugly baldie git at the back.

thompson was rank.

Just back from the game today and I'm a bit puzzled about what Stevenson done to deserve a red card any clues?

Tommy Wiseau

He was an absolute disgrace. A major part of your job is to protect the players, you ****ing spanner - letting them away with attempts to hurt our players encouraged them to try it again and again.

He also needs to learn the diffo between a mistimed tackle and a blatant foul to stop us attacking.

I wasn't impressed.

His attitude towards the ballboy was shocking.

Why he felt the need to bring a small boy to the attention of 3000+ hibs fans scorn, I have no idea.

The prick should have kick the balloons himself.

Basil Hayden

If we could get that level of refereeing every week I would be happy. Go back and look at some of the old derby videos on YouTube and look at some of the challenges there.

In general I think football is becoming way to much of a non-contact sport.

The big problem for me is that next game, we'll have someone sent off for doing much less

gorgie rd eh11

If he had applied the rules as strictly as they have been applied to HMFC players in recent years then hibs would have finished the game with no more than 8 players. They couldn't take it and lost the plot, shower of sh*t.

PISH POOR

Archived